PDA

View Full Version : Question for Fellow Beyond Expert Auto Importers

heavyD
07-04-2016, 09:52 AM
Is there a decent broker that can do most of the legwork to get a car imported from the US to Canada? I imported an MR2 a decade ago and I don't remember it being too bad but this may be a little more complicated. Short story is my wife's step father's (lives in Lethbridge) brother passed away who lives in Seattle. All he is survived by is brother and they went to Seattle to clear out his apartment and found out that he had a car. It's a 2000 Outback with 125k miles but in very good shape seeing it's a Seattle car parked underground all the time and they want to bring it back to give it to a grandson that could use it. Now there's complicated stuff like death certificates and stuff like that to get the title and since my wife's step dad is 75 years old the less he has to do the better so I'm wondering if there is a turnkey like broker that can take care of all the details so they can just drive the car back through the border without hassle?

rage2
07-04-2016, 10:39 AM
I don't think brokers can help with obtaining a title. But once you have the title everything else is easy.

heavyD
07-04-2016, 11:49 AM
They are pretty old people so they need it color by numbers easy lol. Is there a particular broker that's good to deal with?