PDA

View Full Version : Where can you buy sections of grass in Calgary?

Disoblige
07-05-2016, 09:55 AM
Hey guys,

Where's the best place in Calgary to buy rolled up sections of grass? Or is there even a place in Calgary that does this for pets?

Wanted to run some on one of my balconies during stampede time so I don't have to walk my dog at night with a bunch of drunken idiots trying to pet him.

Something like this, but probably more rectangular is what I'll build.

http://dogsaholic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/The-Porch-potty-grass-litter-box.jpg

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Edit: Just to clarify, I want to buy real grass, not synthetic.

sabad66
07-05-2016, 10:10 AM
you can buy 2'x4' rolls of sod for about 5.99 at any home improvement/garden store. Lowes, Home Depot, Rona, Golden Acre, etc.

Not sure if they will last 10 days though, especially with a dog doing their business on there. But you can always swap them out after they turn yellow if you're just doing it temporarily.

ercchry
07-05-2016, 10:22 AM
Most major sod operations are outside of town.... For obvious reasons (takes a lot of land) not sure if they sell anything less than a half pallet at a time though so the box stores might be the only option for you

If you want it to last, lay some soil and fertilizer under it, water daily

pheoxs
07-05-2016, 01:34 PM
There's a sod place beside cross iron mills that sells individual rolls of 2'x5'. Forget how much it was but fairly cheap, 3-4$ per 10sq feet chunk.

sabad66
07-05-2016, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by pheoxs
There's a sod place beside cross iron mills that sells individual rolls of 2'x5'. Forget how much it was but fairly cheap, 3-4$ per 10sq feet chunk.
blue grass
http://www.bluegrassnursery.com/

If you're looking for bulk they are definitely the cheapest, but again for 2-3 rolls i'd say home improvement stores are the best bet

Projek01
07-05-2016, 03:17 PM
blue grass doesn't care about how much you are buying. the last time I was there, I bought two rolls and spent $7.

your dog will kill that grass in no time however. then you have to rip out piss soaked sod out of that box.