PDA

View Full Version : RV parking at University near Arts Building

ExtraSlow
07-07-2016, 02:12 PM
Thought this crew might be able to help me. Need to attend an event in the Arts Building (Arts parkade), and we're leaving town immediately afterwards to go camping. So since my truck and trailer combination is damn near sixty feet long, and not terribly maneuverable, parking is a disaster. Anyone know of parking within a reasonable walk of that side of campus that would accommodate a big rig like that?

I guess I could always pay for parking in Lot 10, and just park at the back. Any other suggestions? Any sneaky spots that aren't busy through the summertime?

Nufy
07-07-2016, 02:17 PM
Home depot ? Across 16th.

ExtraSlow
07-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Looking for parking near University Of Calgary Arts building.

jwslam
07-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Market Mall + Car2Go?
The bus is also fairly convenient (I think it's the 9?)

Nufy
07-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Oops...I thought I read SAIT in there somewhere...

Volleydome ?

Not sure where that is in relation to the Arts bldg though...

G-ZUS
07-07-2016, 03:09 PM
How long is your event for? Weekend? You may get lucky on the street by the train station but it may be more walking then you'd want to do

Boat
07-07-2016, 03:17 PM
My guess is you might be able to park around university drive/mcmahon stadium parking

R154
07-07-2016, 03:31 PM
Yeah i'd just park in university heights. along underhill drive.

A2VR6
07-07-2016, 04:56 PM
Your best bet might be by father david bauer

dirtsniffer
07-07-2016, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Thought this crew might be able to help me. Need to attend an event in the Arts Building (Arts parkade), and we're leaving town immediately afterwards to go camping. So since my truck and trailer combination is damn near sixty feet long, and not terribly maneuverable, parking is a disaster. Anyone know of parking within a reasonable walk of that side of campus that would accommodate a big rig like that?

I guess I could always pay for parking in Lot 10, and just park at the back. Any other suggestions? Any sneaky spots that aren't busy through the summertime?

Only problem with lot 10 is you have to turn right as you come in ND before you go. Might not be bad if no one is parked in the first row.

Been a few years since I have been there though.

dirtsniffer
07-07-2016, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Only problem with lot 10 is you have to turn right as you come in ND before you go. Might not be bad if no one is parked in the first row.

Been a few years since I have been there though.