PDA

View Full Version : Samsung TV problem

16hypen3sp
07-13-2016, 08:16 PM
I left for work yesterday and my girlfriend calls me today saying the TV is all messed up. I asked her to do some minor troubleshooting but it looks like the TV is fried. It's a Samsung I purchased back in 2010. LCD. Anyone have this happen before? Cheap enough to fix or just buy a new TV?

Samsung Series 5 530/540 according to the manual.
eAY8dW0Qumg

mobius
07-13-2016, 09:52 PM
Have you tried replacing the video cable (I'm assuming HDMI). And/or resetting your cable box/sat receiver.

Alterac
07-13-2016, 10:13 PM
That's generally the cable from the driver board to the lcd itself.

They are connected in multiple series of drivers/cables that control the vertical bars.

This guy goes into detail, and shows whats going on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LysMj2Tcp4M

Its a pita to fix right if you havnt done it before.

I would call BESTECH and see if they can do it.

Mitsu3000gt
07-14-2016, 09:22 AM
If it's not the cable I would probably just buy a new TV, that is a cheap TV and at almost 7 years old, I would just buy another cheap one. That's not a bad life span these days.

16hypen3sp
07-14-2016, 09:40 AM
Thanks for any/all input. I will do some more troubleshooting when I get home from work. So far the cable box doesn't appear to be the issue. I'll know more when I get home.

Kind of strange but that's how it goes I guess. Worked really well until all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore.

Kloubek
07-14-2016, 09:45 AM
I had horizontal lines appear on my 2 year old Samsung plasma. Did some research, but mainly came across instances like yours. The general consensus was to check the connections (as mentioned) but otherwise that it is fried, and not worth fixing on both accounts.