PDA

View Full Version : Benz owners and Parking Sensors

jabjab
07-19-2016, 07:34 AM
Just recently picked up a C350 coupe and when i put the car in reverse the parking sensors light up red and dont' work.

I've been told if one of the sensors on the bumper gets a rock ship it sets up the whole system. Is there a way to trouble shoot this instead of going to the dealer? on visual inspection there is somewhat of of a chip one of the sensors.

are these systems really that sensitive?

R154
07-19-2016, 07:58 AM
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/v-class/2024593-parking-sensors-fault.html

rage2
07-19-2016, 08:08 AM
Even in snow, if one sensor is covered up, the system thinks you're about to collide with something for that sensor, hence the warnings lighting up. There's a button to turn off parking sensors for this reason.

I'd say a damaged sensor would exhibit the same behavior. Next time get the bumper 3M'd. The sensors work over 3M just fine.

jabjab
07-19-2016, 08:12 AM
I'll try by taking off the bumper this weekend and checking the connections. Will probably be ordering one sensor as they are inexpensive to replace the chipped out.

Process of elimination but will probably be using that shut off button in the winter when its too cold to clear all the snow off the bumper

rage2
07-19-2016, 08:26 AM
Fluffy stuff doesn't stick on long, blows off the bumper at 50km/h or higher. It's the slushy days where slush kicked up by cars ahead that sticks to it. I dunno about ice, I never park outside enough to get ice buildup.