PDA

View Full Version : HELP: My QNAP TS-251 NAS doesn't like my new receiver.

ZMan2k2
07-27-2016, 06:43 PM
I just got a Marantz NR-1504 receiver. My Marantz SR6007 died, and when I had my 6007, I could play my blu ray rips no problem, with lossless audio. Now, I can't get a picture. I have it in the Media Player input on the new receiver, and I've checked it on the TV alone, and no picture or sound. I can adjust the video output when the NAS is plugged into the new receiver, but the receiver is on another input. When put on the Media Player input, I can't adjust the output on my laptop. It's weird. All I did was switch receivers, and it should be no issue, but the NAS is not acting right. I hope it's not dead, that would suck, as I don't want to re-rip all my movies. Any help would be appreciated.

Xtrema
07-27-2016, 08:30 PM
HDCP version change? I would assume that new receiver may be 4K capable with HDMI 2.0 which may come with HDCP 2.2 and that could be the issue.

I assume other sources are fine?

ZMan2k2
07-27-2016, 09:48 PM
It's not 4K capable. I didn't want that. So, it's a basic low model receiver. Other sources are fine, just the NAS. I can get it to show, if I reset the microprocessor in the receiver, but then KODI is unresponsive, and won't go past the click on icon stuff. I get a spinning box, and that's it. I tried installing the codex pack that QNAP has on their site, but that didn't help. Resetting the NAS doesn't help, I don't know what's going on. The old receiver was 4 years old, and had no problems, but this one just doesn't like the NAS. The NAS is HDCP 1.4, just like the receiver. The HDMI cable is fine, I tried a different cable with no results, and I can get picture, but resetting the receiver every time, and not being able to go past the log in screen gets really old after a while.

Xtrema
07-27-2016, 10:19 PM
I still think it's a HDCP handshake issue. Lots of people are having same issues.

https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?t=115709

Try plugging it directly to TV or another display to see if it's stable.

If it is, I have never tried this myself, there are HDMI switches that claims to remove the handshake process.

ZMan2k2
07-28-2016, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
I still think it's a HDCP handshake issue. Lots of people are having same issues.

https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?t=115709

Try plugging it directly to TV or another display to see if it's stable.

If it is, I have never tried this myself, there are HDMI switches that claims to remove the handshake process.

DING DING DING! We have a winner. That's what it is. I plugged it directly into the TV, rebooted HD Station, which is the program that controls the HDMI out port, and boom! picture. I could move around, switch, play, etc. Now to find one of those devices that remove handshake issues. Monoprice is sold out.

ZMan2k2
07-28-2016, 09:06 AM
Okay, here's something weird. I have it working now, on a whim, I connected the NAS to the "Aux" input on the front of the receiver. Bang! Everything works. So, why is it not working on the "Media Player" input on the back? I'd like to have all cables hidden, and right now, I have an HDMI cable sticking out of the front of my receiver. Any ideas?

ZMan2k2
08-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Fixed my problem. Did some research, and contacted Marantz, and was recommended to look at hdfury.com. Picked up a Dr. HDMI, and now my NAS plays through the Media Player port on the back of my receiver. All I had to do when I got it was load a custom EDID found on the hdfury website. Powered everything off, unplugged the HDMI cables, then turned everything on, plugged the cables back in, and BOOM!, problem solved. So if you're having issues with your HTPC, I highly recommend this little device. It even draws power from the HDMI cables 5V, so there's no plugging it into power.:thumbsup: