PDA

View Full Version : license plate placement

Forsale
07-28-2016, 08:14 PM
https://tstindustries.com/images/D/Honda-Detailed-CBR-Fender-Eliminator-3.jpg

You think i'm going to get harass with this fender eliminator? CBR 600rr i search and read some but i think this kit is moved up a bit higher then usual?

revelations
07-28-2016, 08:37 PM
Yes, you are - esp if you wear shorts, tshirts and sandals. However, if you're a mature rider then perhaps not.

In my experience, the police tend to target sport riders without much protective gear on.

Forsale
07-28-2016, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by revelations
Yes, you are - esp if you wear shorts, tshirts and sandals. However, if you're a mature rider then perhaps not.

In my experience, the police tend to target sport riders without much protective gear on.

Just got back into riding, Jacket Helmet gloves jeans? and some riding boots.

revelations
07-28-2016, 10:23 PM
Sure thats a good start. And get colours that are visible to traffic, rather than invisible.

I sold my grey jacket and bought a yellow (not fluorescent) JR jacket and notice that I was actually being seen for once.

16hypen3sp
07-28-2016, 11:31 PM
Lol. Everyone loves TST Industries FE kits. Especially CBR owners.

I haven't had any issues with my FE kit on my 1000RR. Same placement. If a cop tells you it's illegal, it isn't. Last I checked, the plate has to be face outward from the rear of the bike on a mudguard OR fender, legible, and visible at all times - which includes a light for night time.

My TST FE kit came with an LED light with a 3M backing. Sticks right to the top of the plate.

Like I said, I haven't had any problems. But I don't deal with CPS. Usually RCMP/AB Sheriffs as I live by Red Deer.

Epididymitis
07-29-2016, 06:03 PM
Yeah youll get prostate hooked for that.

Rocket1k78
08-02-2016, 12:58 PM
Swap bikes with a buddy and ride behind him, that plate probably wont be visible at all. Had the same style mount on my R1 and got caught a few years ago on deerfoot. Ticketed for no fender and non visible plate. both totaled $200 in fines. If you're standing behind that bike the plate is very clear and easy to see but on the road is a whole other story. I swapped bikes with a buddy to see and i was better off riding with no plate for the super clean look :D