PDA

View Full Version : camping etiquette

03ozwhip
08-13-2016, 02:02 PM
I wanted to see what everyone thought about certain camping etiquette unwritten rules you guys go by and why not everyone who camps doesn't have common sense about it.

for example. I'm in 2 spots on the lake, 2 26 ft trailers, 2 full size trucks and an suv with a boat. I'm clearly parked sideways on our lots to indicate that this space is taken, not that it's already easy to establish.

campers across the road are coming through, in between the suv and truck to pass through into our campsite to an easy route to the lake.

earlier on in the day, buddy drives in between our vehicle's with his Sea-Doo trailer and proceeds to setup camp behind us at our picnic table, like nothing is happening.

do any of you campers out there see anything wrong with this picture? you would think it would be common sense to not walk through or even worse drive through someone's campsite without even asking if it's ok?

we got here early to have the good spots and now I feel like I'm catering to all these other fucks that decide it's too far of a walk around to the lake so they feels it's totally acceptable to walk through our site.

thoughts? oh, re: the guy who drove through, ya I let him set most of his stuff up before I told him to gtfo. just as ignorant as him plowing through thinking he can setup at our spot.

HuMz
08-13-2016, 03:06 PM
I was always taught to not walk through others campsites on the way to the lake/washrooms. There is always roadways and paths so that you don't have to cut through other people's sites. Try asking nicely to those who cut through if they can follow the road or path instead of cutting through. Many people weren't taught camping etiquette by their parents or some may be new to Canada.

JohnnyHockey
08-13-2016, 05:09 PM
I highly doubt these rude people are new immigrants...the immigrants are the ones that would be the most polite about this sort of thing, the worst they'd do is talk loud in their language and cook weird stuff....:dunno:

I'd say it's common sense not to tread into other's sites, it's the same as someone's yard...the people that do it are just rude people who don't care :banghead:

03ozwhip
08-13-2016, 05:41 PM
well they're not new immigrants....or are they? they're newfies...

ExtraSlow
08-13-2016, 05:41 PM
Your perception here is correct, this IS outside the normal campground etiquette. My kids are slow to learn this stuff, but I think they are figuring it out. Adults, there is no excuse, uppercuts for all of them.

finboy
08-13-2016, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Adults, there is no excuse, uppercuts for all of them.

Always the right first reaction, especially if they are walking soup through your camp site and spill it

nismodrifter
08-13-2016, 07:11 PM
Adults, there is no excuse, uppercuts for all of them.

I've been waiting so long for someone to use this Beyond classic

Ben
08-13-2016, 07:32 PM
Your perception here is correct, this IS outside the normal campground etiquette. My kids are slow to learn this stuff, but I think they are figuring it out. Adults, there is no excuse, uppercuts for all of them.

Originally posted by finboy

Always the right first reaction, especially if they are walking soup through your camp site and spill it

Originally posted by nismodrifter

Well played...
:clap:

03ozwhip
08-13-2016, 08:14 PM
at least I'm not the only one. I tried pointing some people in the right direction but they ignored me. next is uppercuts.

ExtraSlow
08-13-2016, 10:30 PM
Another key here is sleeveless shirts and mustaches.

those tend to keep the only slightly unaware away from your sphere of influence. I recommend both. If someone can't see both these unambiguous warning signals, they deserve all the uppercuts you can deliver.

asifka
08-15-2016, 12:01 AM

Those were good times on beyond :rofl:

TomcoPDR
08-15-2016, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by JohnnyHockey
I highly doubt these rude people are new immigrants...the immigrants are the ones that would be the most polite about this sort of thing, the worst they'd do is talk loud in their language and cook weird stuff....:dunno:

I'd say it's common sense not to tread into other's sites, it's the same as someone's yard...the people that do it are just rude people who don't care :banghead:

Originally posted by flipstah
Darker skin tones...

Just say Filipinos. Fuck. :rofl:

:rofl:

ercchry
08-15-2016, 07:48 AM
I'd take people detouring through my site over people running a generator 24/7.... Camping is going to shit

sputnik
08-15-2016, 07:55 AM

Beyond meet at Red Lobster.

Neil4Speed
08-15-2016, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by asifka

Those were good times on beyond :rofl:

The golden era of Beyond! :love:

R154
08-15-2016, 09:10 AM
Good thread.

codetrap
08-19-2016, 05:04 AM

03ozwhip
08-19-2016, 10:52 AM
ya I thought it was pretty ridiculous. the first time I saw someone literally go around and in between my cars with no moral issue, I stopped them and said " you know this is a campsite, right? you're walking into both of our campsites. there is a path to the water over there"

this was 3 women who obviously didn't have any camping etiquette or were totally oblivious and didn't care about anyone but themselves. clearly they just didn't care because they were the ones that were doing it the whole time.

I don't think I'll go back there, not to camp anyways, because I just get way too angry over it and stew over it and it gets me nowhere and clearly some people just don't care.

C_Dave45
08-19-2016, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
I'd take people detouring through my site over people running a generator 24/7.... Camping is going to shit
There's no need for 24/7 running of a generator. That's the one plus to a provincial or privately run campground, they all limit generators to daylight hours. I'd like to see them go one step further and outlaw open-frame generators. Or just "NO CHAMPION GENERATORS ALLOWED!"

If you really want peace and quiet, camp in a powered campground, the extra 8 or 9 bucks a night is worth the absolute silence from no generators anywhere.
All the kiddies are inside by 8:00 o'clock watching their Disney movies.

SOAB
08-19-2016, 03:34 PM
adults walking through other peoples campsites is ridiculous. my kids are 6 and 4 and even they know not to go into other peoples campsites.

the first time they walked through, I would let it go but if it happened again, I would let them know that they need to walk around.

Justing
08-19-2016, 04:50 PM
That's ridiculars.
Next time, demand that they govern themselves accordingly.

Type_S1
08-19-2016, 05:38 PM
If you ask them not to and they keep on doing it just go sit in there campsite while they are all there and don't say a word. Just sit there and chill, maybe bring cards and just start playing solitaire alone. They will get the hint.

ercchry
08-19-2016, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

There's no need for 24/7 running of a generator. That's the one plus to a provincial or privately run campground, they all limit generators to daylight hours. I'd like to see them go one step further and outlaw open-frame generators. Or just "NO CHAMPION GENERATORS ALLOWED!"

If you really want peace and quiet, camp in a powered campground, the extra 8 or 9 bucks a night is worth the absolute silence from no generators anywhere.
All the kiddies are inside by 8:00 o'clock watching their Disney movies.

...no rules when the attendant in the provincial campground is old as dirt, hard of hearing and can't talk :nut:

But yeah, thing wasn't even under load all weekend, just running it till it was out of gas, then fill it and run it again first thing in the morning.... It was pretty close to finding a new home at the bottom of the river :rofl:

AndyL
08-19-2016, 08:31 PM
Generally those are the same folks who aren't going to pay 8$/day for hookups - as it's about 6$ a day for generator fuel...

This is why I almost never camp in campgrounds.

But the oilpan only holds a qt on those little inverter generators... If it was all suctioned out and seized as one would expect an oil less engine to do... :dunno:

Not that I would ever advocate someone to test whether the low oil pressure switch on a stranger's genset works...

I have no idea if my pump for air mattresses holds about 2qts... :D

suntan
08-20-2016, 10:27 AM
Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court was the quietest campground I've ever stayed at. Full services but no fires. No one hung around during the day, or night for that matter.