PDA

View Full Version : F1 2016

schocker
08-19-2016, 06:01 PM
OUT TODAY PS4/Xbox One/PC

From reading critic/steam reviews and checking out feedback on reddit this is the real deal. Downloading now.

87uGukqoQ0c

schocker
08-22-2016, 08:57 AM
Played it a bunch on the weekend. The game is awesome. Only issue I have found is the AI is sometimes good sometimes garbage that and the tire management practice session I find super difficult.

danno
08-22-2016, 09:04 AM
I have f1 2015 and I enjoyed it. But I'm sick of buying the same franchise every year, and the drastic changes to the cars for next year I'll just sit this one out.

I bought drive club which is horrible and dirt rally which is awsome just wish there was more cars.

schocker
08-22-2016, 09:49 AM
^^^ Would probably be worth trying once it goes cheap. Never played 15 after seeing how much they removed but 6 is awesome and the career is awesome. Still haven't seen a safety car yet though as I am only doing 25% races. (Only 5 lap, 25%, 50% or Full)

rage2
08-22-2016, 09:51 AM
The driving dynamics has improved every iteration in the last 3 years. I really just need more time, because this is the first F1 game with a real online championship mode and I want to do another championship again.

Not sure if any of you guys were part of the Beyond F1 Championship back in 2010, but it was fucking amazing. A couple of us still reference races from that championship because of how epic it was haha. Old threads:

https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=oR27V_qjEMOL8QfOvLHQAg#q=site:forums.beyond.ca+beyond+f1+xbox+championship

I mean, check out the post race comments below, and this was race 2. Some of the races were even more intense.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/beyond-f1-xbox-championship-race-2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=318737&perpage=40&highlight=&pagenumber=2

phreezee
08-31-2016, 08:39 AM
Bought it for PC and played it for about an hour trying to get the steering settings right on my G27. Every bump in the road made the car twitch to the point I couldn't keep it straight. Will have to adjust the steering linearity some more and give it another shot.

killramos
08-31-2016, 08:49 AM
Online championship sounds awesome to me, but i doubt anyone would want to race with me. Not because I am aggressive. I'm just that bad. Ericsson Bad.

Maybe if I drive a Sauber i can just stay out of the way.:rofl:

rage2
08-31-2016, 09:01 AM
I've spent some time on the XB1 version. Made some notes.

- Handling isn't as on edge as F1 2010 but it's getting there. Still feels too easy to drive. Maybe I need more time to really find the limits of the car/tires before making that statement. But really, this only applies in qualifying (see more on tires below)

- Powering out of corners you need to be gentle on the throttle because the tires suck. Medium TC will fuck your line and no TC will spin you. Really, no TC is almost undrivable after tweaking setup to improve time.

- The default setups are pretty good. Even with setup tweaks, I'm only gaining about a second or so a lap. Nothing significant.

- Audio is crap, but that's due to the crappy engine noise. Had to tweak audio mix to hear my engine properly.

- Tires are terrible, and I didn't see a way to turn off tire sim. In a race, just like in real F1, I'm driving 70% to save the fucking tires. Tried to push for a 2 stop instead of a 3 stop race, and driving like a pussy, I still destroyed my tires. Hit the cliff on the 2nd last lap, pace dropped by 1.5s, and tried to make it home without a pitstop. Puncture. FUCK!

- I couldn't find engine modes. Can you set engine modes for fuel saving during a race or do I have to control it with lift and coast?

Gotta check to see if I can turn off tire sim at all. The excitement in the races was the fact that we could drive absolutely balls out for an entire race, sweat like a motherfucker, and just feels like an accomplishment. Saving tires, I drove one handed half the time. Not a fan of a sunday cruise.

phreezee
08-31-2016, 11:51 AM
Any opinions on the new Fanatec CSL Elite? $659USD +Shipping with the load cell kit, usb adaptor, 2 pedals and P1 wheel.

https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/

rage2
08-31-2016, 12:23 PM
I have the Fanatec Clubsport with XB1 wheel. I've also had 2 other Fanatecs. They're amazing and indestructible. The Clubsport FF is so strong I have to turn it down in most games. :eek:

sexualbanana
08-31-2016, 03:54 PM
Don't really mean to hijack the thread, but I saw this review a couple weeks ago.

Motorsport Manager (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/08/11/motorsport-manager-is-a-different-kind-of-racing-simulator)

Don't think it was worth starting another thread.

phreezee
08-31-2016, 10:12 PM
Just my luck, the G27 died tonight. No power, and I checked the power adapter and it read a perfect 24vdc.

Guess I'm buying a Fanatec CSL Elite. Should have bought F1 2016 for Xbox One. :banghead: