PDA

View Full Version : need to decontaminate my wife's SUV

Buster
08-29-2016, 11:47 AM
My wife's full size SUV looks like a disgusting concoction of 2 years worth of triple kid detritus.

I mean, it's BAD.

Food. Debris. Sticky shit. Countless crumbs and general crap stuck in between the seats. You name it.

I'm going to do a once over for the garbage and anything useful, then I want to drop it off to get thoroughly decontaminated.

What do people recommend?

jacky4566
08-29-2016, 12:03 PM
Pick up the garbage. Quick vacuum with a handivac then get it detailed with a seat steam clean.

Always had good service with Bubbles but there are many others. Dont forget the Beyond Sponsors!

Then if it smells rent an Ozone generator for a night or 2.

rage2
08-29-2016, 12:16 PM
I use Detailz, always amazing service for a fair price.

For my cars, I haven't had any problems even with 3 kids in the back. The shoes off, no food or drinks rule works great! Just make sure they have individual chargers for their electronic devices to distract from the hunger pains. :)

My gf's car doesn't enforce those rules, I empty it every couple of months and vacuum, then remind myself how awesome it is that it's a lease. :rofl:

G
08-29-2016, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by rage2

For my cars, I haven't had any problems even with 3 kids in the back. The shoes off, no food or drinks rule works great! Just make sure they have individual chargers for their electronic devices to distract from the hunger pains. :)

My gf's car doesn't enforce those rules, I empty it every couple of months and vacuum, then remind myself how awesome it is that it's a lease. :rofl:

Shoes off? Even in the winter?

npham
08-29-2016, 01:02 PM

Glenmore Audi used these guys to give my S5 an interior detail after one of their techs left dirty hand prints all over the place. They did a great job with the detail.

rage2
08-29-2016, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by G
Shoes off? Even in the winter?
Yup. As soon as they're in the car, shoes off to minimize the crap on the back of my Recaros.

Buster
08-29-2016, 01:36 PM
Is detailz a beyond sponsor? I always like to reward beyond sponsors.

ZeroGravity
08-29-2016, 02:06 PM
came into this thread with great interest...

For the past couple of months I try to pretend that there's no problem by adding car seats to my car and insist to take my car when I'm with the wife and kids. A little bit of me dies everytime I see the other vehicle. Sticky stuff, questionable odor, finger drawings on dirty black car and to remember that I took so long to try to get swirl marks off that vehicle. And it's NOT a lease. :cry:

rage2
08-29-2016, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Buster
Is detailz a beyond sponsor? I always like to reward beyond sponsors.
They are not. GTR Auto is, and I plan on giving them a try for my next detail.

max_boost
08-29-2016, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Buster
detritus.
i learned a new word today

killramos
08-29-2016, 02:39 PM
+1 for bubbles, had them clean out the toyota last year which frankly smelled and had never had an ounce of tlc put into it. Did a great job and actually made a huge difference. I don't remember the price being anything too outrageous compared to what a detailing shop would charge.

Kloubek
08-29-2016, 02:40 PM

Yup. As soon as they're in the car, shoes off to minimize the crap on the back of my Recaros.

I have a black apron hanging off the back of the passenger seat for when my little guy performs a rain dance on the backside of it.

(Which is pretty much any time he's in my car)

rage2
08-29-2016, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I have a black apron hanging off the back of the passenger seat for when my little guy performs a rain dance on the backside of it.

(Which is pretty much any time he's in my car)
I had those on the CLS. With no headrest on the Recaros, they don't fit.

The_Penguin
08-29-2016, 04:13 PM
I have 2 Golden Retrievers that I take to the dog park regularly.
Besides the damage to the back seat when I forget to put the seat cover back on, the hair is horrendous.
About once a week I open all the doors, go to the upwind side and use an electric leaf blower to get the loose stuff out. I learned a neat trick after a desperate Google search. Wiping the carpet with a pumice stone seems to extract hair much better than a vacuum or sticky roller.

Mitsu3000gt
08-29-2016, 04:32 PM
I use Detailz as well - family, friends, and I have used them multiple times now over a few years and every time has exceeded my expectations. Price has been great, and they always seem to do more work than expected (eg. they touched up a couple rock chips for free on one visit, and on another did not charge for extensive sap removal which was supposed to be extra). I could not believe how well they cleaned the engine bay as well.

Lux Detail
10-25-2016, 05:39 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).