PDA

View Full Version : I need some garage weather stripping replaced

Mar
09-03-2016, 04:43 PM
My condo board hired some people to repaint all the garage doors in the complex and these idiots painted the door, weather stripping, everything. When I got home from work my door wouldn't open, it had been painted shut, and eventually the motor ripped the anchor right out of the door trying to pull it open. I screwed that back on but now all the weather stripping is curled back and completely pointless. I'm looking for a quote from someone to replace it so I can send it to the board and have it replaced. Thanks.

FraserB
09-03-2016, 08:46 PM
Why are you bothering to do the board's work for them?

Tell them their contractor fucked up and that it needs to be fixed. Then they will come out and fix it. You don't need to run around and get quotes for them and hire your own contractor.

black_2.5RS
09-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Agree with Fraser but I also need someone to replace some weather stripping on my garage. It's yellowing and beginning to crack.

FraserB
09-04-2016, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by black_2.5RS
Agree with Fraser but I also need someone to replace some weather stripping on my garage. It's yellowing and beginning to crack.

I saw it at Home Depot last time I was there. Looks like it just screws on with a metal tab. Should be able to replace it pretty quickly.

HomespunLobster
09-04-2016, 10:06 AM
Measure it, cut it, make sure it fits, caulk the back of it, screw it in place. I never done it before and mine seals up like a champ