PDA

View Full Version : Acura NSX in Calgary

Calgarian
09-14-2016, 11:51 AM
The Acura NSX has finally arrived and is on display at Silverhill Acura in Calgary.

quick_scar
09-14-2016, 11:53 AM
Can one actually get up close and personal with it, or is it like the car show where you can only see it from 10 feet back?

Xtrema
09-14-2016, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by quick_scar
Can one actually get up close and personal with it, or is it like the car show where you can only see it from 10 feet back?

I would bet latter. You don't want family with kids showing up in showroom having accidents and fuck up a $250K car.

Calgarian
09-14-2016, 12:02 PM
We have it roped off however we are going to allow prospective buyers the opportunity to get up and personal.

quick_scar
09-14-2016, 12:05 PM
Honestly I just want to sit in it and actually check out the interior. Was hard to see at the car show I saw it at

Jonathanl10
09-14-2016, 12:16 PM
That awkward moment when the infotainment system/gamin nav and climate control are the exact same as the screen in my Honda Civic... -__-'

Calgarian
09-14-2016, 12:18 PM
Honestly I just want to sit in it and actually check out the interior. Was hard to see at the car show I saw it at
The reality is this is going to be someone's very special sport car and we need to do everything possible to respect their potential vehicle.
If it makes you feel any better I haven't sat in our NSX however I was lucky enough to drive the NSX on a track in Ohio. Pretty amazing sports car.

max_boost
09-14-2016, 12:20 PM
Pics! Can show off the showroom at the same time. :D :bigpimp:

nismodrifter
09-14-2016, 12:28 PM
meh.

I was drooling over the 92 that just sold @ Kulu (on OZ Futuras) :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

http://kulumotorcar.com/imagefile/acura1992nsxredblack1.jpg

Calgarian
09-14-2016, 12:33 PM
Here is a picture of the NSX arriving by way of a covered transport.

Calgarian
09-14-2016, 12:37 PM
Here is the NSX in the showroom.

Calgarian
09-14-2016, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Jonathanl10
That awkward moment when the infotainment system/gamin nav and climate control are the exact same as the screen in my Honda Civic... -__-'
Hardly awkward but likely intentional. The key also looks similar to the one you would find on a TLX without remote start.

mr2mike
09-14-2016, 12:50 PM
I don't like it in black. It kills all the lines of the car. Or could be your camera/pics.
Much prefer the blue or red.
But cool to have one in the city.

Calgarian
09-14-2016, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
I don't like it in black. It kills all the lines of the car. Or could be your camera/pics.
Much prefer the blue or red.
But cool to have one in the city.
Definitely looks better in person. The next NSX to arrive is white.

rage2
09-14-2016, 01:38 PM
Matte black looks insane on the new NSX. Perfect lines for it.

ZTq2ZkNR6yo

Neil4Speed
09-14-2016, 01:45 PM

Actually, if its anything like my TLX, it will be far worse!

Edit. Actually, looks like it runs an Android OS!

Neil4Speed
09-14-2016, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
meh.

I was drooling over the 92 that just sold @ Kulu (on OZ Futuras) :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

http://kulumotorcar.com/imagefile/acura1992nsxredblack1.jpg

This one looks pretty special condition wise, but its crazy to think what older NSX's were going 6-7 years ago.

schocker
09-14-2016, 02:34 PM
Maybe I will book my car in for maintenance at silverhill this time :drool:

Xtrema
09-14-2016, 02:43 PM

https://greasengasoline.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/ferrari-2012-california-interior.jpg

http://cdn.pinthiscars.com/images/dodge-caravan-2013-inside-wallpaper-6.jpg

Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Edit. Actually, looks like it runs an Android OS!

I think that will be the defacto Honda HU going forward. It's Carplay and Android Auto compatible.

K3RMiTdot
09-14-2016, 03:02 PM
There is one at NW Acura - I've sat in it and started it.

I still like it!

max_boost
09-14-2016, 04:57 PM
I miss my 05. too poor to afford the new lol

Calgarian
09-14-2016, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Matte black looks insane on the new NSX. Perfect lines for it.

ZTq2ZkNR6yo
I'm obviously to old to appreciate the matte look. If I'm buying a NSX, I want the shine.

Xtrema
09-14-2016, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Calgarian

I'm obviously to old to appreciate the matte look. If I'm buying a NSX, I want the shine.

Anything angular looks good in matte. Lambo, this are good with matte.

Darkane
09-14-2016, 09:09 PM

The reality is this is going to be someone's very special sport car and we need to do everything possible to respect their potential vehicle.
If it makes you feel any better I haven't sat in our NSX however I was lucky enough to drive the NSX on a track in Ohio. Pretty amazing sports car.

Said special car - is it MSRP?

Calgarian
09-15-2016, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Said special car - is it MSRP?
It's not for sale right now. Each Acura NSX dealership will only be getting two per year. The intent is to keep the NSX to draw new customers into the dealership. The next big event will be the NSX Sport Hybrid System showing up in the MDX latter this year.

Maxx Mazda
09-15-2016, 06:10 PM
Draw new customers into the dealership??

Anyone who is actually interested in the NSX will want to buy one, but it's not for sale? How likely is it you'll get an Asian family of 6 through the front door to look at the NSX, and then buy a CRV while they're at it?

Sounds more like a tactic to drive the prices up through the roof...

Forgive me for being cynical, but it's an Acura FFS, not a Pagani...

Darkane
09-15-2016, 06:19 PM

It's not for sale right now. Each Acura NSX dealership will only be getting two per year. The intent is to keep the NSX to draw new customers into the dealership. The next big event will be the NSX Sport Hybrid System showing up in the MDX latter this year.

I hope you mean the RLX sport hybrid system showing up.

Canmorite
09-15-2016, 08:33 PM
I've never felt so much 'meh' towards a new sportscar. Seems too little, too late. I'd buy a NSX-R over this if I wanted an NSX.

Calgarian
09-16-2016, 07:31 AM

I hope you mean the RLX sport hybrid system showing up.
The 2017 MDX will be the first mass market application of the sport hybrid system. I suspect we will also see it in the next generation TLX.

Chester
09-16-2016, 09:09 AM
Saw a red one in Beddington on Monday, looked amazing:hitit:

Darkane
09-16-2016, 05:42 PM

The 2017 MDX will be the first mass market application of the sport hybrid system. I suspect we will also see it in the next generation TLX.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/reviews/a6280/2014-acura-rlx-coolest-awd/

??

rage2
09-16-2016, 07:54 PM
The RLX is a completely different system than the NSX and new MDX. The MDX literally took the NSX system and rotated it to fit a front engine layout. It is odd that of all cars to get the NSX system it's the MDX.

Darkane
09-16-2016, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by rage2
The RLX is a completely different system than the NSX and new MDX. The MDX literally took the NSX system and rotated it to fit a front engine layout. It is odd that of all cars to get the NSX system it's the MDX.

Maybe I'm missing it, but the rlx is not completely different. In fact, it was the test bed for the (then) NSX with the NA V6.

It has the dual clutch 7 (same as mdx), and three motors. One in the transaxle and the others at the rear wheels for torque vectoring. Same as NSX except reverse. 377 total hp.

The mdx is a toned down version because of less engine. But the electric system is almost the same.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Xtrema
09-17-2016, 06:39 AM

Maybe I'm missing it, but the rlx is not completely different. In fact, it was the test bed for the (then) NSX with the NA V6.

It has the dual clutch 7 (same as mdx), and three motors. One in the transaxle and the others at the rear wheels for torque vectoring. Same as NSX except reverse. 377 total hp.

The mdx is a toned down version because of less engine. But the electric system is almost the same.

http://www.beyond.ca/honda-sport-hybrid-super-handling-awd/19686.html

I think marketing is forcing people to say the system is from NSX. But it really debut on RLX. Tuned for NSX. And MDX will have a direct copy the RLX drive train which we expected all along.

Now if you go back to how Calgarian said it, he quantified it with "mass market", so I think he consider both RLX and NSX not mass market.

This still doesn't get Acura anywhere close to others in the field on electric offering tho.

Darkane
09-17-2016, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

I think marketing is forcing people to say the system is from NSX. But it really debut on RLX. Tuned for NSX. And MDX will have a direct copy the RLX drive train which we expected all along.

Now if you go back to how Calgarian said it, he quantified it with "mass market", so I think he consider both RLX and NSX not mass market.

This still doesn't get Acura anywhere close to others in the field on electric offering tho.

You bet. I saw how he said it, but he picked a car enthusiast forum to drop the mass market card. The GT350R is the first mass market car with carbon wheels. 500 globally produced.

Rlx and NSX sell more yearly.

xnvy
09-17-2016, 12:22 PM
^I hear nobody wants to touch the wheels on your car?

I feel like the NSX came out 3 years too late. Not to mention I don't see how it could possible live up to all the hype or the amazing reputation of the original. Looks pretty nice though.

Maxt
09-17-2016, 01:15 PM
It's good that its in the showrooms so you can see it, look at it, decide on it. It also shows that the dealer can get one. Not like Dodge with the Viper, no dealer has a present year in stock and you have to show the saleman a picture of one to remind them that they actually make the car.

Darkane
09-17-2016, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by xnvy
^I hear nobody wants to touch the wheels on your car?

I feel like the NSX came out 3 years too late. Not to mention I don't see how it could possible live up to all the hype or the amazing reputation of the original. Looks pretty nice though.

Mine's not an R unfortunately.

My stock wheels are just run of the mill aluminum. Way to heavy lol.

max_boost
09-17-2016, 04:29 PM
i'm sure this car is catered to people with money to blow right? not the budget ballers who need a payment plan :rofl:

Buster
09-17-2016, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
i'm sure this car is catered to people with money to blow right? not the budget ballers who need a payment plan :rofl:

Plenty of exotics are financed. It's better for tax usually.

Calgarian
09-17-2016, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Xtrema

This still doesn't get Acura anywhere close to others in the field on electric offering tho. [/QUOTE
Correct

Calgarian
09-18-2016, 07:58 AM
Both the RLX and NSX use the sport hybrid system but are both available in very limited numbers. Payback of this high tech system will only happen once it rolls out into mass produced vehicles like the MDX and potentially the TLX.
Like the Acura all manufacturers will ultimately have to roll hightech items like carbon fiber rims on the Mustang down to mass produced products in order to justify the initial investment. This is great news for most of us who have no plans on buying an exotic vehicle any time soon.

Neil4Speed
09-18-2016, 11:13 AM

This is exactly how the Acura rep explained it to me at the Car show. He said by that token, the RLX hybrid is actually pretty good value.

speedracer
09-20-2016, 02:37 PM
The NSX won't be that rare. The real question is if anyone in Canada qualifies for the NSX GT3 when Honda/ACURA releases it next year.

http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2016/03/Acura-NSX-GT3-Race-Car-with-NSX-production-car.jpg

For racing only :nut: