PDA

View Full Version : Win Tickets To Calgary Home & Design Show

TimLacroix
09-22-2016, 09:20 AM
WIN 2 TICKETS to the Calgary Home and Design Show this Thursday, September 22 - Sunday, September 25 at the BMO Centre.

Get expert advice on everything from landscaping, remodelling, home improvement & interior design to small DIY projects!

Reply to this thread by answering the question
'What is your biggest home project this fall?" for your chance to win.

Winners will be announced by 4pm September 22nd.

quick_scar
09-22-2016, 10:05 AM
Finished a bunch of projects over the summer, but the biggest one still to do is baseboards and transitions.

Still on the fence about a minor kitchen reno with painting of cupboards vs replacing them.

01RedDX
09-22-2016, 10:28 AM

TimLacroix
09-22-2016, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by quick_scar
Finished a bunch of projects over the summer, but the biggest one still to do is baseboards and transitions.

Still on the fence about a minor kitchen reno with painting of cupboards vs replacing them.

Busy summer... nice. We did our full kitchen last year... and love it. Thank you for commenting and good luck.

TimLacroix
09-22-2016, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Drywalling the garage, finally.

Nice... it makes a difference for sure. We added a gas heater in ours too... pretty sweet. LOL

Thank you for commenting and good luck.

jwslam
09-22-2016, 10:44 AM
Can I win again? :D

Need to put some more organization into my garage; it's already drywalled and now I just gotta find all the studs to mount things on :banghead:

ee2k
09-22-2016, 11:21 AM
Finished renos last year. DIY projects to furnish including TV stand, bar, lamps and storage. And more decoration. It's the icing portion of a home project!!

secol
09-22-2016, 11:26 AM
updating the bathroom. new sink, tub and tiles

TimLacroix
09-22-2016, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by jwslam
Can I win again? :D

Need to put some more organization into my garage; it's already drywalled and now I just gotta find all the studs to mount things on :banghead:

Jason is this you? LOL :)

RX_EVOLV
09-22-2016, 11:36 AM
Two projects this fall

1) I have a finished basement that needs updating. It's all clear out now so this fall I'm going to (DIY) replace the old carpets with laminates (don't know how to do the stairs yet), re-paint all the walls, and build a little wine cellar in the back room. If all goes well then I can start on updating the bathroom in the winter.

2) Build a custom shelves for all my whiskies. My current shelves only hold ~25% of my collection and I need ~4X more space. Either in the basement or kitchen.

TimLacroix
09-22-2016, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by RX_EVOLV
Two projects this fall

1) I have a finished basement that needs updating. It's all clear out now so this fall I'm going to (DIY) replace the old carpets with laminates (don't know how to do the stairs yet), re-paint all the walls, and build a little wine cellar in the back room. If all goes well then I can start on updating the bathroom in the winter.

2) Build a custom shelves for all my whiskies. My current shelves only hold ~25% of my collection and I need ~4X more space. Either in the basement or kitchen.

Hmmm... sounds pretty cool. Wine cellar, shelves for whisky?

TimLacroix
09-22-2016, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by ee2k
Finished renos last year. DIY projects to furnish including TV stand, bar, lamps and storage. And more decoration. It's the icing portion of a home project!!

Sometimes I think this is the hard part... the finishings.

Poochie
09-22-2016, 12:55 PM
Complete re-do of our main bathroom. Should be interesting as it's the only shower in the house...

Cheers,
Ken

TimLacroix
09-22-2016, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Poochie
Complete re-do of our main bathroom. Should be interesting as it's the only shower in the house...

Cheers,
Ken

Yes that would be interesting... we did the same last year and happy we did.

Thank you and good luck.

TimLacroix
09-22-2016, 06:34 PM
Hi Poochie - you've been chosen as one of the lucky winners for 2 Tickets to the Home Show.

Call or text me at 403-648-1541 to arrange for pick up. Congratulations!

jeffh
09-22-2016, 09:11 PM
Planning to remove the ugly wire shelving in my big walk-in pantry. Going to replace it with custom mdf shelving that will wrap right around my upright deep freeze. Should greatly increase storage space and give it a clean, nice built-in look.

TimLacroix
09-22-2016, 09:14 PM
Thank you for everyone who has commented. CONGRATULATIONS to the following winners of a pair of tickets:

quick_scar
Poochie
ee2k

Please reach out to me via text or phone at 403-648-1541 to arrange ticket pickup.

Congrats everyone... and thank you for playing.

jeffh
09-22-2016, 09:44 PM
Shoulda read the fine print. Thanks anyways, tim.

TimLacroix
09-22-2016, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by jeffh
Shoulda read the fine print. Thanks anyways, tim.

Thanks for participating jeffh... will have more giveaways. :)

TimLacroix
09-23-2016, 02:08 PM
TGIF Beyonder's...

Met the winners of the Home Show Tickets today. Great to meet everyone and hope that your visit to the Home Show is filled with great ideas for your home renovations!

Have a great weekend everyone!