PDA

View Full Version : Quarry

n1zm0
09-22-2016, 01:33 PM
Gave it a shot the other night, never heard of the 'Cineplex' channel before but initially it was supposed to be picked up by HBO, both of these channels are owned by the same company though (Time Warner).

After just finishing the 'The Night Of' series, this show fills the void decently, bringing the viewer into that gritty visual realm of being immersed into a story of struggle.

Storyline spoilers aside, the amount of detail put into making this period focused show has been one of the best I've seen yet (ex: in Narcos I still see some early 2ks cars in the back ground shots occasionally, nothing like that in this show). Early 70's Memphis, the American South, accurate issues like segregation, the Vietnam War. Its bloody and gory when it needs to be, has really strong character personalities and the plot line plays along fairly quick.

The first episode is a full hour minus commercials, it was like watching an entire movie, a movie I enjoyed. I think it's only a one season run.

loJxKTCkoTY

'Quarry' is the story of Mac Conway, a Marine who returns home to Memphis from Vietnam in 1972 and finds himself shunned by those he loves and demonized by the public. As he struggles to cope with his experiences at war, Conway is drawn into a network of killing and corruption that spans the length of the Mississippi River