PDA

View Full Version : Garage door opens by itself

sxtasy
09-26-2016, 08:54 PM
Anyone else have this happen? I was just taking the garbage out and seen this happen. How to fix this? It's not the first time either.

shakalaka
09-26-2016, 09:10 PM
Have you noticed if any of your neighbours were opening their's at the same time?

Sometimes the frequencies can match if it's a similar kind of system. Try resetting your system and see if it happens again.

RealJimmyJames
09-26-2016, 09:20 PM
Yes, choose different frequency for your opener. Builder probably put same opener with same default factory settings in hundred of houses near you.

AndyL
09-26-2016, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by RealJimmyJames
Yes, choose different frequency for your opener. Builder probably put same opener with same default factory settings in hundred of houses near you.

Hasnt had a option since the 80s - for a code... Frequency is not something FCC or industry Canada let's you choose.

Short in wiring - mice are moving in for the winter, more recently some.ancient openers (like 84-87 vintage Chamberlain with a yellow or was it green antenna wire - pre photo eyes) started disliking the new myq openers and could open...

ExtraSlow
09-27-2016, 10:33 AM
Weird, my place was built in the 2000's, and I can and have changed the code.

rage2
09-27-2016, 11:14 AM
Like everyone said, shared frequency went away with rotary phones so you can pretty much rule that out.

Watch when you close the door. Maybe you're not noticing that it's not closing properly. Debris in the rails, dirty sensors, so many reasons why it could close half way think there's a problem and reopen.

shakalaka
09-27-2016, 11:14 AM
Let's not rule out paranormal activity. :dunno:

G-ZUS
09-27-2016, 11:30 AM
Yesterday I was working on 1 side of the garage and the light on the other door lit up for some reason :S