PDA

View Full Version : Go Fund Me for a single mom in need

spike98
10-07-2016, 09:29 AM
Hey guys - Typically i am the one that scoff's at these Go Fund Me pages. More often then not, they are some clown looking to finish his sleeve or some broad looking to raise $20k for her dog that broke his leg.

That was until recently...

A very close family friend of mine had her boy get hit by a car. The little guy was walking in a crosswalk, when a lady blew through it and hit him.

He is alive, thank god, but has a long road to recovery. After suffering from a fractured skull and fractured spine among other injuries, he is now out for 6 months minimum.

This means momma is out for 6 months! A already struggling single parents (the dads a deadbeat) trying to go to school has left her in a position where she was just barely making ends meet while providing for her two boys. Now she cannot work until her son is recovered.

She and her boys are truly great people and would do anything for anyone so i am hoping she has some good Karma coming for once. If anyone can donate even a little, I am sure she would appreciate it. If not, thank you for taking a look and hopefully passing it on.

https://www.gofundme.com/2sbzwxgm

Mitsu3000gt
10-07-2016, 10:24 AM
Glad to hear he's OK.

Out of curiosity, does she have family/friends/parents/grandparents that can help look after her boy during this difficult time so she can keep her job?

CUG
10-07-2016, 10:40 AM
Done. Hope things smooth out for them.

spike98
10-07-2016, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Glad to hear he's OK.

Out of curiosity, does she have family/friends/parents/grandparents that can help look after her boy during this difficult time so she can keep her job?

Not really. I dont want to get too personal but her family support is very very very limited. That and the little guy has diabetes which was a struggle to manage before the accident. Its a lot harder now.

rage2
10-07-2016, 10:44 AM
Curious if any lawyers looked into this? She should be able to get a sizable settlement from the driver to help her take care of the kids. Or was the driver uninsured or deemed not at fault?

I'm sure a few beyonder lawyers can donate some time to help there.

spike98
10-07-2016, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Curious if any lawyers looked into this? She should be able to get a sizable settlement from the driver to help her take care of the kids. Or was the driver uninsured or deemed not at fault?

I'm sure a few beyonder lawyers can donate some time to help there.

I referred her to a lawyer local to her (she lives in medicine hat) that i have dealt with in the past and is pretty good. She has a strong case but these things usually take a while to resolve.

Due to the MHPS being a bunch of clowns, there was no charges pressed for running the stop sign contrary to numerous eye witness's stating that the kid was in the cross walk and the lady blew the sign. This makes it a civil matter for her and her lawyer and the insurance company not wanting to pay a dime unless they are ordered too.

They started the process of her receiving section B benefits but that is only for medical expenses like physio, alterations to the home, ect. It helps for sure but doesn't include living expenses ect.

BerserkerCatSplat
10-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by spike98

She has a strong case but these things usually take a while to resolve.

Yeah, unfortunately personal injury insurance cases can take an absurd amount of time to resolve. I know of one dispute involving just a broken ankle that's been going on for eight years. It hasn't even made it to trial yet.

spike98
10-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Yeah, unfortunately personal injury insurance cases can take an absurd amount of time to resolve. I know of one dispute involving just a broken ankle that's been going on for eight years. It hasn't even made it to trial yet.

Thats what the lawyer told her....at LEAST 2 years, likely more given there was no official charges.

ercchry
10-07-2016, 12:06 PM
Don't want to file till the kid has recovered, or right before two years is up. It sucks, the system supports the wealthy for sure. It should be pretty easy to recover any costs with the lawsuit... but first you need to have enough cash to survive till then, not to mention the cost of professional witnesses and everything else involved

Kobe
10-07-2016, 12:11 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/c28a6a2e441b943c687be86fc0c2e0f4.png

Goodluck!

spike98
10-07-2016, 12:12 PM
Thanks so far guys! For the cash as well as the advice.

Here is a local article of the incident and some background for those interested.

http://chattelevision.ca/__news/go-fund-me-page-created-for-family-of-boy-hit-by-vehicle/

Kobe
10-07-2016, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by spike98
Thanks so far guys! For the cash as well as the advice.

Here is a local article of the incident and some background for those interested.

http://chattelevision.ca/__news/go-fund-me-page-created-for-family-of-boy-hit-by-vehicle/

Just read it brings back a memory from my childhood.

Was in like grade 4 or 5? and remember we were crossing the street and one of my friends got hit by a car, I still remember to this day how the driver stopped for around 10 seconds and then when my friend ended up getting up he started to speed off. We never did catch the driver and thankfully Dan wasn't injuried, however he ended up passing away earlier this year.

It can happen so quickly hope it's a quick recovery for the kid!

spike98
10-09-2016, 04:33 PM
Thanks a ton for the donations guys! Beyond has always stepped up for things like this.

JordanEG6
10-17-2016, 09:53 AM
Done. I am also a victim of this type of accident that happened when I was a kid as well, so it's hits a bit close to home for me. Hoping for a speedy recovery for the kid, and best of luck to the family.