PDA

View Full Version : California legalizes recreational marijuana

C_Dave45
11-09-2016, 11:08 AM
With everyone's attention on what was going on federally, this little tidbit slipped by almost unnoticed:

California among 3 More States legalizing recreational pot (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/09/us/politics/marijuana-legalization.html).

Our annual trips to San Diego and Vegas will be even MORE enjoyable now!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Canada is slipping!

G-ZUS
11-09-2016, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
With everyone's attention on what was going on federally, this little tidbit slipped by almost unnoticed:

California among 3 More States legalizing recreational pot ("http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/09/us/politics/marijuana-legalization.html").

Our annual trips to San Diego and Vegas will be even MORE enjoyable now!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Canada is slipping!

:love: :clap:

ercchry
11-09-2016, 11:30 AM
5min appointment and you can be fully legal (even at the federal level!) in Canada :dunno:

Edit: wasn't the prop in cali actually really shitty? Basically going to be a monopoly for a select few?

C_Dave45
11-09-2016, 11:31 AM
God....can you imagine the sales and subsequent tax revenue, just from California alone?

Colorado is doing a BILLION dollars a year in sales, with around $150,000,000 in tax revenue annually. And that's just with a population of 5 million!!

8 times that in California!!! :eek: :clap: :drool:

C_Dave45
11-09-2016, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
5min appointment and you can be fully legal (even at the federal level!) in Canada :dunno: Probably never will affect me either way. Can't be bothered to worry about being legal here at home. My habits won't change one bit, whatever it's status is here.

But it was kinda hard to enjoy a Cirque Show in Vegas without some major drug-dealer searching and risk! :rofl:

ercchry
11-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Its worth it here... get on with a producer that does $160/oz (after tax and shipping) then sign up for a dispensary for all the fun stuff! Comes right to your door :rofl:

lasimmon
11-09-2016, 11:52 AM
I might be the only person who has no interest in weed being legal.

C_Dave45
11-09-2016, 12:02 PM
Its worth it here... get on with a producer that does $160/oz (after tax and shipping) then sign up for a dispensary for all the fun stuff! Comes right to your door :rofl:
That part IS really hard to ignore!!! lol. <$6/gm?!! That is a great price!!

Originally posted by lasimmon
I might be the only person who has no interest in weed being legal.
Hurts your sales? :rofl:

ercchry
11-09-2016, 12:40 PM

That part IS really hard to ignore!!! lol. &lt;$6/gm?!! That is a great price!!

$5 regardless of strain or potency plus shipping and gst, it's a flat $10 shipping charge from those guys. But what's also nice is you can mix and match. 5g minimums per strain

That's bedrocan (public site says $6.25/g for some reason though)

Aurora is a favourite on here, that's $8, and free shipping over 10g crazy fast service though. Placed an order at midnight and it showed up at 5pm that day.

But yeah I'd highly recommend getting legal. Doesn't cost anything either. Appointment is covered by ab health

sputnik
11-09-2016, 12:44 PM
Canada is slipping!

Slipping? Wake me when it is legal federally in the US.

Canada is still slated to legalize it across the country this spring.

suntan
11-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Also prop 60 voted down.

Or is that up?

Seth1968
11-09-2016, 12:53 PM
Legalizing pot is a start, but no where close to real freedom (Democracy).

Ditto for assisted suicide.

LadyLuck
11-09-2016, 12:57 PM

I wouldn't get excited just yet, if its anything like the prostitution law, pot won't be legalized in Vegas.

C_Dave45
11-09-2016, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

I'm not holding my breath. Trump has also stated he would like to legalize pot on a federal level.
Until then...there are over 50 million Americans who can legally enjoy recreational weed. Canada: 0

max_boost
11-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Excellent news!

Seth1968
11-09-2016, 01:34 PM

I'm not holding my breath. Trump has also stated he would like to legalize pot on a federal level.

I was skeptical on that, but found this:

In 1990, the Sarasota Herald-Tribune has Donald Trump on record claiming US drug enforcement is ‘a joke’ and all drugs should be legalized to ‘take the profit away from these drug czars.’ According to Trump, tax revenues from a legalized drug trade will be used to educate the public on the dangers of drugs.

https://www.merryjane.com/news/want-marijuana-legalized-then-donald-trump-is-your-best-option

I don't even...but :thumbsup:

msommers
11-09-2016, 01:37 PM

That's great news. Where did you hear that?

suntan
11-09-2016, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Seth1968

I was skeptical on that, but found this:

https://www.merryjane.com/news/want-marijuana-legalized-then-donald-trump-is-your-best-option

I don't even...but :thumbsup: Guy was high as a kite during the debate where he was sniffling his nose.

Seth1968
11-09-2016, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by msommers

That's great news. Where did you hear that?

Oh fuck. Zing.

My only "drug" is alcohol and that's my fate. To condemn a person from choosing their own fate is slavery.

sabad66
11-09-2016, 02:15 PM
If you make it to Vegas before it's recreationally legal there's a better way to smoke without having to find a sketchy dealer on the strip that probably has shitty stuff

1. Go to the getting legal office in vegas https://gettinglegal.com you can walk in or book an appt
2. Fill in the form, bring your passport as ID. They accept a lot of different conditions including insomnia
3. Pay $100 usd fee, you will have a medical certificate good for 1 year in both Nevada and California
4. Go to the dispensary right on the strip. They even give you 30% off your first order
5. Walk out with your stuff and enjoy. Ideally you will have a balcony room at the cosmo :D

blairtruck
11-09-2016, 03:57 PM
reviews of bedrocan are terrible. im with aurora but @8$/gram i just use the dispensary mostly. and puff flowers hardly ever/ Concentrates are where its at. why smoke 20% thc buds when i can hit 80% thc shatter

ercchry
11-09-2016, 04:01 PM
So far I have been happy with them. Everything in stock too... cured well but it is a little dry

ZenOps
11-09-2016, 04:04 PM
Unofficial price target for Canadian legal weed is $8.41 per gram.

Which is crazy to me considering the stuff grows like dandelions everywhere in mexico.

blairtruck
11-09-2016, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
Unofficial price target for Canadian legal weed is $8.41 per gram.

Which is crazy to me considering the stuff grows like dandelions everywhere in mexico.
yeah i read that online seems crazy high for the amount they will be pumping out once legal.
i just grabbed an ounce cherry kush online for $160 shipped. $5.71/gram

Xtrema
11-09-2016, 08:12 PM

I don't think so since it's been so quiet on all front so far and spring is really only 5 months away.

I think enforcement is still an issue as their is no sure fire legal way to prove working or driving under influence. It's not like alcohol where there is an accepted standard.

Also, Canada has to withdraw from international treaties. That may be a tough one.

BigMass
11-09-2016, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

I don't think so since it's been so quiet on all front so far and spring is really only 5 months away.

I think enforcement is still an issue as their is no sure fire legal way to prove working or driving under influence. It's not like alcohol where there is an accepted standard.

Also, Canada has to withdraw from international treaties. That may be a tough one.

I think it's a lot easier for the US to do it state by state due to their republic than it is for Canada to do it nationally for the reasons you gave.

ZenOps
11-10-2016, 08:05 AM
Someday I might write a paper on coastal living and landlocked living.

Seriously, people on the coastlines are far more liberal and easygoing. I think it has something to do with the illusory effect of ocean waves on the human mind and vision. Constant motion like that 24/7 has a calming effect and given enough time will train the brain to be completely different from someone landlocked.

People landlocked tend to strive to achieve that motion by artificial means (fast car sales, pumped up trucks). Rigid static rocks creates rigid static thinking, unwilling to accept change.

Really the US should be broken up into west coast, east coast, paranoid central, and batshit crazy Texas.

tirebob
11-10-2016, 10:30 AM

I never understand this argument...

It doesn't matter if it is legal or not. Driving under the influence of anything that affects your ability is illegal anyways. Heck, even driving too tired can be considered illegal. Is there a specific test for that? Is there a roadside test for legally used prescription meds? No, of course not. Just because it is legal to smoke weed it is not all of a sudden a hazard on the road compared to now. People who already blaze and drive will probably continue to do so and those that are smart enough not to drive impaired will not just start driving under the influence will they?

How is this any different?

03ozwhip
11-10-2016, 11:24 AM
I don't care if it's legal or not just because it doesn't affect me either way. even if it's legal and I smoke it and I fuck up at work, I'm fired, even if I didn't smoke for days or so prior.

that goes for alot of people, I'd rather not chance it, I've already had a few pee tests lol

pheoxs
11-10-2016, 11:29 AM
This popped up on my facebook feed today.

http://i.imgur.com/2cZKevu.png

ercchry
11-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Testing is happening on regulating and testing for usage in the workplace and on the roadways... hopefully it aligns well with legalization, which last I heard was going to be planned to announce the strategy this spring and actually implement it in 2018

JohnnyHockey
11-11-2016, 11:53 PM
Imagine hitting all those buffets in Vegas after smoking...:drool:

TurboMedic
11-12-2016, 11:29 AM

$5 regardless of strain or potency plus shipping and gst, it's a flat $10 shipping charge from those guys. But what's also nice is you can mix and match. 5g minimums per strain

That's bedrocan (public site says $6.25/g for some reason though)

Aurora is a favourite on here, that's $8, and free shipping over 10g crazy fast service though. Placed an order at midnight and it showed up at 5pm that day.

But yeah I'd highly recommend getting legal. Doesn't cost anything either. Appointment is covered by ab health

Which producer is that??

edit: NM, couldn't read

BensonTT
11-12-2016, 01:22 PM
I haven't smoked weed since high school and have no interest in smoking it now lol..

01RedDX
11-12-2016, 01:48 PM

J-hop
11-12-2016, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
I don't care if it's legal or not just because it doesn't affect me either way. even if it's legal and I smoke it and I fuck up at work, I'm fired, even if I didn't smoke for days or so prior.

that goes for alot of people, I'd rather not chance it, I've already had a few pee tests lol

I raised the question in another thread regarding testing. By the sounds of it they will have to change to saliva tests which are only good for detecting metabolites about 24hrs after consuming.

If the above occurs and you were fired based on a pee test after the legalization that could result in a pretty nasty lawsuit against your employer. Employers will have a change the way their drug and alcohol policies are carried out.

C_Dave45
11-12-2016, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by J-hop

I raised the question in another thread regarding testing. By the sounds of it they will have to change to saliva tests which are only good for detecting metabolites about 24hrs after consuming.

If the above occurs and you were fired based on a pee test after the legalization that could result in a pretty nasty lawsuit against your employer. Employers will have a change the way their drug and alcohol policies are carried out.

I agree...I can't see Company Policies remaining like that if/once the law changes. That would the same as being tested with a BAC of .00 but because there were traces of alcohol from a week previous, you would get fired?!

ercchry
11-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Cannabix is testing right now... thc breathalyzer. After testing it will go for approval. Then hopefully a legal limit is set for driving and for workplace just like alcohol, will not only be good for society, but also for my portfolio if all goes well

JRSC00LUDE
11-15-2016, 10:08 AM

Not after the Human Rights cases get rolling! Someone's will most assuredly be tread on. :rofl:

roopi
11-15-2016, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
My first experience with buying weed online was last week. A dispensary ad popped up on fb and I thought &quot;why not&quot; - they don't even ask for a prescription. I only bought a small amount just in case; it arrived a day later via Xpresspost. Good AAA grade strain, I was impressed.

You ordered from a Canadian dispensary without a prescription?

JRSC00LUDE
11-15-2016, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by roopi

Buddy of mine has been doing that for three years.

sabad66
11-15-2016, 10:55 AM

Likely not an official LP... probably one of the "grey market" vendors. Official ones would lose their licenses pretty quick if they were selling to people without prescriptions

Here's a list of the official ones:
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/marihuana/info/list-eng.php

roopi
11-15-2016, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by sabad66

Likely not an official LP... probably one of the &quot;grey market&quot; vendors. Official ones would lose their licenses pretty quick if they were selling to people without prescriptions

Here's a list of the official ones:
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/marihuana/info/list-eng.php

This is not the list I require. :rofl:

sabad66
11-15-2016, 11:10 AM

Haha fair enough, maybe you can pm 01reddx to find what you are looking for ;)

That said it's very easy to go legit. Book an appt at naturalhealthservices.ca

Stuart
11-15-2016, 11:50 AM

Take a look at Treemo.ca, they seem to only require a picture of your ID, no prescription. I'm sure there are others as well but they are the second Canadian dispensary listed on google.

finboy
11-15-2016, 01:30 PM
Odd question, how long do you think it will be until employee benefit plans cover prescription weed under mess or Health spending account?

ercchry
11-15-2016, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by finboy
Odd question, how long do you think it will be until employee benefit plans cover prescription weed under mess or Health spending account?

Probably not too long... well if all LPs actually give itemized receipts (aurora does, bedrocan doesn't)

There was a story about a student in Ontario that got sunlife to cover his, but he seemed to really need it just to function and was a one off

sabad66
11-15-2016, 03:32 PM
Biggest blocker is lack of a DIN (drug identification number) for pot. Once health Canada issues that then I think it will start to be covered by health plans

blairtruck
11-15-2016, 06:30 PM
if you want a list of dispensaries. i have one that is like 20 business that you can order from with just your ID. same as booze. usually at your door in 3 days. PM me

Xtrema
11-15-2016, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by finboy

There are still some plans out there that doesn't cover the blue pill.

BigMass
11-15-2016, 10:43 PM

There are still some plans out there that doesn't cover the blue pill.

lmao

J-hop
11-15-2016, 11:47 PM
Stupid question but in places where it's been legalized are edibles and hash oil regulated the same or are there additional rules around other forms than smoking.

ercchry
11-16-2016, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by J-hop
Stupid question but in places where it's been legalized are edibles and hash oil regulated the same or are there additional rules around other forms than smoking.

In what regards? Places like Colorado have been dealing with potency issues with edibles, regulations I believe have to state the maximum thc level (which has been an issue since there is no minimum, from a consumer perspective) per serving and one "package" (ie. chocolate bar that is designed to be multiple servings) can only have a maximum of 100mg of thc or something to that affect to help curb people eating too much and having a baaaad time haha

For concentrates I don't think there is much around hash oil so much as there is regulations, mostly fire related to the solvent based concentrates

But all of the products are available to the same clients, flower or not. For maximum quantities I have no idea how they factor that in. For us it seems like the oil from LPs are all 1:10 ratio, so to track the daily prescription limit is easy enough

ZenOps
04-02-2017, 08:22 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-marijuana-legalization-price-1.4047530

Projected price path.

Still, if they let you grow four plants at a residence at the exact same time, it might screw up that projection.

I do kind of question the greater sanity of what seems to be a 28.8 gram stash being roughly equivalent to a ton of wheat from a commodity perspective.

But hey - its pot.