PDA

View Full Version : Detailer recommendation

dirtsniffer
11-14-2016, 11:03 PM
Long story short I need to have my door polished to take our swirls and holograms from a bad dealer body shop repair.

Any recommendations for shops who know what they're doing? No backyard detailers. Preferably in the south or near the c train. Or somewhere that's open Saturdays.

TIA

Jonathanl10
11-15-2016, 01:02 AM
Depends what your budget is... Jed from Mobile Reflections is practically the detailing god on this forum and this city. He has a shop now in the SE too but be prepared to spend big bucks. $650 for a detail and one stage polish I think. He used to charge by hour if I'm not mistaken when he traveled around. When I worked at the CJDR dealer he did a Hellcat Challenger on site. Flawless.

Multistage polishes which you probably don't need and wraps/paint coating is easily double that.

You can see his work on his website.

dirtsniffer
11-15-2016, 08:29 AM
I thought there were some comments about how he is not around anymore. Either way, not too worried about cost as I only need one door done, assuming he would take that one. Truck is only 1 year old and I have been anal about keeping the paint straight.

HiSpec
11-15-2016, 10:47 AM
Ever consider buying your own polisher? A Griot/PC polisher, few pads, few towels and correction fluids will probably run you about $350 at most. This is probably more cost effective in the long run and it'll only cost you a few hours on a Sunday afternoon.

dirtsniffer
11-15-2016, 11:10 AM
I've considered it, but I figure I would cock it up. Last thing I want is to cause irrevirsible damage due to paint. A wax is one thing, polishing seems a little intimidating.

italianstylez
11-15-2016, 12:59 PM
Mr frost mobile detailing

HiSpec
11-15-2016, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
I've considered it, but I figure I would cock it up. Last thing I want is to cause irrevirsible damage due to paint. A wax is one thing, polishing seems a little intimidating.

One would have to intentionally do something really stupid to mess up a polishing job using a DA. Especially if it's only swirls and hologram correction.

If you end up changing your mind and would like to give this a go, please check out AmmoNYC on YouTube.

Good luck!

JDC™
11-15-2016, 02:08 PM
Jed is still around, he did the work on my RS and continues to be top notch.

Mitsu3000gt
11-23-2016, 11:17 AM
I've used Detailz now several times and been very happy each time. They have always gone the extra mile as well. Way cheaper than other places and IMO same quality work.