PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Access pipeline protest heats up.

ZenOps
11-23-2016, 09:40 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/standing-rock-serious-injuries-1.3861705

Young female gets hit with concussion grenade, chance they will have to amputate arm.

Notes: If you want to protest, get Kevlar, extra padding, eye protection and welders (fireproof) clothing.

dirtsniffer
11-23-2016, 10:02 AM
police say she was near a propane tank that was rigged to explode?

Sounds fishy to me. either way, she should have not put herself in that situation

Go4Long
11-23-2016, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
police say she was near a propane tank that was rigged to explode?

Sounds fishy to me. either way, she should have not put herself in that situation

Sounds like something a lefty would do.

ickyflex
11-23-2016, 10:37 AM
Let's cross private property and not expect anything to happen... too bad

Buster
11-23-2016, 10:48 AM
It's a start.

rx7_turbo2
11-23-2016, 01:43 PM
Unless something comes out to indicate significant wrong doing on behalf of law enforcement, I don't have a whole lot of sympathy.

btimbit
11-23-2016, 01:53 PM
So eco-terrorists set up a homemade bomb and only hurt themselves? Can't say I feel bad

gwill
11-23-2016, 02:35 PM
i watched the on video where the one cop started blasting bean bags into the crowd. He unloaded into the crowd without a care in the world.

Seems pretty heavy handed if you ask me.

Go4Long
11-23-2016, 02:42 PM
Was the crowd warned to disperse? Were they warned that would use force if they didn't? From every video of this protest I've seen the answer to both of those is yes, so they don't get a whole lot of sympathy from me.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

bjstare
11-23-2016, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by gwill
i watched the on video where the one cop started blasting bean bags into the crowd. He unloaded into the crowd without a care in the world.

Seems pretty heavy handed if you ask me.

Oh get real, it's not like he was unloading bullets.

Protesters are being jackasses here. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. (edit: I didn't notice go4long wrote the exact same phrase haha)

Gestalt
11-23-2016, 05:41 PM
It's interesting that the Obama administration put a stop to the work, but it's not legally binding, and they are just trying to forge ahead.

Sad tactics there for sure, for what is a non violent protest. I saw even the Hulk was there, and the actor from divergent was arrested and strip searched for fun and humiliation.

Americans take their rights seriously, and the protesters are being joined by Veterans, and the UN is sending human rights observers.

The virtual media blackout I think is why this is still going on, or it would have been shut down a long time ago. The power of oil companies is truly frightening.

ExtraSlow
11-23-2016, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Gestalt
The virtual media blackout I think is why this is still going on, or it would have been shut down a long time ago. The power of oil companies is truly frightening.
Like the virtual media blackout on how well Trump was doing in the Presidential Election?

Go4Long
11-23-2016, 07:28 PM
Realistically the only difference if it was getting more media attention is that more people would know what was actually going on and less people would give a shit about the bullshit being posted by the people in favour of the protesters.

gwill
11-23-2016, 07:45 PM
the video i saw showed 1 protestor putting up some protection from the water cannon... the police officer then unloads his shot gun on the one guy.

In this video no one was in danger... to me it seemed excessive with intent to injure.

If the govts okay with this id have to question why all protests arent met with the same reaction. Why wasnt the white militia with guns who took over the govt building in oregon not met with similar protest tactics? They got left alone for months costing the state millions to stand by and do nothing. Throw oil into the mix and now the govt will stop at nothing to end a protest??

Heck the one protestor may now be an amputee thanks to being shot from the police.

Ah well.. its in america who cares.. that will never happen here so why bother caring.

rx7_turbo2
11-23-2016, 08:03 PM
Heck the one protestor may now be an amputee thanks to being shot from the police.

Source? Everything I've read has stated there's some discrepancy as to what caused the injury. Did you find a source that gives a definitive cause, or perhaps a video that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt?

AndyL
11-23-2016, 08:08 PM
They're disputing a pipeline along an existing 30yr old pipeline route that hasn't caused them any harm.

This is NIMBYism and professional protestors... With the token native story thrown in all over again (it's worked well in BC). This has nothing to do with real fears about pipelines, about native rights, waterways or anything else. This is the anti-pipeline SJW rhetoric.

Gestalt
11-23-2016, 09:05 PM
the video i saw showed 1 protestor putting up some protection from the water cannon... the police officer then unloads his shot gun on the one guy.

In this video no one was in danger... to me it seemed excessive with intent to injure.

If the govts okay with this id have to question why all protests arent met with the same reaction. Why wasnt the white militia with guns who took over the govt building in oregon not met with similar protest tactics? They got left alone for months costing the state millions to stand by and do nothing. Throw oil into the mix and now the govt will stop at nothing to end a protest??

Ah well.. its in america who cares.. that will never happen here so why bother caring.

I forgot about this gun toting crazy white guys taking over that office or what ever it was.

Weren't they found not guilty?

nismodrifter
11-23-2016, 10:25 PM
Links to these crazy bean bag videos/shot gun videos?

btimbit
11-23-2016, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by AndyL
They're disputing a pipeline along an existing 30yr old pipeline route that hasn't caused them any harm.

This is NIMBYism and professional protestors... With the token native story thrown in all over again (it's worked well in BC). This has nothing to do with real fears about pipelines, about native rights, waterways or anything else. This is the anti-pipeline SJW rhetoric.

Yup. Add in the fact that it doesn't even actually cross that reserve OR their burial grounds and you get a better idea of the nonsense this has become.

gwill
11-24-2016, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Source? Everything I've read has stated there's some discrepancy as to what caused the injury. Did you find a source that gives a definitive cause, or perhaps a video that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt?

I read it was from a percussion grenade.. and the police disputed that. From the videos out there they shoot indiscriminately into the crowds at full blast yet want to dispute a claim saying they didn't shoot the percussion grenade. A bit convenient no?

I forgot about this gun toting crazy white guys taking over that office or what ever it was.

Weren't they found not guilty?

Yep. They held a town hostage. Cost the state millions in added police enforcement. Walked around threatening police with their guns and made demands.... yet the police stood back and did nothing for months. They didn't blast them with water cannons, sound cannons or their shot guns. Most were released and found not guilty of taking over a town.. LOL how does that happen?

Originally posted by nismodrifter
Links to these crazy bean bag videos/shot gun videos?

I just tried to check for where i saw it.. i saw a CBC link on facebook that isn't on their website.. ill spend some time later to try and find it.

Gestalt
11-24-2016, 02:08 AM

I read it was from a percussion grenade.. and the police disputed that. From the videos out there they shoot indiscriminately into the crowds at full blast yet want to dispute a claim saying they didn't shoot the percussion grenade. A bit convenient no?

Yep. They held a town hostage. Cost the state millions in added police enforcement. Walked around threatening police with their guns and made demands.... yet the police stood back and did nothing for months. They didn't blast them with water cannons, sound cannons or their shot guns. Most were released and found not guilty of taking over a town.. LOL how does that happen?

I just tried to check for where i saw it.. i saw a CBC link on facebook that isn't on their website.. ill spend some time later to try and find it.

2 explanations i think
They were only inconveniencing people, not profit driven big business

or

racism

rx7_turbo2
11-24-2016, 04:32 PM
This isn't the first time you've done this. You state something as fact when it's anything but, then you back track with a statement admitting it isn't a fact, you knew it wasn't a fact when you posted it, but, but, but it might as well be because law enforcement can't be trusted.

gwill
11-24-2016, 05:39 PM
the girl got her arm blown off by the police. Sorry you doubt that... just because the police make a counter claim to all the witnesses doesnt mean it didnt happen.

Its quite disturbing. Their tactics are barbaric and inhumane and thats not just me saying that. There are lots of human rights observers there from multiple countries there.

Go4Long
11-24-2016, 05:45 PM
Just an honest question...has there ever been a case where "human rights observers from multiple countries" have been at a protest and said the police were not in the wrong?

rx7_turbo2
11-24-2016, 05:59 PM
the girl got her arm blown off by the police. Sorry you doubt that... just because the police make a counter claim to all the witnesses doesnt mean it didnt happen.

Its quite disturbing. Their tactics are barbaric and inhumane and thats not just me saying that. There are lots of human rights observers there from multiple countries there.

Did I say it didn't happen? No. I stated that as of right now there seems to be 2 conflicting stories so neither story can be taken as fact. YOU'RE the one claiming you know definitively what happened, I simply asked for the sources you've found that have helped you come to your definitive conclusion. You provided none.

Now you're claiming "lots" of human rights observers from multiple countries are saying, as you are, that law enforcement's tactics are barbaric and inhumane. Do have sources to support this claim? I've read that UN observers are there to investigate allegations but have any released official statements?

Gestalt
11-25-2016, 09:21 AM
This is very interesting. The Veterans headed to support standing rock are headed by Wes Clark Jr. Son of the Wesley Clarke.

I wonder if the cops will have the balls to mistreat these Veterans, especially high profile ones.

btimbit
11-25-2016, 11:40 PM
The same Wesley Clark that tried to start world war 3 in Kosovo? Yeah I actually wouldn't mind seeing his son get tased or something. Especially since his being there is nothing but a political move

schurchill39
11-26-2016, 08:31 AM

By town do you mean a building? We are talking about the Malheur Wildlife Refugee building near Burns, Oregon right?
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/04/us/oregon-wildlife-refuge-protest/

Gestalt
11-26-2016, 10:59 AM
Interesting. just saw a newd feed of a sherrif of a department nearby pull his officers, and refuse to participate. CIting public outcry.

rx7_turbo2
11-26-2016, 11:10 AM
Interesting. just saw a newd feed of a sherrif
That explains why I can't find any of these clips, I've been googling the wrong thing. "Sherrif Newds" will get me what I'm looking for?

Gestalt
11-26-2016, 11:25 AM
Not sure if this is what I saw, but a search yielded this,

http://www.yesmagazine.org/people-power/sheriffs-refuse-to-send-troops-to-standing-rock-as-public-outrage-and-costs-mount-20161123

Buster
11-26-2016, 12:00 PM
They can't, at this point, let the protesters win. The US is already on knife-edge, and allowing mob rule to determine public policy is a very bad idea.

These people need to just go home.

killramos
11-26-2016, 12:17 PM
What I find interesting is those in this thread who genuinely don't see the difference between using water cannons and rubber bullets on a group of rioting protestors. And why the police chose not to take pot shots at an armed militia occupying a building in a very different situation.

Both bad fucking situations for sure but with VERY different outcomes if action is taken.

You really think the only difference is the colour of the protestors skins? That they are only taking action because it's an oil pipeline? Give your head a shake.

Gestalt
11-26-2016, 12:49 PM
You suggesting that if the protesters were armed, this would not have escalated? :rofl:

rx7_turbo2
11-26-2016, 12:54 PM
You suggesting that if the protesters were armed, this would not have escalated? :rofl:
You mean suggesting law enforcement alters their response based on the various threats different protesters may present. I know, totally crazy concept. :rolleyes:

killramos
11-26-2016, 12:57 PM
I am suggesting that it changes things. And you would be a fool to suggest otherwise.

If the protestors were armed and rioting as they have been and things did indeed escalate? Well the bullets wouldn't be made of rubber. That is a very different line in the sand to cross and yes it fucking changes the course of action of law enforcement.

But yea, this is totally apples to apples. Great analogy.

gwill
11-26-2016, 03:00 PM
but the police did nothing to the armed white militia yet your suggesting if the natives had been armed the bullets wouldnt be made of rubber. What am i missing here..

I agree with buster that they cant let the protestors "win" but that doesnt mean the tactics they are using are okay.

The Protestors are apparently going to be removed by dec 5th.

HiTempguy1
11-26-2016, 03:01 PM

The Protestors are apparently going to be removed by dec 5th.

:thumbsup:

About time.

killramos
11-26-2016, 03:30 PM
What am i missing here...

Umm the entire point, that the fact that whether a group is heavily armed affects the decision making of the police in deciding whether or not to intervene. That human lives on both sides are at risk in the event of intervention. It's really simple. Of course you only decided to glom into my lesser comment that police do not use rubber bullets and water cannons against militias with guns :rolleyes:

I get that you are REALLLY trying to make this a racially motivated response by the police. It just isn't. It's just a different situation with very different mitigating factors involved that has led to a different measured response.

The reality is you are the most racially motivated person in the thread, just like you jump into any other thread on this website that refers to natives. You also only care about one side of the story that fits your narrative. You wouldn't give two fucks if the protestors were a bunch of white farmers who didn't want a pipeline near their land.

Glad to hear they are all being removed and these imbeciles can stop getting even one more second of media spotlight. :thumbsup:

gwill
11-26-2016, 04:09 PM
pointing out that i dont agree with the tactics is not because of race. Interesting your trying to spin that.. I even posted saying the govt cant let the protestors "win" yet im somehow defending the protestors. Catch that one word? They CANT let them win..

Ive taken many stands opposite of others here when it comes to rights and people being shot or murdered. A lot of times their black.. i guess you blame that on me being racially motivated??

You can spin this any way you want but the fact is the protestors did not interfere with the publics safety. Things got escalated and the police decided to respond in ways many dont agree with. Why didnt the police push the white armed militia like they did with the dakota protest? The protests are similar yet they were treated completely different.

The protests in dakota can be a precursor to what could happen in BC/Canada. While i support the right to protest the pipelines need to get built...enough of the stupid delays, environmental reviews, and protests by native groups along the route.

rx7_turbo2
11-26-2016, 04:17 PM
Why didnt the police push the white armed militia like they did with the dakota protest?
Because the militia was armed. Is that not obvious? This doesn't seem that tough to grasp. Law enforcement uses different tactics depending on the threat a given group may represent.

HiTempguy1
11-26-2016, 04:20 PM
i guess you blame that on me being racially motivated??

Cause you always post in regards to the racist whities getting shot up in the USA eh? :rolleyes:

gwill
11-26-2016, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Because the militia was armed. Is that not obvious? This doesn't seem that tough to grasp. Law enforcement uses different tactics depending on the threat a given group may represent.

I get the difference in police response but as killramos mentioned if the natives were armed the police bullets wouldnt have been made of rubber...

So is the solution to arm yourself when protesting because then your not interferred with? Ridiculous i know.. but so are the tactics the police have used.

Buster
11-26-2016, 07:03 PM
The guys who had taken over the wildlife building weren't really trying to assault individuals or a place of business. I think a judgment call was made there that you can probably wait them out. Waco helped a lot with that decision.

However, if you are assaulting a place of business or workers and you are armed, the cops gonna take you down hard with real bullets.

Seth1968
11-26-2016, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by AndyL

Originally posted by btimbit

Yup. Add in the fact that it doesn't even actually cross that reserve OR their burial grounds and you get a better idea of the nonsense this has become.

Main street media never said any such thing.

That means, you're both wrong ;)

Sentry
12-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Y'all might want to check the news.

rx7_turbo2
12-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Sentry
Y'all might want to check the news.
Pipeline re-routed.

So do the protesters accept this outcome?

Buster
12-04-2016, 04:56 PM
haha...what a bunch of pussies.

I'm sure ISIS is shaking in their boots at the US Army and cops, who can't even beat a bunch of millenial hippies.

Go4Long
12-04-2016, 06:12 PM
Just what we need given our recent pipeline approvals ...a bunch of millenials thinking all they have to do is protest to stop pipeline progress. The problem being that the clowns in BC think the pipeline should just randomly go around BC altogether, which makes it really hard to get to port. Oh well, railway it is.

FraserB
12-04-2016, 07:08 PM
When do we say enough is enough and stop letting a few hundred people block infrastructure projects that will benefit tens of millions? Pretty much every single person on these protests is a gigantic hypocrite. They are either being paid by people making money off of oil/gas/pipelines or they benefit from the extraction, refining and use of petrochemicals every single day.

KPHMPH
12-04-2016, 07:15 PM
There was a protest here in Kamloops today.

The group of people looked straight out of a lumber jack tofu hipster commercial.

rx7_turbo2
12-04-2016, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
When do we say enough is enough and stop letting a few hundred people block infrastructure projects that will benefit tens of millions? Pretty much every single person on these protests is a gigantic hypocrite. They are either being paid by people making money off of oil/gas/pipelines or they benefit from the extraction, refining and use of petrochemicals every single day.
Things are coming to a head, you can feel it. Caving to nonsense like this is very dangerous. You've just given every pipeline protester and fringe group a recipe for success. At some point a line in the sand will need to be drawn.

duaner
12-04-2016, 08:35 PM
An interesting article: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/os-ed-standing-rock-sioux-other-side-110916-20161109-story.html

Gestalt
12-04-2016, 08:40 PM
What's the world coming to?

First this, and now 3 feet of snow in Hawaii.

Gestalt
12-04-2016, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by KPHMPH
There was a protest here in Kamloops today.

The group of people looked straight out of a lumber jack tofu hipster commercial.

And Vancouver. But these look like regular Canadians to meet, not some aliens.

http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/mobile/pipeline-protesters-take-to-streets-in-nanaimo-victoria-1.3187134

rx7_turbo2
12-04-2016, 08:50 PM
And Vancouver. But these look like regular Canadians to meet, not some aliens.

http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/mobile/pipeline-protesters-take-to-streets-in-nanaimo-victoria-1.3187134
Vancouver Island(Nanaimo & Victoria) is not Vancouver.

ercchry
12-04-2016, 09:05 PM
I have a buddy out on the coast who is anti pipeline... I just can't even read his shit... "would someone think of the whales?!"

Funny thing (to me) is that he grew up in Ontario and has only been a dirty hippy for a handful of years out there

Sugarphreak
12-04-2016, 10:42 PM

rx7_turbo2
12-04-2016, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I would say every normal person I've met in Vancouver has been for the new pipeline

And then... there are the protesters

I don't even know what to say about them... mouthy entitled millennials that embody the worst of humanity. They don't know anything about what they are protesting becides the propaganda bull shit that GreenPeace or Seirra Club feeds them, and they don't care. Trump, Pipelines, Meat, Farmed Salmon, Logging, Mining... whatever. They use it as an excuse to harass people and businesses.

The more I see these people in person in Van, the more I hope they get a face full of pepper spray and tear gas.

Scumbags... all of them

I have a few friends who live a lifestyle in Vancouver that would not be possible without significant subsidies from parents in Calgary who made/make their living directly from the oil and gas industry. I've had to walk away from a couple conversations when they start climbing the hypocrisy ladder to their high horse of "sustainable living". Keep in mind I'm in my mid 30's so these really wouldn't be classified as millenials. There's a total disconnect from reality, it almost seems like brainwashing.

Gestalt
12-04-2016, 11:42 PM
At least in Calgary, the only real mouthy entitled millennials I have met are oil and gas workers, looking down on the rest of us because they are entitle and overpaid.

kaput
12-05-2016, 05:32 AM

ickyflex
12-05-2016, 10:29 AM
At least in Calgary, the only real mouthy entitled millennials I have met are oil and gas workers, looking down on the rest of us because they are entitle and overpaid.

You have a very jaded opinion on everything don't you. Maybe people look down on you because you come off as an idiot.

HiTempguy1
12-05-2016, 10:49 AM
I wouldn't say he is wrong about that (one of the few things I can agree with him on). O&G people have a very HIGH world view of themselves.

Gestalt
12-05-2016, 11:03 AM
In our world of today, having to change careers a few times in our lives is a given. Personal development I've heard it called.

From what I have seen, oil and gas employees, making extravagant wages feel they are somehow more deserving, smarter and entitled to what was the norm for a while.

People in other industries have grasped the facts of life.

dirtsniffer
12-05-2016, 11:30 AM
how old are you?

ercchry
12-05-2016, 11:36 AM
It's cute that that you think $1xxk is extravagant, hang out with some financial guys if you want to see extravagant

$50k-$200k/year... it doesn't matter, it just means you you get to buy better versions of the same goods

suntan
12-05-2016, 11:44 AM
Guys, he's somebody's alt. Gest-ALT.

My bet's on Toma.

ercchry
12-05-2016, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by suntan
Guys, he's somebody's alt. Gest-ALT.

My bet's on Toma.

Nah, Toma has money... slumlord since the 90s

Gestalt
12-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
how old are you?

Late 20's. Did actually do a couple seasons up north before I settled on journeyman auto tech.

And I'm not sure why people are assuming I am broke. I work hard, and average about 11 hours a day, even in this economy.

max_boost
12-05-2016, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
It's cute that that you think $1xxk is extravagant, hang out with some financial guys if you want to see extravagant

$50k-$200k/year... it doesn't matter, it just means you you get to buy better versions of the same goods lol ya. bankers are on a whole other level it's ridiculous

o&g is hype when times are good ..... times aren't that good right now lol unless you are at the top. the view is always good when you are at the top boom or bust

suntan
12-05-2016, 12:37 PM
Doctors... Lawyers... Entertainers... Sport Figures... Politicians...

But it's the O&G people that are the real monsters.

killramos
12-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Yea also remember its definitely those overpaid O&G guys who keep buying P1's and 918's. :rolleyes:

Gestalt
12-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Speaking of monsters, you forgot the ones that started this

BC residents protesting.

I think many here are upset because their favourite mascot, Bernard the roughneck might have to go back to acting and washing dishes.

rx7_turbo2
12-05-2016, 01:55 PM
I think many here are upset because their favourite mascot, Bernard the roughneck might have to go back to acting and washing dishes.
Sound more like you tried it up North but couldn't cut it?

Do any of the automobiles you service run on gasoline? How about the way they're cooled and lubricated any petroleum products in those processes? The vehicles you service, if a "Bernard" comes in you tell him to fuck off his dirty money is no good here? Just wondering.

ickyflex
12-05-2016, 02:17 PM
In our world of today, having to change careers a few times in our lives is a given. Personal development I've heard it called.

From what I have seen, oil and gas employees, making extravagant wages feel they are somehow more deserving, smarter and entitled to what was the norm for a while.

People in other industries have grasped the facts of life.

That's a ridiculous statement. I've met people in every industry that don't have their head screwed on tight and others who do. People like you just seem to just take an experience of a few and think it applies to the whole sector.

The glory of Calgary is most of the wealth in this city was built from the ground up. Live in New York or London or Vancouver then come back and tell me how bad it is. Or go check out San Fran you'll see the same thing in tech.

Honestly, it just sounds like you hate life because you suck at it

suntan
12-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Everybody that makes more than Gestalt = makes extravagant wages feel they are somehow more deserving, smarter and entitled to what was the norm for a while.

killramos
12-05-2016, 02:31 PM
But don't worry guys, despite working average 11 hours a day he wants to kick around driving for uber for a few hours all his free time.

Xtrema
12-05-2016, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by suntan
Doctors... Lawyers... Entertainers... Sport Figures... Politicians...

But it's the O&G people that are the real monsters.

Doctors and Lawyers, lots of schooling to get paid.

Entertainers and Sport Figures, only the elite get paid, most don't.

O&G is the only industry where a lot of incompetency getting paid in professional wages. So yeah, Politicians comparison is spot on. :rofl:

Sentry
12-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Man Frantically Scours Internet for Tickets to Standing Rock

http://i.imgur.com/Y49ohBd.jpg

BERKELEY, Calif. – A surge in media attention has turned Standing Rock and the Dakota Access Pipeline into one of the most talked about events on social media. No one knows this better than Brandon Wright, who has spent hours combing the internet for reasonably priced tickets for him and his girlfriend.

“I’m really just excited about the idea of being there. Taking it all in. I always try to be a part of any cool new festival I hear of,” said a clearly mistaken Wright. “My girlfriend, Bethany, has been on me about this ever since she saw it on Facebook. She’s already started choosing outfits so I don’t want to let her down. Not around the holidays.”

When asked what he was looking forward to most about Standing Rock, Wright listed off several attractions.

“Without a doubt it’s the Mutant Vehicles like you see at Burning Man, or as the news has been calling them, ‘military-grade Humvees.’ Bethany is really excited about the musical aspect. She’s been looking for an opportunity to break in her brand new djembe,” said Wright, unaware of a single issue related to the Dakota Access protests. “As far as the risks, I know what I’m getting myself into, especially when it comes to buying things online — but it’s a risk I’m certainly willing to take.”

Water protectors have clashed with police at Standing Rock in recent weeks. No one is more familiar with this than Sgt. Brent Sembler. When asked about the new wave of participants, Sembler seemed frustrated, saying traditional tactics of cracking down on peaceful protests don’t work as well on the newcomers.

“It’s pretty easy to tell the protesters from the party-goers,” he explained. “When you hit a protester with a water cannon at freezing temperatures, they tend to have a deep emotional reaction. But the ones that are here looking for a good time almost always end up taking their shirts off and start dancing. They’re practically immune to everything we throw at them. One time I maced a guy and all he did was ask me what time The Chainsmokers were playing.”

With the announcement that the pipeline would be re-routed and the protest might be coming to an end, Wright seemed more determined than ever to get his hands on tickets and enjoy as much of Standing Rock as he could.

“I don’t care how much they cost, I don’t care how much I sleep. I will find tickets somehow,” he said. “I hear this year they installed a lazy river you can float down.”
http://thehardtimes.net/2016/12/05/man-frantically-scours-internet-tickets-standing-rock/

Gestalt
12-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Doctors and Lawyers, lots of schooling to get paid.

Entertainers and Sport Figures, only the elite get paid, most don't.

O&G is the only industry where a lot of incompetency getting paid in professional wages. So yeah, Politicians comparison is spot on. :rofl:

This is some of the entitlement I speak of.

Glad one person caught on.

I wasn't all that serious either, just a stereotypical resposne to an equally stereotypical comment.

suntan
12-05-2016, 03:35 PM
The more he writes, the more his level of idiocy is revealed.