PDA

View Full Version : Tire Surplus?

J-hop
11-23-2016, 10:48 PM
Anyone use them? I was thinking about picking up one of their cheap winter tire packages as they are really competitive and I'm not looking for anything special.

roopi
11-23-2016, 11:21 PM
Interested in this too. I've seen their ads and the prices seem pretty good. Prices so good I'm thinking of winters over all seasons.

GTR_Auto
11-23-2016, 11:24 PM
Send me an email and I can see what I can do!

[email protected]

r3ccOs
11-23-2016, 11:29 PM
from what I understand, all chinese brand tires, no matter how nice the tread looks, typically just don't compare to a conventional let alone premium brand tire...

but is it that bad? for Cars, I think they are just fine...

but for Trucks, I think thats an accident waiting to happen

J-hop
11-23-2016, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by r3ccOs
from what I understand, all chinese brand tires, no matter how nice the tread looks, typically just don't compare to a conventional let alone premium brand tire...

but is it that bad? for Cars, I think they are just fine...

but for Trucks, I think thats an accident waiting to happen

Yea I'm looking for a car that I will only drive a couple times in the winter so not too concerned with getting the best tire (man I sure hope future me isn't reading this thinking you idiot).

I've run gtradial champiro cheapos for 4 years so far on my old Subaru, they for sure aren't as good as the Michelin X-ice tires on my other car but they are still half decent

cancer man
11-24-2016, 04:07 AM
Any shitty winter tire is still better than an all season.

sputnik
11-24-2016, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by cancer man
Any shitty winter tire is still better than an all season.

Provided they reliably hold air.

Most people I know with Chinese tires complain about slow leaks and overall seal issues.

mr2mike
11-24-2016, 11:13 AM
In before the thread... Chinese Tires won't hold air / side wall bubble.

JustinMCS
11-24-2016, 12:00 PM
The one thing between you and the road - don't cheap out on tires.

ercchry
11-24-2016, 12:12 PM
I use to abuse the shit out of Ling longs... never had any defect issues... they didn't even chunk