PDA

View Full Version : New car, where to get 3M and undercoat?

milkpumba
11-26-2016, 07:30 PM
Just got a 2017 Subaru WRX guys and I opted out of their 3M and undercoat as I was under the impression that I could have it done somewhere else at a much cheaper price. I've been seeing Shadow Tint recommended here for 3M. Any other suggestions?

Also how much does Shadow Tint usually charge for their 3M? Thanks!

dj_rice
11-26-2016, 08:12 PM
Maybe u should call shadow tint for a quote. They would know best

milkpumba
11-26-2016, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Maybe u should call shadow tint for a quote. They would know best Will do on Monday. They are closed already today and tomorrow. Just wanted to get an idea from people that have had 3M installed from them before

redblack
11-26-2016, 08:36 PM
I seen a ad on global tv that ZR auto does 3m now too.

Tej.S
11-26-2016, 09:32 PM
I would recommend getting XPEL done instead of 3M, since it self heals in sunlight/heat. I got XPEL ultimate done on my new car from the guys at Tint Tech (based on recommendations from members here) . They were a pleasure to deal with, and had one of the most competitive prices in town. I called 4-5 shops, and they had the best prices. I am extremely pleased with the quality of their work, and they even did certain parts of my car for free. I'm not sure about other shops, but these guys also provide a lifetime warranty as well.

'93 SR-V
11-27-2016, 07:52 AM
I took my F-150 to Country Hills Toyota's detail shop (Country Hills Auto Spa) for PPF and undercoating. They were the best price out of the maybe 5 shops I called and everything turned out good.

BokCh0y
11-27-2016, 11:40 AM
I have all my 3m work done at The Auto Protectors just off Manchester road. Usually about $625 to do a 24" section of the hood, plus the full front bumper, section of the fenders, headlights, fog lights, and mirrors.

I've bought all my cars there, they've been really good. They also do a paint protectant thing and under coating and rust proofing too if you're interested.

Tint Tech is where I go to for tint.

Squishy
11-27-2016, 12:09 PM
I'll do the undercoating for $290 at a dealership. We do 3m as well but I need more info on what you want before giving a quote.

NewLextasy
11-27-2016, 01:21 PM
Refine auto salon .

Best in the business .

K3RMiTdot
11-27-2016, 07:31 PM
Jarod - He works at ZR auto now

Heru-Farukon
12-11-2016, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
I have all my 3m work done at The Auto Protectors just off Manchester road. Usually about $625 to do a 24" section of the hood, plus the full front bumper, section of the fenders, headlights, fog lights, and mirrors.

I've bought all my cars there, they've been really good. They also do a paint protectant thing and under coating and rust proofing too if you're interested.

Tint Tech is where I go to for tint.

+1 for The Auto Protectors

TYMSMNY
12-11-2016, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Tej.S
I would recommend getting XPEL done instead of 3M, since it self heals in sunlight/heat. I got XPEL ultimate done on my new car from the guys at Tint Tech (based on recommendations from members here) . They were a pleasure to deal with, and had one of the most competitive prices in town. I called 4-5 shops, and they had the best prices. I am extremely pleased with the quality of their work, and they even did certain parts of my car for free. I'm not sure about other shops, but these guys also provide a lifetime warranty as well.

Curtis at Tint Tech is good.

Full bumper, Full Hood, fenders, door cups, around the windshield, about 1-2ft of the roof line. BAM!

cyra1ax
12-11-2016, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by milkpumba
Just got a 2017 Subaru WRX guys and I opted out of their 3M and undercoat as I was under the impression that I could have it done somewhere else at a much cheaper price. I've been seeing Shadow Tint recommended here for 3M. Any other suggestions?

Also how much does Shadow Tint usually charge for their 3M? Thanks!

FYI, I got my WRX at Centaur and they sent my car to Shadow Tinting for PPF. Got Centaur to quote me a price, and then went to Shadow Tinting directly for a quote on how much PPF+5 window tint would cost, and then gave Centaur the quote to match.

+1 on the Xpel, I would actually recommend having a detailer see the car first before you send it to PPF though, the PDI guys at Centaur missed some rail dust that's stuck under there now that I didn't catch until long after the PPF was applied.

Edit: I paid $1399+GST for Xpel Ultimate: Full hood, fenders, mirrors, front bumper, fogs, lights, roof and A-Pillars. Tint was $269+GST for all windows behind the driver & passenger windows. Pricing was actually quite close to what Centaur gave me so take that as you will.

I highly recommend getting the rocker panels/side skirts done as well as I find that there's a very high likelihood of yourself of your guests contacting it with their shoes.