PDA

View Full Version : Obama supports women military draft (USA)

ZenOps
12-03-2016, 10:05 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-announces-support-women-military-draft-084954195--politics.html

Have an idea that much of the (whitebread) US will have a problem with the idea of their 18 year old daughter being required to fight overseas.

But, I guess controversial policies can all be opened up now that Obama is on his way out.

btimbit
12-03-2016, 01:46 PM
This is a good thing for woman that want fair military service.

Any negative comments about it are people getting hung up on the "Draft" part, while not reading this part of the article:

The White House emphasized that the administration remains committed to an all-volunteer military — meaning women, like men, wouldn't be forced to serve unless there were a national emergency like a major world war. Changing the policy would require an act of Congress, and there are no signs that lawmakers plan to move swiftly to alter the law.

Sugarphreak
12-03-2016, 02:22 PM

kertejud2
12-03-2016, 03:55 PM
There are a lot of people that think this has been pushed by people in order to end the concept of the draft altogether, rather than a measure to promote equality. Because people's thoughts on equality go out the window pretty quickly when the idea of Sugarphreak's kids dying in a tank fire because some woman wasn't able to pull them out (better or worse, they burned alive for equality).

Really any women in the draft would just go to the support roles, replacing people that get shifted to combat roles with the other conscripts. Not sure if we would need to get to a draft in this day and age though. I'd imagine the nukes would fly long before any ground war created enough casualties to necessitate one.

CompletelyNumb
12-03-2016, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Equal rights and equal treatment... for better or worse. Sounds fair to me

Women that don't agree should be sent to the kitchen to make the other women that do agree sandwiches.

:werd: