PDA

View Full Version : Schiit Fulla 2

msommers
12-06-2016, 09:21 PM
This little dac/amp looks pretty promising and doesn't require an external power supply - For a small footprint at work I wanna try it out. Price is $99USD but the shipping is ridiculous for just one...

Would anyone else be interested in getting one also and share shipping/duty etc?

http://schiit.com/products/fulla-2

ZeroGravity
12-07-2016, 10:00 AM
is this a new one? looks different from what I remembered.

tempted to get the modi + magni combo

msommers
12-07-2016, 10:05 AM
It is a brand new version, just released/announced.

I have much more desk space in the home office (Gungir MB and Mjolnir 2 stack) but at school it's pretty limited.

Heard great things about that stack though, especially given its price point.

ZeroGravity
12-07-2016, 10:31 AM
ideally, I wanted to try the modi multibit + magni uber but it's a bit too much right now.

So with the Fulla 2, does it mean that if I have a lightning to micro-usb adapter, then I can use it with my phone provided that I feed it power on the other usb port?

When are you looking to order? I suppose with two units, basically get Fedex economy for the price of USPS uninsured.

msommers
12-07-2016, 10:38 AM
I'm not in a huge rush but I suspect they'll be selling out fairly quickly.

I'd ask about the lightning - micro usb cord. Their FAQ suggest that adapters/multi-end cables like that are fine but I honestly can't say for sure. They're really quick about getting back to people.

ZeroGravity
12-07-2016, 10:55 AM
Just emailed them my question. Would be nice to be able to use it on my trip at the end of the month.

ZeroGravity
12-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Got a reply from Nick (support tech)

"Need the lightning to USB adapter from Apple and also the dual USB inputs for power and signal"

Sounds like I can. Although from his reply, it sounds like he is answering my question based on the older Fulla instead of Fulla 2 which as a separate power input port.

Having said that, I have a co-worker who is also interested in one unit. I can make a order on 3 units and act as middle man.

Shipping estimate
~ 42 USD Fedex International Economy
~ 46 USD Fedex International Priority

msommers
12-07-2016, 12:25 PM
Sounds good! Lets give it another day before ordering, I'm still waiting on one person.

I think with Fedex Int. Priority you don't have to pay brokerage fees...

ZeroGravity
12-07-2016, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Sounds good! Lets give it another day before ordering, I'm still waiting on one person.

Oh nice. Faster and more savings.

cam_wmh
12-07-2016, 02:11 PM
I have little to add, other than this company's name is a full on troll job.

Full-A-Shit? LOL

ZeroGravity
12-07-2016, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by cam_wmh
I have little to add, other than this company's name is a full on troll job.

Full-A-Shit? LOL

Apparently this device and the previous version shows up as "I'm Fulla Schiit" for device ID.

ZeroGravity
12-08-2016, 12:46 PM

Any word for a potential fourth unit on the same order?

msommers
12-08-2016, 12:54 PM
He's sounding kind of flakey so lets not bother waiting any longer and order things up! I'll be in Calgary Sunday Dec 18 and onwards for a couple weeks over the holidays. I can EMT ya money or give you cash when we figure out what everyone owes you.

Cheers!

JfuckinC
12-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Would that make my desktop speakers work better? the sound is kinda shitty at low volume, one speaker always louder than the other by a lot no matter what volumes i adjust to what levels..

i think they are these ones;
Speakers (https://www.londondrugs.com/audioengine-p4-passive-bookshelf-speakers/M0004374.html?dwvar_M0004374_color=Black&cgid=comp-videosound-computerspeakers)

msommers
12-08-2016, 01:03 PM
It sounds like there may be a technical issue with the speakers - this device would not help fix that particular problem.

Otherwise yes I think there would be some improvement, though I can't really say definitively.

ZeroGravity
12-08-2016, 01:05 PM
He's sounding kind of flakey so lets not bother waiting any longer and order things up! I'll be in Calgary Sunday Dec 18 and onwards for a couple weeks over the holidays. I can EMT ya money or give you cash when we figure out what everyone owes you.

Cheers!

Alright. Will put order through. With this may be I'll discover how bad my ears are assuming that I couldn't hear any difference.

I have an old pair of ATH-M50 and recently got the 598cs

ZeroGravity
12-09-2016, 09:43 AM
Just an update, I put an order for three units with fedex international priority shipping yesterday around noon. Will calculate the amount per unit once they get delivered.