PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Prime video service launches in Canada

roopi
12-14-2016, 01:41 PM
I already have a Prime membership with Amazon so a nice little add on I guess. I haven't checked it out yet but hopefully they have some good original series. Already noticed a few good movie options that Netflix doesn't have.

www.primevideo.com

NoPulp
12-14-2016, 02:16 PM
Yes! I've been wanting to get prime, but wanted to wait until video came to Canada.
Looks like it's available for roku and xbox too.

sputnik
12-14-2016, 02:20 PM
The selection is pretty terrible right now.

Mitsu3000gt
12-14-2016, 02:34 PM
Awesome, finally. I've been a Prime member for ages and the USA always gets WAY better perks. Nice to get a little something extra. The Android app is already available, I assume iOS too.

It didn't ask me to sign in or anything, but that could be because I also have the Amazon shopping app on my phone. Unfortunately I don't see a "Cast" option at the moment.

roopi
12-14-2016, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Awesome, finally. I've been a Prime member for ages and the USA always gets WAY better perks. Nice to get a little something extra. The Android app is already available, I assume iOS too.

It didn't ask me to sign in or anything, but that could be because I also have the Amazon shopping app on my phone. Unfortunately I don't see a "Cast" option at the moment.

I was forced to sign in on the app so it must be your shopping app. No cast option at the moment. :thumbsdow

Mitsu3000gt
12-14-2016, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by roopi

I was forced to sign in on the app so it must be your shopping app. No cast option at the moment. :thumbsdow

You can always cast from a Chrome tab or something but no native support is disappointing. Most media players should have the app too.

nzwasp
12-14-2016, 02:57 PM
Like Netflix can you access prime USA content with a dns service?

roopi
12-14-2016, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by nzwasp
Like Netflix can you access prime USA content with a dns service?

Please report back once you've tested this. :D

Mitsu3000gt
12-14-2016, 04:27 PM
Prime Canada and Prime USA are two completely different subscriptions so it might not be quite as easy to get the USA content but who knows. You might need the dns PLUS an actual USA Prime membership, but hopefully not.

blairtruck
12-15-2016, 12:29 AM
LAst week I logged into amazon.com with my .ca credentials and it worked for shows but not for movies. Said not available in my country

rage2
12-15-2016, 08:26 AM
The US content selection is fucking brutal too. Curious how much worse the Canadian selection is.

NoPulp
12-15-2016, 08:58 AM
I'm assuming that .ca will get Grand tour in the near future? That's all that matters.

sputnik
12-15-2016, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by rage2
The US content selection is fucking brutal too. Curious how much worse the Canadian selection is.

Its pretty bad right now.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/12/14/amazon-prime-video-in-canada-complete-tv-and-movie-list/

schocker
12-15-2016, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by NoPulp
I'm assuming that .ca will get Grand tour in the near future? That's all that matters.
We already have it, you need to use primevideo.com not amazon.ca

Would be nice if they made the xbox one app available in Canada so I can watch it on my TV. They are turning on 4k and HDR I believe in the next update.

SkiBum5.0
12-15-2016, 09:31 AM
The best US shows require signing into 3rd party accounts. Example is Westworld requires an HBO Go account. Other than the Grand Tour, I watch noting on the Prime Video

gpomp
12-15-2016, 09:47 AM
I have been watching The Grand Tour with the Amazon app on my Samsung smart TV and Roku for a few weeks now.

schocker
12-15-2016, 09:13 PM
Got the amazon app working on my vizio, just had to change the region from CAN to US. Seems to support 4K and HDR.

beecue
12-15-2016, 10:10 PM
Yeah it works on my vizio too. I used adfreetime, didn't check my region. The US version is ok. It has some HBO shows like The Wire.

schocker
12-16-2016, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by beecue
Yeah it works on my vizio too. I used adfreetime, didn't check my region. The US version is ok. It has some HBO shows like The Wire.
I think I am still using the canada version for selection, it just wouldn't let me access the amazon app based on country.

asp integra
12-16-2016, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by schocker
Got the amazon app working on my vizio, just had to change the region from CAN to US. Seems to support 4K and HDR.

How did you do this? I have a Vizio as well and every time I try to get it working it says "this app is not available in your country"