PDA

View Full Version : Upright Freezer issues

Thaco
12-18-2016, 05:32 PM
Hey all, anybody know a lot about uprights?

i have a FFU21D9CW2 (fridgidaire)

Having some issues with this thing, it is older, but the temp alarm keeps going off, i suspect it is an issue with the door gasket, i can hear it vacuum closed when i close the door, and it is relatively cold but obviously not enough for the door alarm to be happy..

Like i said i have suspicions that its the door gasket, but is there any way to confirm this? i really don't wanna drop $200 on a new door gasket only for that to not be the problem...

Darell_n
12-18-2016, 08:45 PM
Measure the temperature.

Thaco
12-18-2016, 08:51 PM
its at -10C at the highest setting... seems not cold enough to me, that's probably why the temp alarm goes off, i am pretty sure the alarm is fine, its the freezer that isn't cooling well enough... i am just looking for a good way to determine if the gasket is actually the problem... physically it seems fine, no cracks or anything

HomespunLobster
12-18-2016, 09:45 PM
I've had my fridge/freezer coils freeze over with ice and air couldn't pass over it. It was caused by the fridge/freezer door being left open over time. Check to see if you have bad ice build up on your coils, and if so clean them up

Thaco
12-18-2016, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by HomespunLobster
I've had my fridge/freezer coils freeze over with ice and air couldn't pass over it. It was caused by the fridge/freezer door being left open over time. Check to see if you have bad ice build up on your coils, and if so clean them up yeah i unplugged it and thawed it out for a couple days the first time the alarm went off just to check for this, but it didn't resolve the issue.