PDA

View Full Version : Slavery in the US constitution.

ZenOps
12-28-2016, 01:15 PM
Should slavery make a comeback?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amendments_to_the_United_States_Constitution

I mean, the 18th amendment is pretty clear that alcohol is illegal, but they ended up repealing it in the 21st amendment.

Should the 13th amendment be repealed or at least modified to a more modern society? Slavery is currently only possible in the US as a punishment for crime. If the changed the laws to allow slavery, maybe the jails wouldn't have to be so large in the US?

I mean really, we are all slaves to the machine in some form or another.

Dun Dun duhhh!

soloracer
12-28-2016, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps

Dun Dun duhhh!

Slaves don't get paid. And they have no choice about doing the work. If you think you are a slave we should send you to another country against your will to work in a forced labor camp. Might change your "first world" perspective on what actual slavery is.

rage2
12-28-2016, 07:14 PM
Mzybwwf2HoQ

Thaco
12-28-2016, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Mzybwwf2HoQ imma move to trumpville

J-hop
12-28-2016, 09:45 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amendments_to_the_United_States_Constitution

I mean, the 18th amendment is pretty clear that alcohol is illegal, but they ended up repealing it in the 21st amendment.

Should the 13th amendment be repealed or at least modified to a more modern society? Slavery is currently only possible in the US as a punishment for crime. If the changed the laws to allow slavery, maybe the jails wouldn't have to be so large in the US?

Dun Dun duhhh!

Interested in how you would decide the criteria for slaves and how this would decrease the number of prisoners in the US?

ZenOps
12-29-2016, 09:20 AM
Easiest criteria to start with would be all no document non-citizens are slaves and can either stay or choose to leave. That would immediately draw a pool of 11 million people in the US.

Prisoners in the US penal system can choose to re-enter society as registered slaves with freedom of movement but must work, instead of in jail as a slave with no freedoms.

And I know how crazy it sounds to even suggest. But if they re-named "slavery" as "get out of jail work punchcard", as a debit based system like EBT, it could work. Seriously, why be a toilet cleaning slave in jail - when you can work 20 hours a week and be a toilet cleaning slave in open society? If you don't fill your slave punchcard which also doubles as an EBT card, no free food...

uQaJ8n3R3lY

Although: The way society is going now, it might just be better to not sugar coat it and label people as slaves.

soloracer
12-29-2016, 11:46 AM
Funny thing, everyone is pointing fingers at the illegals that are working in the states. Yet no one singles out the guys who are HIRING them. Perhaps if you went after the companies/people doing the hiring there would be less reasons for illegals to enter the country. I have relatives in the states who know companies that hire illegals and all the comments I hear are about how the illegals are working hard for lower pay. And some how that is the illegals fault? Why is there no outrage at the employers?

J-hop
12-29-2016, 02:01 PM
Easiest criteria to start with would be all no document non-citizens are slaves and can either stay or choose to leave. That would immediately draw a pool of 11 million people in the US.

Prisoners in the US penal system can choose to re-enter society as registered slaves with freedom of movement but must work, instead of in jail as a slave with no freedoms.

And I know how crazy it sounds to even suggest. But if they re-named "slavery" as "get out of jail work punchcard", as a debit based system like EBT, it could work. Seriously, why be a toilet cleaning slave in jail - when you can work 20 hours a week and be a toilet cleaning slave in open society? If you don't fill your slave punchcard which also doubles as an EBT card, no free food...

uQaJ8n3R3lY

Although: The way society is going now, it might just be better to not sugar coat it and label people as slaves.

Interesting, so how is that different from the prison highway clean ups?

Also where would you draw the line on what offenders could and couldn't rejoin society as slaves. Could serial killers? How about drug dealers? How about the full spectrum in between.

What would be the punishment for harbouring a slave (ie: an undocumented immigrant), enslave the rest of the family?

Would children born to slaves be a victim as well, would they be forced into slavery? If so What age would they be forced to work? If they weren't than how would you deal with that? Would you put them into the foster system? How would you ensure they would become productive members of society and not choose crime to break away from their enslavement?