PDA

View Full Version : Why are these worth this much?

speedog
01-03-2017, 11:14 PM
From the web site that BensonTT posted, please enlighten me as to why these sneakers (link (https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/men/product/hender-scheme/beige-manual-industrial-products-05-sneakers/1675103)) are worth $1300CAD?

I know I'm a wee bit older than most of you and certainly I do not dress in anything even remotely resembling trendy, but forgive when I ask this - how in the hell is an ordinary pair of sneakers worth $1300?

Type_S1
01-03-2017, 11:37 PM
Looks like a site for gay rich dudes

flipstah
01-04-2017, 12:13 AM
They're basically copies of shoes all in leather, made in Japan.

Surprised they haven't gotten sued for copyright infringement. They have Jordans ffs

J-hop
01-04-2017, 07:39 AM
There is a whole sneaker culture out there. People will pay ridiculous money for the ugliest most non-functional shoe For whatever reason.

Take Jordan's for example. I don't know of a single person who isn't into sneakers who actually thinks jordans look good. But people will drop $1000+ on Old Jordan's that look like LA gear shoes... and they don't even light up!!!!

flipstah
01-04-2017, 07:48 AM
Sneaker market is based on hype. Kanye West has Yeezys for $600+

I think they look ugly.

Check out Flight Club for some silliness. I miss Kicksology. :(

speedog
01-04-2017, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

I think they look ugly.

Ugly (http://www.flightclub.com/adidas-yeezy-boost-350-v2-stegry-beluga-solred-201422) doesn't even come close, yeah that Flight Club has some silliness. $4,000 for some red sneakers that don't look all that special?

EK 2.0
01-04-2017, 08:28 AM
One word...#HypeBeast

And I say this as someone in the sneaker game...who has spent more on one pair of shoes than some of you for 3 years worth of kicks hahaha...

flipstah
01-04-2017, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
One word...#HypeBeast

And I say this as someone in the sneaker game...who has spent more on one pair of shoes than some of you for 3 years worth of kicks hahaha...

Truth. I just lurk in the sneaker game because so much money, lah! Window shopping FTW!

BensonTT
01-04-2017, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by speedog
From the web site that BensonTT posted, please enlighten me as to why these sneakers (link (https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/men/product/hender-scheme/beige-manual-industrial-products-05-sneakers/1675103)) are worth $1300CAD?

I know I'm a wee bit older than most of you and certainly I do not dress in anything even remotely resembling trendy, but forgive when I ask this - how in the hell is an ordinary pair of sneakers worth $1300?

Come on bro. You had to find the most expensive and ugly pair lol.. Serious.. I would pay up to $500 if the shoe is dope :)

mr2mike
01-04-2017, 10:16 AM
It's simple economics, brah!

J-hop
01-04-2017, 10:48 AM
I think shoes are kind of like unique cars. Ladas aren't good looking cars by any objective standards. But to a lada enthusiast they can see a work of art in a meticulous build. They will truly appreciate it and sometimes spend big money here to get their own. But only the lada enthusiast will appreciate it, a hot blond walking down the street will laugh at the guy in the lada.

Same deal with shoes. Only a shoe enthusiast can truly appreciate it. To me Jordan's look like bad looking high tops. That same hot blond who laughed at the lada driver is going to laugh at the guy with the bright red Jordan's and elastic ankled pants to show off the shoes walking down the street. That is unless they are a gold digger and know how much the guy paid for the shoes!!!

HiTempguy1
01-04-2017, 11:09 AM
Basically what J-Hop said. There is no inherent value to these besides limited supply and a niche market that makes up the demand.

Some people like weird stuff. :dunno:

chkolny541
01-04-2017, 12:31 PM

Ugly (http://www.flightclub.com/adidas-yeezy-boost-350-v2-stegry-beluga-solred-201422) doesn't even come close, yeah that Flight Club has some silliness. $4,000 for some red sneakers that don't look all that special?

I hope your not dissing the red october!! Thats every sneakerheads grail!
http://www.flightclub.com/nike-air-yeezy-2-sp-red-red-090148

flipstah
01-04-2017, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541

Nike Yeezy rules.

Shouldn't have clicked because now I want the Yeezy high tops hnggh

http://www.flightclub.com/adidas-yeezy-750-boost-lbrown-cwhite-lbrown-201060?nosto=productpage-nosto-1

JfuckinC
01-04-2017, 12:41 PM
I wish i could find an old Pair of Adrian Lopez Circa's in the Red feltish material that made all my white socks pink back in 2004 :cry: #SkateOrDie :rofl:

ercchry
01-04-2017, 12:53 PM
High fashion has always been questionable... nothing new here. What makes a $10,000 suit worth $9500 more than the one on the rack at moores? Better materials, sure... but mostly the guy who made it. So hype, demand, whatever you want to call it... but the real reason? Cause some asshole bought it purely cause it was expensive... so he can show off his wealth

austic
01-04-2017, 01:02 PM

Those look like they came out of a bad 80's movie... to each their own I guess :dunno:

Xtrema
01-04-2017, 01:04 PM
The same reason why Spiderman #1 is worth $40K.

There is no logic on any collectibles, only desires.

flipstah
01-04-2017, 01:12 PM
You're welcome, Beyond.

Greatest series on YouTube IMO

1pHAbXy2ai8

chkolny541
01-04-2017, 01:16 PM
^^Every episode someone takes a regular 10$ item but they sprinkle and cover it in diamonds and/or gold, boom suddenly 10,000$.

flipstah
01-04-2017, 01:25 PM
OR TRUFFLES

chkolny541
01-04-2017, 01:28 PM
https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/men/product/vetements/red-canada-goose-edition-down-parka/1930853
This is a personal fave if we are on the topic of hilariously overpriced goofy things. Its just a regular CG.....about 40 sizes too large.

ercchry
01-04-2017, 01:38 PM
OR TRUFFLES

Truffle all the things!!!!!

lilmira
01-04-2017, 02:14 PM
https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/men/product/vetements/red-canada-goose-edition-down-parka/1930853
This is a personal fave if we are on the topic of hilariously overpriced goofy things. Its just a regular CG.....about 40 sizes too large.

It goes well with Zoolander's tiny cellphone.

J-hop
01-04-2017, 03:46 PM

lol, picture 3 looks like Kenny from south park.

I guess if you have that kind of money to blow why not?

I never really understood CG. Yea I guess they are super warm but so are most winter coats that price so that is a moot point. Many of the "fashion" models aren't functional like the women's long ones. So why are they so popular?

If people just admitted they were a fashion statement I'd accept that but people try to justify them "I needed a good coat" ok well the one you're wearing won't handle much abuse, "it's really warm" (see above), "they are used in the arctic", uhh not that jacket model bro...

Sugarphreak
01-04-2017, 08:02 PM

BensonTT
01-04-2017, 08:09 PM
^^^ don't know why they have a lot of faggy looking models haha :rofl:

BigMass
01-04-2017, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
The guy they have wearing the shoes really sells it for me...

that's the look I'd have if I paid $1300 for shoes that didn't make me feel like I was walking on opium and left me short on funds for my university textbooks.

g-m
01-04-2017, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by J-hop

lol, picture 3 looks like Kenny from south park.

I never really understood CG. Yea I guess they are super warm but so are most winter coats that price so that is a moot point. Many of the "fashion" models aren't functional like the women's long ones. So why are they so popular?

If people just admitted they were a fashion statement I'd accept that but people try to justify them "I needed a good coat" ok well the one you're wearing won't handle much abuse, "it's really warm" (see above), "they are used in the arctic", uhh not that jacket model bro... I got a Marmot Greenland and it's warm as fuck. $500. Those are overpriced

blownz
01-05-2017, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by J-hop

I would bet 90+% of the people buying shoes like those actually don't have the money to blow. Sure there are lots of rich people, but there seems to be even more people that like to "look" like they are rich.

The number of girls I know or have met that have red bottomed shoes and LV purses when they only make $60K a year. Even at triple that they shouldn't be wasting that much on shoes or a purse.

Then again the older I get the cheaper I get in regards to stuff that I find pointless. (and everything else for that matter lol)

J-hop
01-05-2017, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by blownz

I would bet 90+% of the people buying shoes like those actually don't have the money to blow. Sure there are lots of rich people, but there seems to be even more people that like to "look" like they are rich.

The number of girls I know or have met that have red bottomed shoes and LV purses when they only make $60K a year. Even at triple that they shouldn't be wasting that much on shoes or a purse.

Then again the older I get the cheaper I get in regards to stuff that I find pointless. (and everything else for that matter lol)

Totally agree 100%. With how easy it is to get credit these days people have gone from "can I afford this item" to "can I afford the payments on this item"

Same shit with cars....

max_boost
01-05-2017, 02:52 PM
lol walk around Holt and just grab a random shirt and look at the $599 price tag. I don't get it either but someone must be buying it. :bigpimp: the gf goes to Chanel and tries on some cute jacket.....yes OMG u do look great! (NOT).....$10k price tag. lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

riander5
01-05-2017, 03:36 PM

I think they look ugly.

The 600 dollar yeezys dont sell and are all on clearance now tho

People only want 350's and 750's

Want my red stripe 350s? Only 900 dolla!

BensonTT
01-05-2017, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by riander5

The 600 dollar yeezys dont sell and are all on clearance now tho

People only want 350's and 750's

Want my red stripe 350s? Only 900 dolla!

The 350 is ugly as shit!! I want the 750 but aint paying the $1500 price tag at the moment lol

KrisYYC
01-06-2017, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by BensonTT
^^^ don't know why they have a lot of faggy looking models haha :rofl:

C'mon, you think that site gets a lot of hits from straight dudes? :D

The whole sneaker head thing kills me too. Maybe I'm just getting old but I thought collecting shoes was a woman thing...

Originally posted by blownz

Exactly. The reality is true wealthy people rarely flaunt it. It's the wannabes that try to look rich. Usually just a mountain of debt.

riander5
01-06-2017, 09:41 AM

The 350 is ugly as shit!! I want the 750 but aint paying the $1500 price tag at the moment lol

Get some replicas then. No one will ever be able to tell on foot, quality is a bit less obviously but can be had for under 200!

And I disagree on the 350 comment... I like 750's but wouldnt rock em as they look like man uggs

BensonTT
01-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by riander5

Get some replicas then. No one will ever be able to tell on foot, quality is a bit less obviously but can be had for under 200!

And I disagree on the 350 comment... I like 750's but wouldnt rock em as they look like man uggs

Hey bro, you know where I can buy the absolute best replica?

speedog
01-06-2017, 01:34 PM

Just a bit longer and you'll probably be able to get them at the new Balzac mall.

chkolny541
01-06-2017, 02:11 PM

Just a bit longer and you'll probably be able to get them at the new Balzac mall.

:confused: :dunno:

If your looking for a serious answer check out reddit repsneakers, good reps aren't super cheap either

NoPulp
01-06-2017, 03:54 PM

Well the office was dead silent until I clicked the link :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WTF is this?

https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/men/product/vetements/red-flannel-football-shoulder-shirt/1727383

Good deal on this one

https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/men/product/hood-by-air/black-walter-maxi-t-shirt/1717803

riander5
01-06-2017, 05:31 PM

Ya bro i do

ZenOps
01-07-2017, 12:21 PM
W27PnUuXR_A

nykz
01-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
W27PnUuXR_A

That was interesting...