PDA

View Full Version : Which IPTV box would give best quality (like a US dishnet/directv programming)

thetransporter
01-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Which IPTV box would give best quality (like a US dishnet/directv programming)

getting US ip address is no issue.

keyword is live: more so traditional television.

i do have a dishnetwork account with JOEYS that i could never figure out how to set up its just seems so over complicated when its probably something simple.

colsankey
01-05-2017, 10:55 PM
Get a Nvidia shield for 4k video, and download Kodi (with the exodus add-on) that will cover 90% of all tv shows abd movies.

It has a number of sports shows as well, but you may need another app to cover anything Kodi misses.

spike98
01-06-2017, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by colsankey
Get a Nvidia shield for 4k video, and download Kodi (with the exodus add-on) that will cover 90% of all tv shows abd movies.

It has a number of sports shows as well, but you may need another app to cover anything Kodi misses.

Or save your self a few hundred bucks and go with a Mi Box

http://www.mi.com/en/mibox/

Escape
01-06-2017, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by spike98

Or save your self a few hundred bucks and go with a Mi Box

http://www.mi.com/en/mibox/

That stutters with 4k

spike98
01-06-2017, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Escape

That stutters with 4k

When trying to play 4k at 60hrz, users report that changing the output manually to 30hrz fixes stuttering.

That being said, you need a 4K TV, 4K content, and the bandwidth to support it. By the time 4K TV becomes mainstream, the Shield and Mi Box will both be long out of date.

schocker
01-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by spike98
That being said, you need a 4K TV, 4K content, and the bandwidth to support it. By the time 4K TV becomes mainstream, the Shield and Mi Box will both be long out of date.
But netflix/youtube/amazon already have a bunch of 4k content which I watch via tv/xbox/firetv.

spike98
01-06-2017, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by schocker

But netflix/youtube/amazon already have a bunch of 4k content which I watch via tv/xbox/firetv.

I did say mainstream...

A few nugets of 4K goodness is hardly mainstream.