PDA

View Full Version : Compression Shorts / Leggings

jabjab
01-10-2017, 09:45 AM
What do some of you use for good quality compression shorts? There are so many options out there that I don't know what to get. They range from 20 to 200 bucks! I'd like to stay under 50.

A good snug fit is number 1 priority.

D'z Nutz
01-10-2017, 09:49 AM
I like the Under Armour stuff. I haven't tried any other brand but when I was reading reviews, people seemed to suggest Nike stuff was thinner and wore down quickly.

If you're not in any rush, wait until the end of winter when Sport Chek clears out their stuff. You can get it as cheap as $20 a pair. I wouldn't pay much more than that.

Might want to see what Mark's Work Warehouse has to offer too. They seem to have some decent stuff at much more reasonable prices.

lilmira
01-10-2017, 10:06 AM
I had a pair of Nike compression tights and I find the compression less than Skins. I'm not sure if it's the material or the sizing. I like Skins stuff and I ordered them online. I'm not sure where you can get them in town for decent price.

It's not compression if it takes less than 10min to put them on lol.

flipstah
01-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Nike has awesome ones, and they're on clearance at XIron.

I like using them for recovery from spin classes. Placebo effect? Probably.

jabjab
01-10-2017, 10:22 AM
how much are they at crossiron?

I picked up a pair of Head ones on Amazon cause of the reviews and they weren't tight enough. I had bought pair of Adidias shorts with built in compression and they were awesome! Helped my legs feel less fatigued when boxing but yes also could be placebo

GQBalla
01-10-2017, 10:22 AM
CHeck out sport chek in Deerfoot mall has extra 30 percent off right now.

flipstah
01-10-2017, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by jabjab
how much are they at crossiron?

I picked up a pair of Head ones on Amazon cause of the reviews and they weren't tight enough. I had bought pair of Adidias shorts with built in compression and they were awesome! Helped my legs feel less fatigued when boxing but yes also could be placebo

$20-30/pair. But sizes are limited.

craigcd
01-10-2017, 12:50 PM
I am ultra cheap so I cant compare this to any big brand names like Nike or Under Armour. I have been using Old Navy compression shorts and leggings for jogging, they have an entire "active line now". I use them a lot and have had zero issues. They are a fraction of the cost (at least for leggings) of the name brand running gear.

Complete marathon distances with no issues.

Mitsu3000gt
01-10-2017, 12:59 PM
If they're like the socks, they are pretty easy to get prescriptions for custom ones, and a lot of people's work benefits even pay for them - make sure you check out all your options before you buy a pair outright.

jabjab
01-10-2017, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by craigcd
I am ultra cheap so I cant compare this to any big brand names like Nike or Under Armour. I have been using Old Navy compression shorts and leggings for jogging, they have an entire "active line now". I use them a lot and have had zero issues. They are a fraction of the cost (at least for leggings) of the name brand running gear.

Complete marathon distances with no issues.

How are the fit? Some compression stuff is just semi tight, I prefer to fill more compression than less.

craigcd
01-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by jabjab

How are the fit? Some compression stuff is just semi tight, I prefer to fill more compression than less.

The leggings I have are a nice snug fit for sure, the shorts I maybe could have bought a size smaller but they work and are comfortable so I haven't bothered.

What sport are you doing?

mr2mike
01-10-2017, 03:06 PM
Enerskin for the ballers.

https://www.enerskin.com/

craigcd
01-10-2017, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Enerskin for the ballers.

Wow- that shit is baller. 400$ for a long sleeve shirt!

jabjab
01-10-2017, 04:09 PM

The leggings I have are a nice snug fit for sure, the shorts I maybe could have bought a size smaller but they work and are comfortable so I haven't bothered.

What sport are you doing?

I'd be using them for running and boxing

JRSC00LUDE
01-10-2017, 05:01 PM
All that cheap shit, ESPECIALLY Under Armour, is ineffective garbage. I've gone through a lot and the only ones that actually made a measurable result were these:

http://ec3dsports.com/

I wore their compression tights for 5 days of snowboarding/hiking last winter and next day recovery was unprecedented for me. Zero leg fade on one of my hardest trips.
The difference between them and the Under Armour and RBK stuff I had was night and day. Spend the money or you're just wasting it.

2XU are also actually real compression gear too, their tights just don't fit my build.

austic
01-10-2017, 05:04 PM
Virus is a pretty good choice.

USD and Shipping sucks though

sneek
01-10-2017, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
All that cheap shit, ESPECIALLY Under Armour, is ineffective garbage. I've gone through a lot and the only ones that actually made a measurable result were these

Underarmour cold gear compression is amazing though. Regardless of the recovery benefits - they keep you warm on super cold days!

craigcd
01-10-2017, 05:24 PM
All that cheap shit, ESPECIALLY Under Armour, is ineffective garbage.

Hmm maybe I need to try some decent gear. My budget gear has served me well for years :)

mr2mike
01-10-2017, 05:36 PM

Wow- that shit is baller. 400$ for a long sleeve shirt!

Yep. Was trying to get my health account to cover it via a sports hernia diagnosis. Which is legit. But still no dice.

The only other ones I've tried that my physio recommended was the Under Amour CORE PRO shorts.
Has to be that version. Tighter and the X-style elastic pulls hips back.
Rest are just glorified Lululemons.

Crazy because I was so skeptical but after testing it and doing the physio testing. Amazing results.

Coreshorts Pro
https://www.underarmour.com/en-ca/men-s-ua-coreshort-pro/pid1271329-001

TYMSMNY
01-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Did all my half and full marathons in Sugoi compressions. so comfy... I bought their cycling padded shorts too.

JRSC00LUDE
01-10-2017, 08:53 PM

Hmm maybe I need to try some decent gear. My budget gear has served me well for years :)

Under Armour and RBK stuff is nice and snug and comfortable but it's never provided any meaningful support or physical benefit for me. :dunno:

Maybe you're just in better shape and you just don't need it! :rofl:

D'z Nutz
01-10-2017, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by sneek

Underarmour cold gear compression is amazing though. Regardless of the recovery benefits - they keep you warm on super cold days!

Yeah, that's what I bought mine for: keeping cool/cold air off exposed skin while cycling in the fall and winter. In that aspect it does the job it's supposed to.

I'm not really convinced on the "recovery benefits" of compression tights.

craigcd
01-10-2017, 10:30 PM
Maybe you're just in better shape and you just don't need it! :rofl:

Here I am thinking how fast I could be with some baller gear haha :dunno:

I have always worn compression gear to stop chafing and thats about it.
Might need to try a better brand and see what its like and if it makes a difference.

I do know of people who use compression socks for running and I get that. I havent been able to find a pair that fit me correctly.