PDA

View Full Version : Unlocked HTC 10 or Unlocked LG V20?

ZMan2k2
01-16-2017, 06:55 AM
I've got both these phones on the way, one is going back for a refund, I still don't know which one.

Keeping in mind, that I'm an audio guy first:

The HTC has a 24/192 AQustic DAC developed by Qualcomm. HTC has their Boomsound software, a headphone correction software that evens out the sound to both sides, and Dolby Audio, which I'll never use. It also outputs 1V of power, which is very respectable, out of the box, meaning I don't have to pull any tricks to get decently loud output without distortion.

The LG has a 9218 ESS Sabre Quad DAC, capable of outputting DSD or SACD or DVD-A quality music. It's a 32/382 DAC chip on paper. I do have to pull tricks to get it to play decently loud, I have to pull off the left earpiece from the headphone cable, plug in, then reconnect the left earpiece.

They both have identical hardware, the HTC has a non-removeable battery, the LG a removeable battery. Cameras, which I rarely use, are about the same. I've never owned an HTC, I currently have an LG V10 that is developing problems, probably because when I was rooted, I over-clocked it. I do like the second screen, but could just as easily get used to pushing the power button to see the time.

For me it really comes down to the audio, and from the reviews I've read, they almost sound the same. And Boomsound headphone equalization is a really nice feature.

HELP!?!?!?!

jwslam
01-16-2017, 08:52 AM
Food for thought: I think you had said you're on Wind/Freedom.

Of the 2 only V20 supports their LTE band... being hopeful it'll come sometime next year to Calgary lol

also found this thread which I didn't read through the 100+ pages... but you might! :thumbsup:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/816024/lg-v20-sound-quality/405

ZMan2k2
01-16-2017, 09:09 AM
Actually, I have read through that thread. There's really no. comparisons between the two. Just some passing references. I'm with. Virgin now, so frequencies are a wash as well.

Thanks fof the research though.

KrisYYC
01-20-2017, 02:39 AM
Is audio the ONLY thing you're considering?

What about the physical size of the phone? The V20 is a beast and although I love the idea of its features and audio capabilities it's just too big for comfortable use for me. Though I have Bart Simpson hands.