PDA

View Full Version : The Current Year and Your Predictions

Toms-SC
01-17-2017, 01:57 PM
Hello internet,

2017 is the current year and I'd like to make the following predicitions about the political landscape. What are your predicitions?

Canada:
http://i.imgur.com/qbyXXqM.jpg

America:
http://i.imgur.com/9XTdAm2.jpg

Sugarphreak
01-17-2017, 03:28 PM

Tenkara Way
01-17-2017, 03:47 PM
I'll put good money on Trump not making it to 2018. Pick between his raging health issues and Putin having a firm grasp on the Trump nutsack with rather entertaining videos of an orange pear-shaped politician and some slapper. Too bad Vegas won't allow such bets.

NE wins the Super Bowl.

BC says NO again to the pipeline forcing Canada to go hat-in-hand to the USA and the making of a terrible deal for Canadians as we have no where else to sell. The oil has to go somewhere.

Calgary starts to build the new arena.

I win a 60 million LottoMax and treat all Beyonders to a weekend of hybrid car racing in Brooks.

suntan
01-17-2017, 03:49 PM
China holds too many US bonds. They'll capitulate like mad.

They've already started to devalue the yuan, something the rest of the world's been wanting for years.

ZenOps
01-17-2017, 04:12 PM
I predict an earthquake will hit the west coast and make all other economic decisions irrelevant by comparison.

What? It has to happen sometime.

JaffX
01-17-2017, 04:19 PM
I'm predicting 2017 will be the calm before the storm. There will be more nuclear weapons tests from North Korea and they'll make as many nuclear weapons as they can so that when the 2018 Olympics in South Korea start, they're going to obliterate the entire country. That's when WWIII is going to start.

I mean, wouldn't it be the perfect opportunity? Athletes and politicians from all over the world meet in one place and the next door neighbor is a crazy madman with nukes?

timdog
01-18-2017, 02:30 PM
I predict that I will get older, fatter and more bitter about everything.

killramos
01-18-2017, 02:33 PM
With any luck i will get my golf score into the low 90's?

suntan
01-18-2017, 02:40 PM
2 chicks at the same time.

Sugarphreak
01-18-2017, 03:08 PM

Kloubek
01-18-2017, 03:58 PM
I think we are going to see even greater discord in the states (racially in particular) with Trump in office, along with an even more precarious relationship with other countries... Russia being the possible exception.

Terrorist violence will continue to become more commonplace - especially in developed nations.

Alberta's oil industry will start to gain ground again - despite federal and provincial efforts to hold it down. Yet, it will not have much of a trickle-down effect on things like housing for another year or two later.

People will realize the man-bun was a horrible idea.

HiTempguy1
01-19-2017, 12:11 PM
Alberta Separation party starts growing.

I'm starting to think that big countries are useless. The purpose was collective security back in the day, now its not really necessary unless you live next to an openly hostile country.

Sugarphreak
01-19-2017, 02:12 PM

Tik-Tok
01-19-2017, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1
A bunch of whiny right wingers start complaining even louder that the NDP and Liberals are in power.

FTFY

HiTempguy1
01-19-2017, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Freedom of movement within Canada is a fairly good reason to stick with it IMO

Compared to what? Just like with the EU, its very narrow minded to think that its either OPEN BORDERS or CLOSED BORDERS with nothing in between.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

FTFY

Not particularly. The left has whining on lock down for how much they produce. What is happening is the right is realizing that instead of just doing what they normally do (work hard, have jobs, support their families, etc), they have to get on the lefts level (sponge off society and be as vocal as possible about issues while not actually providing anything of merit or value).

The right has always been awful about articulating its message and being vocal about issues. I liken this to the fact that they typically don't have time to do that as they are busy with things like jobs and having actual lives, not trying to enlarge government and stuff millions of laws down our throats trying to suffocate us.

zhao
01-19-2017, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Hello internet,

2017 is the current year and I'd like to make the following predicitions about the political landscape. What are your predicitions?

Canada:
http://i.imgur.com/qbyXXqM.jpg

America:
http://i.imgur.com/9XTdAm2.jpg

Your little pictures are cute. I don't think you understand the scope and size of the us ecomomy. On any given day you're looking at an average of 10s of thousands of layoffs, firings, and people quiting. You're also looking at a similar amount of jobs created, opened up, and rehires.

Macy's announced 10g jobs cut for example, so are you going to give that credit to trump top? That alone wipes out half your pictures combined

Toms-SC
01-19-2017, 07:28 PM
I don't think you fully appreciate the business-friendly environment Trump is creating that will encourage existing businesses to retain staff/invest, and lure other's businesses to relocate there. Time will tell if Trump's policies are a success or not but in my opinion, he has set off in the correct direction.

zhao
01-19-2017, 09:28 PM
You know Burkina Faso is super business friendly. Extremely low tax rate and very cheap labor pool.

But see, businesses like stability. Trump is an emotional child with little political skill who has never thought about political questions before and can flip flop on his ideas with minimal information, because he had literally none before. That is not good for stability at all.

His knowledge can be equated to someone shouting out saying all v8s will beat all 4 cylinders cuz they have more cylinders so how could they make less power!?!? Then in 3 sentences you tell him about turbos, different levels of efficiency, and something called power to weight. Now he's saying how great turbo 4bangers are, but he still only has a basic understanding.

Then he seems to fail to understand corporations are global. He's threatening tariffs on German cars but doesn't realize Bmw exports more cars than anyone from us soil... Buick is killing it in China producing Buick in China for Chinese... and exporting some to the us.

He's a complete wildcard to big global businesses imo, and that's not good for businesses