PDA

View Full Version : Got Pulled Over Yesterday By Cops Looking for Weapons/Drugs..Got Rolling Stop Fine

Pages : [1] 2 3

pinnochio5
01-17-2017, 04:37 PM
Hello,

Got pulled over last night and experienced a very strange encounter with the cops that has resulted in a $388 Failure to stop at a Stop Sign violation.

This happened literally a block away from my house.

Approach the common 3 way stop sign controlled intersection by my house.

Intersection is completely empty. I slow down and make sure to look around for any traffic. Come to a full stop momentarily (i.e the car is slows to 0km/h).

In my peripheral I notice an all-black unmarked 2015 Ford Mustang with a red light inside, both riders staring at me and my car (I guess I stood out to them because I was driving an all black car that I just washed?). My guess at that point was it's a cop, and low and behold seconds later he pulls a U-turn, sirens, the full works.

Him and his partner get out of the car and approach.

Me:
"evening officer, what seems to be the problem"

Officer Andreasen (with the Calgary Police Service):
"There was a stop sign back there you rolled through it"

Me:
"Are you sure about that officer? I knew you were a cop before you even turned you lights on. I'm positive I stopped at the stop sign"

Officer Andreasen:
"Nope. You rolled through it. We've got a dash cam in the car we saw you.

Me:
"Ok officer, could I please see the dash cam footage of me rolling through the intersection?"

Andreasen:
"can't show you now you can see it later."

Me:
"officer I'd like to see the dash cam footage"

Andreasen:
**Avoids the question because now my sister begins to chime in about his partner flashing the light into the car**

His partner was flashing a high beam light into the car expect he wasnt moving it around he literally had it focused on my sister. She asked what the reason for that was.

Andreasen:
"We are approaching a dark car at night, we don't know if you got guns/drugs in here."

At that point my sister gets mad about the flashlight and the fact Andreasen has been raising his voice throughout the entire encounter and begins saying "fuck you" "fat fuck" to the officers. I try to calm her down in front of them. I remained extremely calm throughout the ordeal not once raising my voice or speaking in a derogatory fashion.

I really was bewildered as to the fact the two of them came out, but my guess is they are on a drug/gun/gang operation team and my car seemed to be a jackpot.

Anyways they go back to the car and run my license hoping to find warrants or anything, obviously they find nothing. Cop comes back and fines me with a $388 violation ticket for failure to stop at the stop sign.

Andreasen:
*hands me ticket* "Do you have any questions"

Me:
"I just don't understand the necessity of your abrasive nature, and coming back with a flashlight a second time with your partner when you've already established there's nothing in the car"

Andreasen:
*Raises voice even higher* "I don't tell you how to do your job don't tell me how to do mine" *begins going on semi-rant about how his job is to protect citizens

"so any further questions"

Me:
"I don't have any at the moment, but I look forward to seeing you again next month"

Andreasen:
*Slight pause* "You're planning to fight the ticket?"

Me:
"Yes I hope to see you again at the trial"

Andreasen:
"I encourage you to fight the ticket"

Me:
"I will"

Andreasen:
"Well have a good night, again, I encourage you to fight the ticket"

Me:
"Have a good night officer"

My sister:
"fuck you fat fuck"

At that point I was fairly mad at my sister for saying that. I don't understand why she had to yell it again, but nonetheless we were on our way.

At this point I'm trying to formulate my case. Any thoughts and considerations would help. I will appear at the court house and I do not plan on speaking about how abrasive the cops were. Its a waste of time for me in my opinion. What I'm going there for is because I am completely innocent. I did no wrong, I did not break a single law.

Later the same night I went back to that intersection just to watch cars as they approached it. I saw over 60 cars and can confirm about 2-3 cars actually came to a complete stop, every single other car (including a few marked CPS cars) approach the intersection, make sure to look around for traffic, slow down further (but never to a full stop) and then proceed. It's very common, Its the safe thing to do. I can guarantee that 98% of this forum will approach their next stop sign in a similar fashion. Its human nature, its the safe thing to do, and is the sign of a vigilant driver. There were a few people who blew through the intersection altogether, I cannot defend their actions.

But here's the thing. I actually did come to a stop. It's a stop sign. I slowed my car to 0kmh, which for all intents and purposes is coming to a stop. At an otherwise empty intersection I still looked all around to make sure it was safe to proceed.

My argument at that point (court) would be to see the dash cam footage that officer Andreasen refused to show me when I asked for it.

rx7boi
01-17-2017, 04:42 PM
A+ would read again.

Sister didn't help the situation one bit but you would have probably gotten the ticket anyway.

GL with fighting the ticket. It's a day out of your pocket.

FraserB
01-17-2017, 04:43 PM
He doesn't have to show you anything on the side of the road.

File for disclosure and go to court. Guarantee that your attitudes will be brought up in court and you should have an explanation for them. Them looking into the car with flashlights is completely allowed and by your account, he started getting aggravated when you guys started mouthing off.

ickyflex
01-17-2017, 04:44 PM
Rule #1 - Never ask a cop anything, 99.9% of the time they become hyper defensive and will make your day a living hell

I'd just go to court and fight it

redblack
01-17-2017, 04:46 PM
You should get a dash cam and tell your sister to calm the fck down.

D'z Nutz
01-17-2017, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by pinnochio5
My sister:
"fuck you fat fuck"

At that point I was fairly mad at my sister for saying that. I don't understand why she had to yell it again

http://www.laughsoutloud.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screen-Shot-2014-12-05-at-5.52.40-PM.jpg

HE GOT WEED! HE GOT WEED!

pinnochio5
01-17-2017, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

File for disclosure and go to court. Guarantee that your attitudes will be brought up in court and you should have an explanation for them. Them looking into the car with flashlights is completely allowed and by your account, he started getting aggravated when you guys started mouthing off.

Thing is, I don't want to bring up the confrontation between us because I remained calm as hell throughout the whole ordeal. My sister was the one who was mouthing off, but I will make sure she stays far away from the court house on the trial. If the cop decided to bring that up I will just say its extremely extraneous to the case. All I care about is the ticket he gave me, and the fact that it was unwarranted.

killramos
01-17-2017, 04:51 PM
You felt the need to name an officer on the internet because he gave you a failure to stop ticket while your sister was mouthing him off?

Lets be honest, you probably rolled the sign. Because thats what everyone does 90% of the time.

This is why cops end up with bad attitudes towards citizens.

Most interesting part of the story is that there are unmarked new mustang cruisers out there. Thats a first for me.

spikerS
01-17-2017, 04:53 PM
Just ask for disclosure, and get the dashcam footage specifically that the officer said he had.

That alone will prove if you completely stopped or not.

Additionally, it doesn't matter how many other vehicles do or don't come to a complete stop. Coming to a complete stop is required by law. Just so happens that the cops got you for it.

Seth1968
01-17-2017, 04:54 PM

File for disclosure and go to court.

Uh huh. That's even more ludicrous than going solar.

FraserB
01-17-2017, 04:54 PM

Thing is, I don't want to bring up the confrontation between us because I remained calm as hell throughout the whole ordeal. My sister was the one who was mouthing off, but I will make sure she stays far away from the court house on the trial. If the cop decided to bring that up I will just say its extremely extraneous to the case. All I care about is the ticket he gave me, and the fact that it was unwarranted.

How are the interactions between the vehicle occupants and the officers irrelevant to the traffic stop? The officers got a hostile reception during a traffic stop, you think that is meaningless and has no bearing on the situation?

Do you think if your response had been "Oh boy, I didn't realize. I thought I came to a full stop, sorry about that." and not "Show me the dash cam now"., the end result would have been different?

The amount of fines I have not gotten because I don't play the "muh rights" game on the side of the road or call the cop a "fat fuck" is in the thousands of dollars. Attitude is pretty much everything.

pinnochio5
01-17-2017, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by killramos
You felt the need to name an officer on the internet because he gave you a failure to stop ticket while your sister was mouthing him off?

Lets be honest, you probably rolled the sign. Because thats what everyone does 90% of the time.

Most interesting part of the story is that there are unmarked new mustang cruisers out there. Thats a first for me.

Yes, he is a public servant.

Second off, I did not roll the sign. If I did I'd swallow my pride and pay it, like the first poster after me said, it's a days work. Its not the ticket amount I'm mad about. I'm mad about the principle and the failure to uphold justice. I came to a stop, I did not roll through the sign. Why should I have to be held accountable for something I did not do? How is that fair? My sister mouthing off and the cop raising his voice is all extraneous to this case. All I give a shit about is the ticket I was given.

mazdavirgin
01-17-2017, 04:57 PM
:dunno: Sounds like a NE traffic stop based on behavior of the OP.

redblack
01-17-2017, 04:58 PM
Hello,

Got pulled over last night and experienced a very strange encounter with the cops that has resulted in a $388 Failure to stop at a Stop Sign violation.

This happened literally a block away from my house.

Approach the common 3 way stop sign controlled intersection by my house.

Intersection is completely empty. I slow down and make sure to look around for any traffic. Come to a full stop momentarily (i.e the car is slows to 0km/h).

In my peripheral I notice an all-black unmarked 2015 Ford Mustang with a red light inside, both riders staring at me and my car (I guess I stood out to them because I was driving an all black car that I just washed?). My guess at that point was it's a cop, and low and behold seconds later he pulls a U-turn, sirens, the full works.

Him and his partner get out of the car and approach.

Me:
"evening officer, what seems to be the problem"

Officer Andreasen (with the Calgary Police Service):
"There was a stop sign back there you rolled through it"

Me:
"Are you sure about that officer? I knew you were a cop before you even turned you lights on. I'm positive I stopped at the stop sign"

Officer Andreasen:
"Nope. You rolled through it. We've got a dash cam in the car we saw you.

Me:
"Ok officer, could I please see the dash cam footage of me rolling through the intersection?"

Andreasen:
"can't show you now you can see it later."

Me:
"officer I'd like to see the dash cam footage"

Andreasen:
**Avoids the question because now my sister begins to chime in about his partner flashing the light into the car**

His partner was flashing a high beam light into the car expect he wasnt moving it around he literally had it focused on my sister. She asked what the reason for that was.

Andreasen:
"We are approaching a dark car at night, we don't know if you got guns/drugs in here."

At that point my sister gets mad about the flashlight and the fact Andreasen has been raising his voice throughout the entire encounter and begins saying "fuck you" "fat fuck" to the officers. I try to calm her down in front of them. I remained extremely calm throughout the ordeal not once raising my voice or speaking in a derogatory fashion.

I really was bewildered as to the fact the two of them came out, but my guess is they are on a drug/gun/gang operation team and my car seemed to be a jackpot.

Anyways they go back to the car and run my license hoping to find warrants or anything, obviously they find nothing. Cop comes back and fines me with a $388 violation ticket for failure to stop at the stop sign.

Andreasen:
*hands me ticket* "Do you have any questions"

Me:
"I just don't understand the necessity of your abrasive nature, and coming back with a flashlight a second time with your partner when you've already established there's nothing in the car"

Andreasen:
*Raises voice even higher* "I don't tell you how to do your job don't tell me how to do mine" *begins going on semi-rant about how his job is to protect citizens

"so any further questions"

Me:
"I don't have any at the moment, but I look forward to seeing you again next month"

Andreasen:
*Slight pause* "You're planning to fight the ticket?"

Me:
"Yes I hope to see you again at the trial"

Andreasen:
"I encourage you to fight the ticket"

Me:
"I will"

Andreasen:
"Well have a good night, again, I encourage you to fight the ticket"

Me:
"Have a good night officer"

My sister:
"fuck you fat fuck"

At that point I was fairly mad at my sister for saying that. I don't understand why she had to yell it again, but nonetheless we were on our way.

At this point I'm trying to formulate my case. Any thoughts and considerations would help. I will appear at the court house and I do not plan on speaking about how abrasive the cops were. Its a waste of time for me in my opinion. What I'm going there for is because I am completely innocent. I did no wrong, I did not break a single law.

Later the same night I went back to that intersection just to watch cars as they approached it. I saw over 60 cars and can confirm about 2-3 cars actually came to a complete stop, every single other car (including a few marked CPS cars) approach the intersection, make sure to look around for traffic, slow down further (but never to a full stop) and then proceed. It's very common, Its the safe thing to do. I can guarantee that 98% of this forum will approach their next stop sign in a similar fashion. Its human nature, its the safe thing to do, and is the sign of a vigilant driver. There were a few people who blew through the intersection altogether, I cannot defend their actions.

But here's the thing. I actually did come to a stop. It's a stop sign. I slowed my car to 0kmh, which for all intents and purposes is coming to a stop. At an otherwise empty intersection I still looked all around to make sure it was safe to proceed.

My argument at that point (court) would be to see the dash cam footage that officer Andreasen refused to show me when I asked for it.

pinnochio5
01-17-2017, 05:00 PM
For the record, what I care about is justice folks.

If the cop shows up, with the dash cam footage of my car ignoring a stop sign and rolling through it, I'd be more than delighted to pay the fine that day at the courthouse cashier's office.

What I don't want to do is pay a fine for something I didn't do.

The interaction the cop had with other patrons in the car is not my problem. If the cop wanted to start a problem about it, he would have done so with the patron in the car and given them a write up or whatever. The point is, the only dispute here is a ticket for Failure to Stop at a Stop Sign.

This isn't my first rodeo, and likely won't be my last.

FraserB
01-17-2017, 05:07 PM
For the record, what I care about is justice folks.

If the cop shows up, with the dash cam footage of my car ignoring a stop sign and rolling through it, I'd be more than delighted to pay the fine that day at the courthouse cashier's office.

What I don't want to do is pay a fine for something I didn't do.

The interaction the cop had with other patrons in the car is not my problem. If the cop wanted to start a problem about it, he would have done so with the patron in the car and given them a write up or whatever. The point is, the only dispute here is a ticket for Failure to Stop at a Stop Sign.

This isn't my first rodeo, and likely won't be my last.

Even if there is no dash cam footage, you are still going to be up against the word of the two officers who will probably show up for sure, all things considered. Just because there is no dash cam footage, doesn't mean it gets tossed automatically.

pinnochio5
01-17-2017, 05:08 PM
Also, I really don't see how me asking simple questions is somehow seen negatively.

I've been pulled over many times, and I always start off with the question "What seems to be the problem officer?". And they usually tell me what I did, whether I was caught speeding or didn't have a seatbelt. And my usual reaction is silence because they were right and I see it wrong to fight with justice because they are correct in that case.

I've never once had a cop react like officer Andreasen did. Most of the time they're pretty polite and are happy to answer questions I have and sometimes it forms into a nice quick roadside conversation and I'm on my way. I don't have anything against cops as a whole despite the comments of my sister. Like I said, I was really calm during this encounter.

ercchry
01-17-2017, 05:09 PM
1. Any driver's training will tell you to count to three before proceeding from a stop sign
2. Your car 100% fits the description of a known dealer in the area
3. Pics of sister (cause no one has said it yet!)

pinnochio5
01-17-2017, 05:09 PM

Even if there is no dash cam footage, you are still going to be up against the word of the two officers who will probably show up for sure, all things considered. Just because there is no dash cam footage, doesn't mean it gets tossed automatically.

Assuming what you've said is true then why would they repeatedly lie and tell me they got it on camera and that they have a dash cam?

pinnochio5
01-17-2017, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
[B]1. Any driver's training will tell you to count to three before proceeding from a stop sign

Yep I've heard it too. But it's just a recommendation, not law. Coming to a stop at a stop sign literally means, coming to a stop at a stop sign.

pinnochio5
01-17-2017, 05:16 PM

Yep I've heard it too. But it's just a recommendation, not law. Coming to a stop at a stop sign literally means, coming to a stop at a stop sign.

Failure to stop at a stop sign is failure to stop at a stop sign, you either came to a stop or you didn't. If you didn't stop, that's against the law. If you did, it's within the law.

b_t
01-17-2017, 05:20 PM
It is also possible to come to a stop then start rolling again so quickly it doesn't look like you actually stopped.. and that will get you a ticket from an annoyed officer.

I thought it was an unspoken rule that passengers never say a word when you are in the midst of a traffic stop? Make your sister pay the ticket.

Mitsu3000gt
01-17-2017, 05:26 PM
Your sister was probably the reason you got the ticket. I don't imagine you can talk to an officer like that and get nothing haha.

Anyway, if you are 100% sure you stopped properly, you have nothing to worry about because it's on camera and you will win easily.

rage2
01-17-2017, 05:27 PM
Rule #2 - Never tell the cops you're fighting the ticket when you're getting said ticket. They can easily make sure that all their notes are in order on the spot.

Tenkara Way
01-17-2017, 05:29 PM
Your polite and respectful side of the incident would have me thinking a warning and nothing more would have been issued had you been alone. You might want to not doubt what a police officer says he saw, tone it down is all it takes. This is not a poker game. But there in the passenger seat is your sister tax.

Now your grown ass sister chose made things worse, she knew she'd not be held accountable. Yet you were; read into that what you will. She is not driving, this is none her business in any way, shape or form. She chose to be abusive to the officers and you can thank her for your current predicament. The girl has anger real issues and more. But hey, we can't choose our siblings. We can ask her to cover the ticket cost. If I go to the sister's job and call her names, is she OK with it?

The officer does not need the dashcam footage, he has two cops saying what went down and months to get paperwork air tight. Officers get paid to appear in court and are happy to be off the streets, warm and a nice cup of java in hand. You'll probably get a parking ticket added to paying the fine, in the least you'll be paying fifteen bucks for parking.

You have your adult and mentally balanced side to tell and bring the sis just for the clown show potential. Courts love-love-love when the sis-sis-sis goes cra-cra-cra. At least you'll not be paying for her antics this time round.

spikerS
01-17-2017, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by b_t
I thought it was an unspoken rule that passengers never say a word when you are in the midst of a traffic stop? Make your sister pay the ticket.

You have no idea how many tickets I have saved my friends by acting drunk and obnoxious while in the passenger seat. The driver apologizes profusely to the officer while I go off the hook, and they explain they are driving me home. Officer has sympathy, and lets us go without a ticket.

Works more often than not...:rofl:

88CRX
01-17-2017, 05:40 PM
Classic beyond :rofl:

ercchry
01-17-2017, 05:45 PM

Which then gets you into this situation :rofl:

Xtrema
01-17-2017, 05:53 PM

Well whatever the cop say is what he observed. He got footages to back it up if you do contest it. Or you can also use your own footage if you have it.

The 3s thing is because cops are human. It could also be an excuse anyway to check you out. That's why everyone should have dash cams running.

And ask to review footage isn't a good idea. Cops shouldn't have the ability to view what's recorded.

I'm guilty of the same shit and has paid for it before.

mr2mike
01-17-2017, 05:58 PM
I'm positive I stopped at the stop sign

I would think the officer could see if you were lying or not.
Your nose either grew, or it didn't.
;)

md14
01-17-2017, 06:06 PM
Just go to your first appearance date, set it for trial and request disclosure. If you work downtown it shouldn't take more than an hour if your just going to set it for trial (depends on the civilian lineup). Avoid lunchtime.

Review the disclosure which will include the police officers notes on the ticket and the dashcam footage.

See if you have a case or not

????

Profit

CompletelyNumb
01-17-2017, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

http://www.laughsoutloud.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Screen-Shot-2014-12-05-at-5.52.40-PM.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

One person in this story needs a good slap.

eglove
01-17-2017, 06:16 PM
I'd make your sister pay the ticket haha

max_boost
01-17-2017, 06:20 PM
Ya lol I don't see how *you fat fuck* will help the cause. :rofl:

gatorade
01-17-2017, 06:52 PM

Rarely on the side of CPS, but this

Buster
01-17-2017, 07:05 PM
Worldstar.

kertejud2
01-17-2017, 07:28 PM

**Avoids the question because now my sister begins to chime in **

At that point my sister gets mad *snip* begins saying "fuck you" "fat fuck" to the officers.

Me (to cops):
"I just don't understand the necessity of your abrasive nature

I mean, how are we supposed to believe you when you say you came to a complete stop when you display awareness like this?

gwill
01-17-2017, 07:50 PM
Fight the ticket. Check disclosure and check to see if therr was a video. When its set over for court make sure you change the date last minute... If there is a video it makes your trial really easy.

You made a big mistake by making your stop a memorable one for the cops. You want them to remember nothing from your stop so your odds of winning in court will be better.

Ive got a distracted driving ticket ill be fighting thanks to my dash cam. The officer didnt know i had one and im sure ill catch him lying on the stand when i question him. Thanks to my disclosure i know His notes that he wrote dont match my dash cam footage... im looking forward to shredding him apart at the trial when i play my footage.

revelations
01-17-2017, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Your sister was probably the reason you got the ticket. I don't imagine you can talk to an officer like that and get nothing haha.

Bingo - your stop went from a warning to a ticket. Police members can shine lights anywhere they want.

Tell your sister to get her head out of her ass and recognize the dangers police face, at night, in the NE, on a regular basis. If your windows are tinted in the back, especially so.

OP what is your CPS history like? Are you being pulled over all the time? Do you drive a black BMW ?

Originally posted by rage2
Rule #2 - Never tell the cops you're fighting the ticket when you're getting said ticket. They can easily make sure that all their notes are in order on the spot.

Yep - also NEVER start a debate/argument roadside as it wont get you anywhere (unless youre obviously right, eg. your headlight is NOT out). Go to court and obtain full disclosure.

On the side of the road its simply "Yes constable, no constable" "Where are you coming from? - work".

Also, its not "officer" but Constable, Sargent, Corporal, etc. Make a note of this when you go to traffic court. Its not "your honour" but "your worship".

Also, get a dash cam.

revelations
01-17-2017, 08:07 PM
Link to basic traffic court information:

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi4v-qazcrRAhUM6YMKHb6qBesQFggrMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Falbertacourts.ca%2Fdocs%2Fdefault-source%2Fdefault-document-library%2Ftraffic-court-what-you-need-to-know-when-you%27ve-been-charged-with-a-provincial-offence.pdf%3Fsfvrsn%3D0&usg=AFQjCNEZ32pbeNIWwZ39dHAEMQdpwuLT7w&sig2=iXm0SiTL9NoC79ATmRaM7g

Tenkara Way
01-17-2017, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by gwill
Fight the ticket. Check disclosure and check to see if therr was a video. When its set over for court make sure you change the date last minute... If there is a video it makes your trial really easy.

You made a big mistake by making your stop a memorable one for the cops. You want them to remember nothing from your stop so your odds of winning in court will be better.

Ive got a distracted driving ticket ill be fighting thanks to my dash cam. The officer didnt know i had one and im sure ill catch him lying on the stand when i question him. Thanks to my disclosure i know His notes that he wrote dont match my dash cam footage... im looking forward to shredding him apart at the trial when i play my footage.

Why change the court date if you have such impacting evidence of your innocence?

FraserB
01-17-2017, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by revelations
Also, its not "officer" but Constable, Sargent, Corporal, etc. Make a note of this when you go to traffic court. Its not "your honour" but "your worship".

I thought it was Constable - Sr. Constable (with 1 or 2 chevrons) and then Sergeant (3 chevrons)?

For CPS anyway.

gwill
01-17-2017, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Tenkara Way

Why change the court date if you have such impacting evidence of your innocence?

Just to inconvenience them. Ill change to a different date that i pick not the courts. Maybe the cops working nights on the new date i pick. Fighting a ticket doesnt come with guarantees.. There is alot of he said she said that needs to get proven in court. You also dont know if they try and present new evidence the day of.. ive had that happen and the judge allowed it.

Sentry
01-17-2017, 09:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bdsymfc.jpg

nismodrifter
01-17-2017, 09:43 PM
I think we have thread of the year of 2017 already.

https://m.popkey.co/98d4e9/1GJN7.gif

Looking forward to following this one

OU812
01-17-2017, 09:56 PM
When did CPS get Ford Mustangs?

also love the username :rofl:

jacky4566
01-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Delete Facebook, Hit the Gym, Lawyer Up

But really. i wanna see this dash cam footage.

suntan
01-17-2017, 10:00 PM
So was the cop actually fat?

If there's coppers around I stop for a full two seconds (1-mississippi, 2-mississippi).

Also next time if you want to get out of it lift up your sister's shirt.

speedog
01-17-2017, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by md14
Just go to your first appearance date, set it for trial and request disclosure. If you work downtown it shouldn't take more than an hour if your just going to set it for trial (depends on the civilian lineup). Avoid lunchtime.

Review the disclosure which will include the police officers notes on the ticket and the dashcam footage.

See if you have a case or not

????

Profit

Profit?

Please do explain

AndyL
01-17-2017, 10:20 PM
:banghead:

4 ways, interior lights on. Keys on dashboard. Hands on steering wheel.

Yes sir and no sir are appropriate answers. Never argue roadside. Ask for permission before you go digging for insurance reg and license. They get real nervous when you start before they can see what you're doing.

It's not rocket science... Do we need to pull out the Chris Rock how not to get shot video?

ShermanEF9
01-17-2017, 10:26 PM
Lol. you sister is the main reason you got stuck in that situation. tell her to grow the fuck up.

also your time to fight the ticket is in court. arguing with a cop on the side of the road is just going to make life worse... almost as bad as calling him a fat fuck.:rofl:

also betting it was a taurus and not a mustang.

FraserB
01-17-2017, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by AndyL

I did this when I got pulled over with my Jeep, but had the windows partly down too.

Got told "relax, this isn't Texas, I'm not going to shoot you". He let me drive away from a $1000+ in tickets and a potential tow.

Aside from the guy who yelled at me and tried to claim I was trying to pull a hit and run when I reported myself rear ending someone who then drove away, all my interactions with the cops have been good.

ercchry
01-17-2017, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by AndyL

Yes sir and no sir are appropriate answers. Never argue roadside. Ask for permission before you go digging for insurance reg and license. They get real nervous when you start before they can see what you're doing.

It's not rocket science... Do we need to pull out the Chris Rock how not to get shot video?

I usually grab all docs before they even get out of their car... once I see them walking up in the mirror, roll down window and hand over docs without a word... they know what I did... I know what I did. No excuses unless they ask, then it's just the truth

My favourite is the one time when the first words out of his mouth were "is there a reason you were driving like an asshole today?!" :rofl:

Me: nothing in particular
Him: you know I clocked you at 100 (on a side commercial/retail street)
Me: really?!? Wow! I'm actually surprised this car is that fast. I usually only drive this thing at the track, but figured I'd take it out today since I just finished xyz. I only came out of the parking lot right there (less than two blocks away)
Him: ...slow down, you get a warning today
Me: thank you sir, I'll try and keep it under control

:poosie: :rofl:

nismodrifter
01-17-2017, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by speedog

Profit?

Please do explain

meme

not supposed to make sense

D'z Nutz
01-17-2017, 10:51 PM

Profit?

Please do explain

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/700-in-impound-fees-car-was-at-repair-shop-and-moved-to-street-towed-away/showthread.php?s=&postid=4609469#post4609469

AndyL
01-17-2017, 10:54 PM
LQLCF4Tiqg4

What 20 yrs old and still relevant?

phil98z24
01-18-2017, 12:29 AM

Me:

Did you actually say that?! :rofl:

This whole post just.. hmm. You claim to be the good guy in this with the cops and your sister acting foolish, yet the vibe I get from your post tells me otherwise. So for me it calls the rest into question. I know you want advice but I just have to say a few things about all of this.

You get shitty with the police and demand roadside evidence you aren't yet entitled to, get confrontational, and start questioning everything they're doing including their officer safety tactics - which I will tell you is one of the first things people do at traffic stops when they want to get into it. Huge red flag. You didn't get your way and things started escalating, all things being relative.

I'd love to believe that half of what you're saying here is true, and if it is, I'll be the first to say sorry for doubting you. I'm just not inclined to believe it based on my experience. You want justice, get it at court and do it the right way instead of getting snarky with comments about seeing them in court and the like. Those comments suggest you aren't as calm and collected as you're claiming you were.

Get disclosure, formulate your defence based on that. If they were getting that shitty with you, no one will have to bring it up in court because all the audio will be played and both sides of the conversation will be heard because there could be evidence in that, but unless it has some bearing on the evidence it will likely be ignored. But it'll be up to you to decide of you have a defence once you view the video or see their notes.

Type_S1
01-18-2017, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by phil98z24

This whole post just.. hmm. You claim to be the good guy in this with the cops and your sister acting foolish, yet the vibe I get from your post tells me otherwise. So for me it calls the rest into question. I know you want advice but I just have to say a few things about all of this.

You get shitty with the police and demand roadside evidence you aren't yet entitled to, get confrontational, and start questioning everything they're doing including their officer safety tactics - which I will tell you is one of the first things people do at traffic stops when they want to get into it. Huge red flag. You didn't get your way and things started escalating, all things being relative.

I'd love to believe that half of what you're saying here is true, and if it is, I'll be the first to say sorry for doubting you. I'm just not inclined to believe it based on my experience. You want justice, get it at court and do it the right way instead of getting snarky with comments about seeing them in court and the like. Those comments suggest you aren't as calm and collected as you're claiming you were.

Get disclosure, formulate your defence based on that. If they were getting that shitty with you, no one will have to bring it up in court because all the audio will be played and both sides of the conversation will be heard because there could be evidence in that, but unless it has some bearing on the evidence it will likely be ignored. But it'll be up to you to decide of you have a defence once you view the video or see their notes.

Serious question: if a ticket like this turns out to be complete bullshit are the ticketing officers punished at all? I think if a cop hands out BS tickets frequently that ends up wasting peoples and the courts time that they should be suspended without pay and if it happens again, fired. What bothers me with BS tickets is I have to take a day off work to go and fight it without compensation if I win. If someone wins they should also be reimbursed by the CPS or the officer directly for the vacation day taken or lost wages.

speedog
01-18-2017, 01:52 AM

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/700-in-impound-fees-car-was-at-repair-shop-and-moved-to-street-towed-away/showthread.php?s=&postid=4609469#post4609469

It's lame.

TurboMedic
01-18-2017, 07:29 AM
blah blah blah, not even worth it

you sound like a grade A fuck face.

J-hop
01-18-2017, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by ercchry

My favourite is the one time when the first words out of his mouth were "is there a reason you were driving like an asshole today?!" :rofl:

Me: nothing in particular

Yea the one and only time I got pulled over

Officer: do you have a good reason to be driving so fast?

Me: No, just being an idiot

Officer returns 5 minutes later: here is your warning keep it slow alright.

From officers I've met the worst part of working traffic is having to argue with people on the side of the road. I've learned never to question a COP. Take it up in court, that is what courts are for. "But I shouldn't have to take off time for a BS ticket". Tough, that's life. (I know you're not one of those whiners)

OP as well as the officer can you post your sister's name here. Want to make sure I walk the other way if I ever meet her....

killramos
01-18-2017, 07:59 AM

Phil you didn't speak to the most serious question...

Does CPS really have mustangs now? :rofl:

Rat Fink
01-18-2017, 08:12 AM

Tik-Tok
01-18-2017, 08:44 AM

Profit?

Please do explain

tO5sxLapAts

born2workoncars
01-18-2017, 09:10 AM
The best part is going to be when the cop shows up in court with this thread printed out.

Tenkara Way
01-18-2017, 09:32 AM
OK for closure, I'll need the following:

#1. Photo of the sister in question to determine if she is fat or not. No judgements here, pure forensics. It leads to her state of mind during her verbal assault. Big girls can call the kettle black from my observations. I'm not seeking nude pics, just to be clear.

#2. Was a Mustang involved, or was it a sedan?

#3. Did the OP stop for two to three seconds at the four-way?

#4. Were tinted windows involved on the front side windows?

#5. Do I need to buy courtroom tickets from StubHub or is it an open type seating arrangement? Who do I see about parking validation?

#6. Did this incident occur in the NE as some have speculated?

flipstah
01-18-2017, 09:34 AM

+1

Good read lmao

civic_stylez

Best Chris Rock PSA ever! Also rule " Shut the fuck up" is very important.

MalibuStacy
I love how this thread started with a few people supporting this dudes plight, then transitioned to accusatory, and now is jus making fun of the wad...

Realistically, you handled the situation poorly, and your sister is nuts. Regardless of whether the cop was right or wrong, they don't need to know that at that time. Everyone makes mistakes, even cops, and if the cop truly was wrong, go ahead an take em to court but did you really need to say that at the immediate time?

Basically you are a dick and this could have been avoided if you had just been sincere and polite...:dunno:

Thanks for the first good read of 2017 :clap:

MalibuStacy
01-18-2017, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Tenkara Way
OK for closure, I'll need the following:

#1. Photo of the sister in question to determine if she is fat or not. No judgements here, pure forensics. It leads to her state of mind during her verbal assault. Big girls can call the kettle black from my observations. I'm not seeking nude pics, just to be clear.

#2. Was a Mustang involved, or was it a sedan?

#3. Did the OP stop for two to three seconds at the four-way?

#4. Were tinted windows involved on the front side windows?

#5. Do I need to buy courtroom tickets from StubHub or is it an open type seating arrangement? Who do I see about parking validation?

#6. Did this incident occur in the NE as some have speculated?

THIS

Feruk
01-18-2017, 09:53 AM
Get disclosure, review dashcam footage.

/Thread

Originally posted by born2workoncars
The best part is going to be when the cop shows up in court with this thread printed out.
Lol to what end? Is the prosecutor gonna get him to read out the thread? Don't think so. Him behaving like an asshole or putting this thread up has zero bearing on him being convicted for running a stop sign (as long as he doesn't admit it), which is the only thing he's charged with.

Darkane
01-18-2017, 10:03 AM
No mustangs. OP can't discern a four door to a two door. Nice.

So whats the deal with the sister? Mouthy millenial? Learn some respect.

MalibuStacy
01-18-2017, 10:29 AM
In addition the flashlight in the car is standard operation when making a stop at night and when there is two cops, I saw this during a rode along last year. Your sister is just a bitch...

Tik-Tok
01-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Darkane
No mustangs. OP can't discern a four door to a two door. Nice.

So whats the deal with the sister? Mouthy millenial? Learn some respect.

What? They rock some sweet Mustangs. I've seen them all over the place.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c1/1a/22/c11a2295f41f8ff49c102ab98a1526b8.jpg

acedia
01-18-2017, 10:43 AM
You are a seriously funny dude.

Your sister has already gone on two separate profanity-laden tirades against this officer, and you come back with a calm "gee whiz I just don't understand the necessity of your abrasive nature" HAHAHAHA

Your sister got you the ticket, genius. How frickin' unbalanced is she?

Go read your first post again. Sweet sis there goes from 0 to 100 in about 30 seconds. Cop tells you you rolled through the stop sign. Tells you he has a dashcam, says you can't see the footage (so far all reasonable). Tells you why they're using a light to see in the car, again reasonable. Then right to "FU*K YOU YOU FAT FU*K". Yeah, I'm *SHOCKED* he gave you a ticket.

This isn't you and her, is it?

http://i67.tinypic.com/33eh6i8.jpg

Originally posted by pinnochio5 Later the same night I went back to that intersection just to watch cars as they approached it. I saw over 60 cars and can confirm about 2-3 cars actually came to a complete stop, every single other car (including a few marked CPS cars) approach the intersection, make sure to look around for traffic, slow down further (but never to a full stop) and then proceed. It's very common, Its the safe thing to do.

You went back and did some recon to confirm that not everyone comes to a complete 3 second stop at stop signs. Good work, detective. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/lol-052.GIF (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/skype-emoticons.html)

Aside from the guy who yelled at me and tried to claim I was trying to pull a hit and run when I reported myself rear ending someone who then drove away, all my interactions with the cops have been good.

I hear ya, man. I had a cop at the station threaten me with a stunting ticket after I laid my motorcycle down one morning. At the stop sign at the end of my street on the way to work, a combo of cold asphalt and a good layer of dust/soil from area basements being dug out, my rear wheel slid out from under me, was doing about 25 km/hr. He tells me that he knows "how these kinds of bikes get crashed" and I was lucking I wasn't getting a stunting ticket. WTactualF :banghead:

SKR
01-18-2017, 10:44 AM
I saw over 60 cars and can confirm about 2-3 cars actually came to a complete stop, every single other car (including a few marked CPS cars) approach the intersection, make sure to look around for traffic, slow down further (but never to a full stop) and then proceed. It's very common, Its the safe thing to do. I can guarantee that 98% of this forum will approach their next stop sign in a similar fashion. Its human nature, its the safe thing to do, and is the sign of a vigilant driver.

I like this. Not stopping for a stop sign is the safe thing to do, and is the sign of a vigilant driver.

JRSC00LUDE
01-18-2017, 11:00 AM
Can't read through all the posts again but, has the real question been posed yet?

OP, pics of sister? :poosie:

revelations
01-18-2017, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Type_S1

Serious question: if a ticket like this turns out to be complete bullshit are the ticketing officers punished at all? I think if a cop hands out BS tickets frequently that ends up wasting peoples and the courts time that they should be suspended without pay and if it happens again, fired. What bothers me with BS tickets is I have to take a day off work to go and fight it without compensation if I win. If someone wins they should also be reimbursed by the CPS or the officer directly for the vacation day taken or lost wages.

AFAIK there is no "official" reprimand process for many BS tickets being issued - though you will probably be called in to see your supervisor if it keeps up.

Usually if guys are continually issuing BS tickets and dont listen to the su, there is something else going on which can result in desk duty.

mr2mike
01-18-2017, 11:19 AM
In before sister posts her side of the story.

Didn't know flashlight into vehicle/face is now "looking for drugs/weapons". You so sensitive.

Type_S1
01-18-2017, 11:20 AM

AFAIK there is no "official" reprimand process for many BS tickets being issued - though you will probably be called in to need to your supervisor if it keeps up.

Usually if guys are continually issuing BS tickets and dont listen to the su, there is something else going on which can result in desk duty.

I've had 3 tickets in the last 3 years and all 3 were complete BS. I had all 3 thrown out within 10-20 minutes in court. I posted one on here where I got a ticket for not having lights on and it was still light out (and the typical beyond crusade turned on me saying I was someone lying). Showed up with real time videos that day both from the dashcam and the city real time deerfoot cameras and the judge laughed and threw it out. I wish this cop got suspended as how is it possible that they are even allowed to do this. Simply abuse of power and nothing better. I did lay into the cop after he gave me the ticket though and again after the ticket got tossed.

speedog
01-18-2017, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Can't read through all the posts again but, has the real question been posed yet?

OP, pics of sister? :poosie:

Because you're a need-to-know kind of guy...

https://pjensi.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/dodge4a1.jpg

suntan
01-18-2017, 11:35 AM

I've had 3 tickets in the last 3 years and all 3 were complete BS. I had all 3 thrown out within 10-20 minutes in court. I posted one on here where I got a ticket for not having lights on and it was still light out (and the typical beyond crusade turned on me saying I was someone lying). Showed up with real time videos that day both from the dashcam and the city real time deerfoot cameras and the judge laughed and threw it out. I wish this cop got suspended as how is it possible that they are even allowed to do this. Simply abuse of power and nothing better. I did lay into the cop after he gave me the ticket though and again after the ticket got tossed. It might make you feel better that most of the time they're not trying to abuse their power; I find that virtually all cops are simply not that bright. Heck I've had them as neighbours and they're nice enough but don't ask them to think in any capacity whatsoever.

phil98z24
01-18-2017, 11:40 AM

Not that I'm aware of, because like anything in law enforcement it's all a matter of reasonable grounds to believe an offence happened and getting there can be different from officer to officer. It would be difficult to punish someone for doing their job if there isn't hard proof that they are doing it poorly due to negligence, lack of ability, or outright lying.

If it's clear that there was no way it could have happened that way or it was made up or serious questions of how an officer could possibly keep reaching the conclusions they are, then yes, something is done about it because it's deceitful or they aren't fit for duty.

Good luck on the rest of it. I'm not 'paying' anyone for making mistakes on my job. Just because it gets thrown out or you win doesn't mean it didn't happen, it often means there isn't a strong case or it wasn't proven. Should a person bear personal responsibility for that when doing their job?

phil98z24
01-18-2017, 11:43 AM

Haha, it's news to me! :)

I would love to say yes or no, but I seriously don't know. :dunno:

J-hop
01-18-2017, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by suntan
It might make you feel better that most of the time they're not trying to abuse their power; I find that virtually all cops are simply not that bright. Heck I've had them as neighbours and they're nice enough but don't ask them to think in any capacity whatsoever.

lol, your sample base is pretty biased most likely. I definitely don't have the same impression as you.

What is it that you do? I imagine in your profession there is the same proportion of morons to smart people as police officers. People like to think police are all morons and they themselves are all smart but it's the same shit in most professions....

phil98z24
01-18-2017, 11:48 AM
It might make you feel better that most of the time they're not trying to abuse their power; I find that virtually all cops are simply not that bright. Heck I've had them as neighbours and they're nice enough but don't ask them to think in any capacity whatsoever.

You need to meet a few more. What a ridiculous thing to say. :rolleyes:

JfuckinC
01-18-2017, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by J-hop

lol, your sample base is pretty biased most likely. I definitely don't have the same impression as you.

What is it that you do? I imagine in your profession there is the same proportion of morons to smart people as police officers. People like to think police are all morons and they themselves are all smart but it's the same shit in most professions....

People don't seem to understand that, in every group there is a ratio of morons to non morons. Yes the ratio changes from group to group, but it exists everywhere :rofl:

ercchry
01-18-2017, 11:56 AM
In my experience the idiots that decide that they might want a career in law enforcement don't even make it passed the initial screening process :dunno:

revelations
01-18-2017, 12:14 PM

Your impressions are flawed - having worked and interacted on a regular basis with, dozens of cops - I found the vast majority are, at the very least, "book smart".

bjstare
01-18-2017, 12:17 PM
OPs sister sounds like a massive douchebag.

pinnochio5
01-18-2017, 12:28 PM
OP here.

You usually don't have to ask for disclosure. In my previous trials where I was wrongly accused the Calgary courthouse will call the phone number they have on file a month or two before your trial date and tell you to pickup a package of evidence they will use against you. I've never picked it up before because I've always been innocent, which I later proved to the crown.

This time I might actually pick it up/take a look at the evidence. I am extremely interested to see the video of my approaching the stop sign and stopping.

MalibuStacy
01-18-2017, 12:59 PM
OP here.

You usually don't have to ask for disclosure. In my previous trials where I was wrongly accused the Calgary courthouse will call the phone number they have on file a month or two before your trial date and tell you to pickup a package of evidence they will use against you. I've never picked it up before because I've always been innocent, which I later proved to the crown.

This time I might actually pick it up/take a look at the evidence. I am extremely interested to see the video of my approaching the stop sign and stopping.

But the most pressing question you have not answered... what's your sister like...

speedog
01-18-2017, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by MalibuStacy

But the most pressing question you have not answered... what's your sister like...

See above.

speedog
01-18-2017, 01:15 PM

You need to meet a few more. What a ridiculous thing to say. :rolleyes:

Consider the source.

revelations
01-18-2017, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by MalibuStacy

Bat shit crazy is one trait ..... that I've steered clear of (usually)

TomcoPDR
01-18-2017, 02:00 PM

Bat shit crazy is one trait ..... that I've steered clear of (usually)

I'd say at least a 7.6 by the description of her attitude

b_t
01-18-2017, 02:18 PM
best part of all this is when he was getting upset by the cop's "abrasive" nature ... how's he gonna feel when the judge sees the dashcam video, decides OP is an idiot and starts dressing him down in a court room full of strangers

when's the court datE? I would like to sit in

JRSC00LUDE
01-18-2017, 02:18 PM
Should a person bear personal responsibility for that when doing their job?

I do. I made a mistake in application/judgement a couple months ago at work and it cost 10 grand, that's going to directly affect me.... :dunno:

But realistically, you are right. That just isn't feasible in real life in that line of work, just being an ass :)

I would like to think though that, should there be a clear and continued pattern of overturned tickets from one person, that there would be some internal oversight/re-education.

On topic, I doubt the OP will win but I hope he updates the thread. It's amazing the things we can "think", and completely believe, we did out of routine that we didn't actually do at all - just assumed so.

revelations
01-18-2017, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by b_t
best part of all this is when he was getting upset by the cop's "abrasive" nature ... how's he gonna feel when the judge sees the dashcam video, decides OP is an idiot and starts dressing him down in a court room full of strangers

when's the court datE? I would like to sit in

Chances are good OP ends up in court and will have worked out a deal (lower fine) before even speaking to the JP.

max_boost
01-18-2017, 02:30 PM
This is funnier the second time around (reading it) lol