PDA

View Full Version : Skin Cancer Annual Check

Dumbass17
01-20-2017, 12:42 PM
Hey guys,
Do any of you get regularly checked for skin cancer, aka, have your moles looked at?
I am looking for a new place as the place I've been going to kinda sucks, but they're free. I have one mole in particular i'm worried about and want to get it looked at by someone that actually seems credible / like they care.

Thanks in advance

Tenkara Way
01-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Free skin cancer check? There are many places to go frugal and free in life. The checking for skin cancer is not found on that list.

vengie
01-20-2017, 03:04 PM
I had a Basal Cell when I was 18, I regularly go to Total Skincare Clinic

ExtraSlow
01-20-2017, 05:25 PM
What makes you worried about that particular mole?

lilmira
01-20-2017, 05:31 PM
Dr Van Nostrand, Dermatologist.

Dumbass17
01-20-2017, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
What makes you worried about that particular mole?
It randomly appeared on my toe and it has gotten bigger over a period of several months.

And its free cause it's covered by Alberta health but the doctor doesn't seem too thorough/caring, which is my main concern

Tenkara Way
01-20-2017, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17

It randomly appeared on my toe and it has gotten bigger over a period of several months.

And its free cause it's covered by Alberta health but the doctor doesn't seem too thorough/caring, which is my main concern

Were a mole invading new parts of the doctor's toe, he'd be concerned. Get a better opinion and new doctor, the guy is an idiot.

msommers
01-20-2017, 10:06 PM
Get a referral from your family doctor to see a Dermatologist.

ExtraSlow
01-21-2017, 09:44 AM
That does sound like it's worth checking out. I thought you didn't need referrals for dermatologist?

AndyL
01-21-2017, 11:21 AM
Longest part of my annual physical... Both grandfather's had multiple melanoma issues.

Doctor goes through every mole then books appointment to remove 1-2 every year. No referrals to other doctors should be needed.

Dumbass17
01-21-2017, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by AndyL
Longest part of my annual physical... Both grandfather's had multiple melanoma issues.

Doctor goes through every mole then books appointment to remove 1-2 every year. No referrals to other doctors should be needed.

Good for you.
I don't even really know my family doctor. Everytime I go there, the doctor has quit or left and a new guy takes his place. Probably seen 4 family doctors there in the past 5 years. too lazy to change as moving overseas in June