PDA

View Full Version : Will Trump help or hurt Canada's Conservatives?

Xtrema
01-26-2017, 02:23 PM
As Federal Conservative about to pick a leader and Alberta PC about to lose the P and merge with "drain the swamp" Wildrose, will Trump politics have an impact in the conservative brand?

Good or bad?

Sugarphreak
01-26-2017, 02:35 PM

Xtrema
01-26-2017, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Personally I think that Canadians who support the PC party don't want to be Merica' junior

That's what I used to think, but given the current Federal race and how Alberta PC is throwing some roadblock at Kenny's way, I'm not so sure any more.

sabad66
01-26-2017, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Personally I think that Canadians who support the PC party don't want to be Merica' junior
If FB comments for news articles are any way to judge, then this is totally not true. So much love for trump if you read the comments for any articles (positive or negative) about him.

HiTempguy1
01-26-2017, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by sabad66

If FB comments for news articles are any way to judge, then this is totally not true. So much love for trump if you read the comments for any articles (positive or negative) about him.

Beyond has rapidly become more liberal over the years, and still 50%+ of voters on here would have voted for him in the USA.

That's the funny thing about the "progressive" part of "conservatives"; they think they had a majority or that the right shared most of their views.

I think its now becoming apparent that the conservative's had a lot of fiscal cons/social libs in their midst when the reform and PC's got together, and that while it was a good run, some are tired of the status quo.

ZenOps
01-26-2017, 04:53 PM
Harper would have been slightly left of center compared to Trump.

Right would be: Buy a couple nukes, which I would give a thumbs up to.

Xtrema
01-26-2017, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
Harper would have been slightly left of center compared to Trump.

Right would be: Buy a couple nukes, which I would give a thumbs up to.

Harper is somewhere between Trump and old PC.

Liberal has been the one that is center or left of center.

NDP is extreme left except in Alberta, they act like Liberals.

Canadian historically don't stray too far from the center. American is always right of center even with Obama. I don't think there was ever a left of center American President in my life time.

ZenOps
01-30-2017, 03:00 PM
Rob Anders would have been aligned with Trump, but unfortunately Rob never had the guts to say that he hated Syrians and middle easterners and they should all be banned from entering the country.

I mean seriously, if you are gonna be racist and sexist and run for politics be honest about it. If you hate Black or Chinese people for whatever reason, be honest about what you don't like about them. Everyone knew he hated everything other than white, but he basically lied whenever the spotlight was on. Basically, Rob Anders had no balls.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadian-politics/mp-rob-anders-shooting-range-photo-in-front-of-turban-clad-zombie-osama-target-promotes-hatred-muslim-leader-says

Personally I think white people have an unusual fascination with rotten milk, which causes them to smell funny.

Trump just tells it the way he sees it.

suntan
01-30-2017, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Harper is somewhere between Trump and old PC.

Liberal has been the one that is center or left of center.

NDP is extreme left except in Alberta, they act like Liberals.

Canadian historically don't stray too far from the center. American is always right of center even with Obama. I don't think there was ever a left of center American President in my life time. Harper is too left wing even for the Democratic party.