PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Genesis Sedan V8 carbon issues

Phenix
01-30-2017, 10:59 AM
Well I have a 2015 Genesis sedan V8. Since new I have been having issues with the engine light coming on due to carbon build up. The issue started around 2-3000k and still going on now at 36k. I have had the car in the shop no less than 20 visits and still the so called engineers at Hyundai Canada have no friggin clue what's going on. Spark plugs have been swapped, injectors totally replaced. Canisters replaced, complete top side engine cleaning 3 times. Also from day one I've only run full synthetic oil and only premium fuel from shell and petro Canada 94 octane.

Really had it with the complete lack of respect for my time with all the bullshit and not having the problem fixed. I have really been hoping the problem would be fixed after all these visits, that it just had to be one more small problem to finally solve the issue and I could go back to enjoying the car. It's been great for everything else other than this on going problem :banghead:

Anyone else have issues like this? I'm finally going to run it through camvap to get it taken care of and have the idiots there buy it back. But I was really hoping it would get fixed and I could go back to not having to worry about crap like this on a brand new car. Also I know mine is the only one around that has had this continuing problem.

My_name_is_Rob
01-30-2017, 11:05 AM
Sounds like you need an Italian tune-up. :burnout:

Mitsu3000gt
01-30-2017, 11:09 AM
What causes the carbon build up and why does it seem to be more common in V8's? I've heard of several types of cars having these issues now, but usually only when they are older.

revelations
01-30-2017, 11:12 AM
a) does the car require premium?
b) do you drive it hard on occasion?
c) do you let it idle for extended periods?
d) is the carbon from oil consumption?

Phenix
01-30-2017, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by revelations
a) does the car require premium?
b) do you drive it hard on occasion?
c) do you let it idle for extended periods?
d) is the carbon from oil consumption?

A) yes and have been told to at dealership. Which I did from day one.
B) yes I drive it hard on occasion. The light comes on during passing situations
C) no I do not let it idle for extended periods.
D) no oil consumption.

Phenix
01-30-2017, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
What causes the carbon build up and why does it seem to be more common in V8's? I've heard of several types of cars having these issues now, but usually only when they are older.

From all the research I've done so far it's an issue with direct injection cars. But major cleaning isn't required until like 80k and mine has already had it three times.

I have also been running the fuel injector cleaner that was recommended by Hyundai Canada to try and solve the issue. It's annoying cause mines the only one with these issues.

RickDaTuner
01-30-2017, 11:32 AM
To me that sounds like an engine timing issue, as in the intake valves are early to open causing exhaust gas to enter the intake, and carbon up the valves.

The #1 cause of carbon build is oil blow by cooking off on hot valves.

Things to consider on your car would be, long term fuel trims, if lean, there's a possibility that internal seals are leaking allowing oil to blow by.

Purge valve on evap system may be leaking, or stuck open, causing fuel vapour to burn off on valves and cause build up.

I'd suggest a leaking EGR valance as well, but I'm sure this car has variable cam
Timing on the intake and exhaust as the EGR has gone extinct on Gas vehicles

Sounds like your car need a good diagnostician, of which I'm sure are lacking in the Hyuandai world.

riander5
01-30-2017, 11:32 AM
Thats shitty luck. How long till you can make em take it back as a lemon and get a new one?

Phenix
01-30-2017, 11:59 AM
It really sucks. And yes I agree no one even with hyundai Canada has been able to diagnos this problem. Been a real nightmare.

As for the lemon law, it's called camvap.inalready started the process once and that got hyundai Canada attention cause they don't like to get involved with that, but still no uck on getting the problem fixed. The initial gonat camvap I let go cause I was really hoping that the problem was going to go away and would be solved by the final fix. So I let the claim time lapse. I have started the process up again and will be following through now unless hyundai Canada replaces the car. I say replace because I don't want the car to be devalued any more than it already will be due to an engine replacement. The thing is still well within warranty and they can do something to make things right. Now if they don't replace the car, I will run it through camvap and I believe I can recoup the many many hours of wasted time back.

It's really frustrating cause I still love the car. It's a great car except for this friggin issue the idiots at Hyundai Canada can't fix and they even refuse to let me talk to anyone in engineering to get to the bottom of the problem.

Phenix
01-30-2017, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
To me that sounds like an engine timing issue, as in the intake valves are early to open causing exhaust gas to enter the intake, and carbon up the valves.

The #1 cause of carbon build is oil blow by cooking off on hot valves.

Things to consider on your car would be, long term fuel trims, if lean, there's a possibility that internal seals are leaking allowing oil to blow by.

Purge valve on evap system may be leaking, or stuck open, causing fuel vapour to burn off on valves and cause build up.

I'd suggest a leaking EGR valance as well, but I'm sure this car has variable cam
Timing on the intake and exhaust as the EGR has gone extinct on Gas vehicles

Sounds like your car need a good diagnostician, of which I'm sure are lacking in the Hyuandai world.

Where would you suggest the car going? Since this is a warranty issue I wish they would take care of the problem

revelations
01-30-2017, 12:20 PM
Have you tried a Genesis-specific forum yet? Chances are someone else has had this issue.

Also, try a catch can to see how much oil (if any) is being sent back to the intake manifold.

DI cars are still a new thing and have certain issues they need to worked out - unfortunately its the consumer who gets to do this - price you pay for the newest and best-est technology.

RickDaTuner
01-30-2017, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Phenix

Where would you suggest the car going? Since this is a warranty issue I wish they would take care of the problem

No where I could really recommend, because it's a warranty issue, I would just keep pressing the dealer.

Sadly it's up to them and their field engineers( if they have such a thing) to remediate your car.

Anywhere else and it'll be out of pocket, and whatever independent shop you take it to won't have the diag equipment, schematics or support that the Dealership would have.

I'd offer to have a look out of curiosity, but again I don't have access to a hyuandai scan tool.

Tenkara Way
01-30-2017, 12:51 PM
The car is going to be a financial liability going forward, you'll have red flags on any trade in or sale, one look at the vehicle history worksheet from Hyundai will show the car as what is... a lemon. No one will want the car. The dealer and Hyundai have had ample opportunity to sort the issue, time to lawyer up or start inviting the service techs for Easter dinner and all holidays going forward. You're on a first-name basis I'd assume.

I've read of others with new car issues, they buy a box of lemons, make some signs "Hyundai Genesis Lemons For Free (or sale)" and park in front of the dealership. Wait for the press coverage and/or dealership owner to notice you. It is easier today than ever before, social media is a fire of pain in these cases. One guy had a licence to sell fruit from a vehicle, so he was covered somewhat, zoning was as issue though.

You bought a new car to avoid spending hundreds of hours dealing with car issues.

Mitsu3000gt
01-30-2017, 01:04 PM
If others aren't having this issues, an Hyundai can't fix it - I would focus all time and efforts on getting them to replace it through the lemon law. You will probably end up doing that regardless, so better now than 6 months down the road and countless more hours of your time wasted.

Sentry
01-30-2017, 01:27 PM
Common DI car problem. Needs walnut blasting and a catchcan.

Tik-Tok
01-30-2017, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
lemon law

Canada has no such law.

jonsey737
01-30-2017, 01:47 PM
I'd just lean the mixture and run it at high power for a minute or two to burn off the lead deposits. Oh wait, this is a modern unleaded gasoline engine... :dunno: wtf. Good luck OP.

Abeo
01-30-2017, 02:12 PM
When you put fuel in it, are you stopping on the first click, or topping it up?

Mitsu3000gt
01-30-2017, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Canada has no such law.

I know I just mean the CAMVAP route, sorry for the confusion.

revelations
01-30-2017, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Sentry

Yea I've been reading about this issues online - had no idea it was this bad. Apparently catch can is one step but the engine will require periodic cleanings regardless. Mist of distilled water through the intake would be a good first step in alleviating this issue.

Phenix
01-30-2017, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Abeo
When you put fuel in it, are you stopping on the first click, or topping it up?

First click always. I'm aware of that issues. The can related to over filling has already been changed as a attempted fix.

Phenix
01-30-2017, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Canada has no such law.

It's not called lemon law, it's called camvap. Unfortunately not as agressive as lemon laws in California from what I've read

Abeo
01-30-2017, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Phenix

First click always. I'm aware of that issues. The can related to over filling has already been changed as a attempted fix.

:thumbsup:

Phenix
01-30-2017, 03:11 PM

Yea I've been reading about this issues online - had no idea it was this bad. Apparently catch can is one step but the engine will require periodic cleanings regardless. Mist of distilled water through the intake would be a good first step in alleviating this issue.

Yes I've read of these issues too. But my case is much more drastic. These carbon buildup issues usually come around 80k. Not the 20 or so times I've been in the shop with this stupid thing so far.

As for the catch can, I agree, but at this point that will only buy me a few more days before the light goes on again. There is something else that's wrong with the car.

mzdspd
01-30-2017, 05:34 PM

A catch can won't help... You need a proper air and oil separator but even that won't stop it, it will just slow it down.

But most people don't keep their cars long enough to see the effect. I cleaned my valves on my DI engine at 140k and they were gunked up but it wasn't effecting the way that the car was running. It ran perfect before and after they were done.

OP has something seriously wrong with his car. It is surprising that Hyundai hasn't been able to fix this after so many issues.

relyt92
01-30-2017, 09:04 PM
I had a 2009 Genesis V6 sedan, total lemon. Non stop issues I ditched it annoyed after like 10 months. Somehow thought that buying a 2013 Genesis 2.0T coupe would be good as Hyundai has had another 4 years to improve. Turns out that was a hunk of shit lemon too. Sold it annoyed after about a year. Hyundai Canada was totally useless and just kept saying to work with the dealer who couldn't fix the reoccurring issues. I should've at least tried CAMVAP but I just wanted out of the cars.

Hallowed_point
01-31-2017, 09:07 AM
Common DI car problem. Needs walnut blasting and a catchcan. While I agree that this will "fix" his issue (at least, temporarily) it makes me wonder why people buy DI engines. Sure, you might gain a couple of mpgs but is it really worth it to be hearing crickets and have carbon build up? :banghead: Shouldn't have to do that on a new stock vehicle imo.

jacky4566
01-31-2017, 09:13 AM

Even better would be to re route all the PCV stuff to an exhaust scavenger. They banned that with CAFE so dont tell anyone ;)

revelations
01-31-2017, 10:49 AM
My lowly EP3 Civic came with a simple, aftermarket PVC vent to atmosphere. From reading the discussion groups, apparently it causes no illl effects as far as mileage and keeps the engine internals a lot cleaner.

Wonder if something like this would work without triggering a code in a late model car like this - as essentially its combustion blow-by + oil mist that your pumping back in the engine which is then collecting everywhere.

jacky4566
01-31-2017, 12:10 PM
revelations the problem with venting to atmo is there is no vaccum draw on the crankcase. On really old cars they used something called a Road draft tube which was the first attempt to draw fumes from the crank.

Research has shown that low pressure in the crankcase will increase efficiency, makes sense since there is less windage and air turbulence. Engines with dry sumps are especially good at this since the dry sump pump will keep sucking air once all the oil is out and create a very nice vaccum.

This is why I recommend a proper exhaust scavenger. The flow of exhaust over the orifice will create the same vacuum effect.

Plus there is less chance of dirt getting into your engine that just an open pipe.

https://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/images/1189_WEBL.jpg

heavyD
01-31-2017, 12:52 PM

It's not common at all at 2-3000k. There were guys on the Focus ST forums going well over 60k without requiring walnut blasting. Deposits are a long term issue of DI engines but there's clearly something else going on with this guy's car.

Personally I would cut bait and trade it in or sell it. Every manufacturer puts out lemons and as with most lemons the issues are often extremely hard to figure out if it's ever properly diagnosed and repaired.

bart
01-31-2017, 08:02 PM
i posted the solution to this many times before in other threads, its your oil, north america uses shitty oil, even VW/Audi dealers, same engine has different stickers for different markets

premium fuel doesnt matter, nor do additives to fuel, its called direct injection for a reason lol

what you want to buy is low saps oil, clean your engine, and pour in the VW dealer oil called castrol edge pro LL03, they use it in their tdi's. in europe this oil is used diesel or gas engine, i used it in my TTRS since day 1

catch cans wont do anything

is vw in canada still pouring in 502 spec oil? 507 spec is what you want http://www.oilspecifications.org/volkswagen.php

read page19 in the PDF
http://www.oil-club.ru/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=49074

RLK
01-31-2017, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by bart
i posted the solution to this many times before in other threads, its your oil, north america uses shitty oil, even VW/Audi dealers, same engine has different stickers for different markets

premium fuel doesnt matter, nor do additives to fuel, its called direct injection for a reason lol

what you want to buy is low saps oil, clean your engine, and pour in the VW dealer oil called castrol edge pro LL03, they use it in their tdi's. in europe this oil is used diesel or gas engine, i used it in my TTRS since day 1

catch cans wont do anything

is vw in canada still pouring in 502 spec oil? 507 spec is what you want http://www.oilspecifications.org/volkswagen.php

read page19 in the PDF
http://www.oil-club.ru/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=49074

The problem with using 507.00 in his genesis is, it is the incorrect oil. The genesis oil spec is API SM GF-4 that is a low dynamic low saps oil.
Most euro applications use a high dynamic oil that fall under ACEA and manufacture ratings. 507.00 will work good in a GDI engine that was designed for high dynamic oil. The genesis is not one of those engines.

The genesis has low tension piston rings, 507.00 is too thick for them and cannot scrap all the oil off the cylinder walls. This will cause oil consumption and carbon build up on the rings resulting in even more oil consumption. High dynamic oil flows slower and cannot get into tighter tolerances, that will also cause problems.

This misfire problem is not caused from carbon build up. Carbon builds up on the valve stem and prevents it from closing all the way causing a misfire. It is not possible to build up that much carbon in 3000 km.

bart
02-01-2017, 07:42 AM
well if he is definitely putting in low saps oil, then there is another problem lol

change the oil yourself or watch the dealer pour it in, i would do that first

does SN supercede SM? ie GF5 supercede GF4, then it would find that oil, says less sludge

http://www.oilspecifications.org/articles/api-sn.php

GF-4/5 does not necessarily mean low saps

http://www.penriteoil.com.au/products.php?id_categ=1&id_products=250

that one says its mid saps and its GF-5

find a low saps GF-5 oil, clean out the carbon and see what happens, that would be my first step

revelations
02-01-2017, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by jacky4566
revelations the problem with venting to atmo is there is no vaccum draw on the crankcase. On really old cars they used something called a Road draft tube which was the first attempt to draw fumes from the crank.

Research has shown that low pressure in the crankcase will increase efficiency, makes sense since there is less windage and air turbulence. Engines with dry sumps are especially good at this since the dry sump pump will keep sucking air once all the oil is out and create a very nice vaccum.

This is why I recommend a proper exhaust scavenger. The flow of exhaust over the orifice will create the same vacuum effect.
jpg[/bimg]

Thanks, will take a look at that.

Phenix
08-01-2017, 11:27 AM
well here's an update, i have about 40K on the car now and just had a crank case sensor changed along with a full cleaning again. Hyundai canada really seems to be screwing around here. I got the car back and have to do another oil change on the car. the last one was done at the dealership and a fuel injector cleaner was put in the time. they are requiring every change gets this injector cleaner. its still a very odd problem to have since no one else that has this car has had any problems like this.

Phenix
08-16-2017, 10:57 AM
well another update to my wonderful ongoing saga. got the car back from a full carbon cleaning and this time they changed the crank case sensor. well went on my road trip to BC and within the first 300 km on the trip out the engine light went off again. under a passing situation once again. now i need to get this friggin thing into the shop again for warranty.

mr2mike
08-16-2017, 12:25 PM
Sounds like you need a full data log of all the sensors on board as you drive or move into the range that throws the CEL.

Phenix
08-16-2017, 12:35 PM
that has been done by the dealerships a few times

civic_stylez
08-18-2017, 04:00 PM
Wow, as from the windshield thread, I have the exact same car as you and have never had any of these issues. The one thing I do different from you is I run regular fuel most of the time as opposed to premium. Im sorry that youre experiencing these issues as its such a great car inside and out. Try running regular for a while as the car will de tune slightly to compensate. ( I read it goes from 420HP to 400HP on regular) and see if that changes anything.

Phenix
08-21-2017, 02:30 PM
Wow, as from the windshield thread, I have the exact same car as you and have never had any of these issues. The one thing I do different from you is I run regular fuel most of the time as opposed to premium. Im sorry that youre experiencing these issues as its such a great car inside and out. Try running regular for a while as the car will de tune slightly to compensate. ( I read it goes from 420HP to 400HP on regular) and see if that changes anything.

the windshield has been a range from 475 at windshield surgeons to 800.

the engine issue has been from the start. i had a loaner g80 and mine seems to be down on power due to this issue. Hyundai Canada has been horrible. no clue on what to actually fix and countless shop visits. I've also taken to social media a bit and Hyundai Canada has said they would contact me directly. but of course just like the entire service from them so far has been none existent. getting really sick of Hyundai Canada. they are a complete shit show in actually taking care of the problem.

And yes i still love my car except for the non stop engine issue

relyt92
08-21-2017, 08:21 PM
the windshield has been a range from 475 at windshield surgeons to 800.

the engine issue has been from the start. i had a loaner g80 and mine seems to be down on power due to this issue. Hyundai Canada has been horrible. no clue on what to actually fix and countless shop visits. I've also taken to social media a bit and Hyundai Canada has said they would contact me directly. but of course just like the entire service from them so far has been none existent. getting really sick of Hyundai Canada. they are a complete shit show in actually taking care of the problem.

And yes i still love my car except for the non stop engine issue

I had a similar experience with my 09 Genesis Sedan. Car was a total lemon and Hyundai doesn't care.

Phenix
08-22-2017, 04:38 PM
I had a similar experience with my 09 Genesis Sedan. Car was a total lemon and Hyundai doesn't care.

did you have the 4.6? its suchs i've been a long time customer and have their flagship car.

relyt92
08-22-2017, 08:20 PM
did you have the 4.6? its suchs i've been a long time customer and have their flagship car.

No, mine was the 3.8L. Most of my issues were electronic, in the ~year I owned the car it had been in for warranty work something like 16 times between diagnosis and replacement appointments. Stupid me thought Hyundai had improved so I sold that and bought a 2013 Genesis Coupe 2.0T. Turned out to be an even larger hunk of shit, which Hyundai still didn't care about. Owning my Infiniti was such an amazing change of pace after those 2 cars.

Phenix
08-23-2017, 11:25 AM
I've had a lot of hyundais before this one issue. I also still have my 2010 coupe with the 3.8. its been bullet proof so far. have the car going in again tuesday. will see how they proceed now. but Calgary hyundai has been the best shop to deal with so far.

Phenix
08-29-2017, 11:14 AM
Just dropped the car off at calgary hyundai. great service, but the management there has gotten rid of most of the loaner cars. pretty stupid since my car will be in there for a few weeks now.

One other interesting point that was discovered, Country hill hyundai replaced the crank case sensor and even in the report said the problem still persisted and yet returned the car with the engine code cleared. Pretty shitty service from country hills hyundai. they are also the ones that sold me the car. Athis point you would think someone would step up and do the right thing to make things right for once.

civic_stylez
08-30-2017, 11:26 AM
Definitely interested to see what they come up with. My 09 3.8 was flawless and my 15 5.0 has been excellent. Hearing these stories always make me nervous as my car is my office and i basically live out of it so the thought of losing it for an extended period of time is nerve racking. Ive never dealt with Calgary Hyundai before so im interested to see how they perform. Hopefully they fix it!

Phenix
08-30-2017, 02:48 PM
Hyundai Calgary has been the main dealer that ive been working with they have been good in the past. their service advisor and the mechanics have been great. the new service manager is a bit of a dufuss. I can't get a loaner car now and i know my car will be there for weeks. so i'm running my 2010 gen coupe. it's been hyundai canada directly that has be absolutely terrible. they have tried cleaning it along with no changes to try and fix the problem which is a pretty stupid useless idea. Also i tried to talk to engineering there and they flat out refused. just too ignorant to actually care to fix the car properly. Also I tried calling and asking for the western Hyundai Canada service adviser to call me and again flat out refused. completely shit service. I just want my car fixed and they just want to fuck around and never do the right thing and actually given any service.

rx7boi
08-31-2017, 01:10 PM
Hey Phenix, you're not Chris in Sage Hill by any chance are you?

Phenix
08-31-2017, 03:38 PM
Hey Phenix, you're not Chris in Sage Hill by any chance are you?

no not me. is that the guy who put something on the side of his car ?

Phenix
09-05-2017, 10:29 AM
Well an update. Still not a clue when my car will be back to me or what is going on. Also have contacted the president and CEO of Hyundai Canada as another direction to hopefully get this car fixed. pretty sad the complete lack of customer service. and the president was just touting how wonderful the service advances have been. I guess he kept his message to himself cause the people who actually do customer service have zero clue on what they are doing and

rx7boi
09-05-2017, 01:10 PM
no not me. is that the guy who put something on the side of his car ?

Ah okay. I just have a neighbor in the same cul de sac who has a 5.0 Genesis and a black 2010 GT 3.8 A/T.

Phenix
09-06-2017, 10:04 AM
Have another update on my car. The engineers that have thought just cleaning the carbon build up issues would make them go away have started looking at mapping the O2 sensor for some reason. its pretty friggin ridiculous. more screw around and lack of any actual engineering reason.

the car has been in for over a week now and still nothing. every one of the 20 times it has been in the shop it is in for well over a week

Phenix
09-06-2017, 03:09 PM
The day is full of updates. I had Hyundai Canada call me today. must have been a new group cause they weren't totally aware of the vehicle situation and that it is currently in the shop being dealt with by their engineering division. the communication between departments is pretty non existent. I sure hope they step up and make things right at this point. the amount of hours ive spent on this to date are well into the hundreds.

never
09-06-2017, 11:54 PM
You must REALLY like this car!

Darell_n
09-07-2017, 05:34 AM
The car sounds like it needs an 'under hood fuel issue' on a backroad someplace.

Phenix
09-08-2017, 09:00 AM
The car sounds like it needs an 'under hood fuel issue' on a backroad someplace.

the weird thing is it's under load and passing when the miss fire happens. its a weird issue. they should just replace the car at this point for all the hours i've spent trying to get it done right.

and yes i love the car its great for what it is. great family car and it gets me out to the mountains in the winter

Phenix
09-13-2017, 10:44 AM
another update, car is still in the shop a bunch of injectors coil packs and spark plugs have been changed and surprise it still has carbon buildup and miss fire issues. They are now sending over s special black box from Korea to help analyze the issues. this is something that has never happened before. I don't believe this special box will be able to solve the problem.

Although all of this hyundai canada seems to be working a few other angles to make things right. i'm hopeful but only time will tell.

Sentry
09-14-2017, 08:19 PM
Ey ese, I hear you have issues with cabron?

https://i.imgur.com/saQh1KY.jpg

90_Shelby
09-14-2017, 08:26 PM

the weird thing is it's under load and passing when the miss fire happens. its a weird issue. they should just replace the car at this point for all the hours i've spent trying to get it done right.

and yes i love the car its great for what it is. great family car and it gets me out to the mountains in the winter

I think he's telling you to light the car on fire. ;)

ercchry
09-14-2017, 08:39 PM
New long block, send the old engine off to the engineers to toss in the garbage, or to sort out the issues on their own time, why do you have to suffer for trying to be a loyal customer?

Phenix
09-15-2017, 11:09 AM
New long block, send the old engine off to the engineers to toss in the garbage, or to sort out the issues on their own time, why do you have to suffer for trying to be a loyal customer?

thats what i have been saying forever. getting sick of the complete idiocy of the useless engineers and even the corporate group now. I've messaged the President directly and nothing has happened. and i'm still without my car and no loaner. coming up 4 weeks now that the friggin thing is in the shop.

never
09-15-2017, 01:44 PM
No loaner? Why are you letting them off so easily??

realazy
09-15-2017, 03:29 PM
No loaner?? I would complain and get money back. I've heard of people getting months back on their lease even when they got a loaner. I know BMW credited my friend 2 months of lease payments on his 335i because he had to drive a loaner for 2 months. I would be livid if I was without a car for 4 weeks.

Phenix
09-18-2017, 09:25 AM
No loaner?? I would complain and get money back. I've heard of people getting months back on their lease even when they got a loaner. I know BMW credited my friend 2 months of lease payments on his 335i because he had to drive a loaner for 2 months. I would be livid if I was without a car for 4 weeks.

Oh trust me I'm super livid. I've been calling and messaging like crazy to get some response and still nothing. I want a new friggin car at this point.

Phenix
09-18-2017, 09:34 AM
I'm very disappointed in the response I'm getting from Hyundai Canada directly. the lack of communication is disusting along with the bullshit experimentation that has been going on since 3000KM. pretty sad service considering they are trying to launch a new brand and this is their flagship model

vengie
09-18-2017, 09:43 AM
Why don't you contact the media with your issue?

Phenix
09-18-2017, 11:10 AM
So another update today. Got a call from Hyundai Canada. told me since i was interested in a new car that i could contact genesis and Hyundai Canada would put "some" money into me getting a new car. WTF is that? so the person on the phone was pretty useless, unable to actually answer how much or exactly how they would help me out. so frustrated with getting stone walled by Hyundai Canada as always, and not having the ability to actually talk to someone who can make a difference or actually provide customer service. I called the genesis Manager for Calgary. So they had a few "options where i could change my payments. so first i was offered the new G80 sport with a lower payment and the exact same car with a higher payment. so this is all salesman bullshit to try and hide the fact that they are trying to screw me over here. the main catch is that i would have to start a new loan and start payments all over, while losing all the money i have already paid. short story fuck that. so after i picked through all the bullshit and got to the point it wasn't much of a deal and Hyundai money didn't exist. but i got employee pricing. lol. I then told him that's not the deal, it should be a direct replacement. I've had this issue since new and i'm not paying anything else. and just like with Hyundai Canada, the genesis manager was unable to make a call or provide any actual decisions to fix the problem. more run around and wasting my time and causing more stress.

In my industry if i provided customer service like the shit these clown are pulling we'd be out of business.

I have also reached out to hopefully higher up people at Genesis corporate to see if anything happens

- - - Updated - - -

Why don't you contact the media with your issue?

I have contacted Lea William Dhorty with CTV, but i don't think it's exciting enough that someone is getting screwed over by a large automotive company.

- - - Updated - - -

I also suggested this on the call today, and again a useless response from their customer disincentive group that they have never done anything like this and it would not likely happen.

Phenix
09-19-2017, 02:45 PM
So after talking with 3 people Hyundai canada, the Genesis Sales Person at country hills, and a guy from the american genesis division I still have not heard anything back, more dithering and spinning in circles. All without a vehicle

Anyone have good ideas here?

Mitsu3000gt
09-19-2017, 03:10 PM
Honestly man, it's pretty clear Hyundai probably isn't going to help you. Nobody wants to be the one to make a big decision that benefits you, so you get passed around. I see the same thing happen in my industry as well - nobody wants their name attached to anything where later someone might ask "who approved that?" I suggest contacting a lawyer if the media won't help you - that usually gets people's attention. You seem to have good documentation of everything and I think most reasonable people would agree that this isn't right.

If you have exhausted all options without resolution, your time, effort, and stress is worth something too and I would think about cutting my losses - maybe even trade it in to Hyundai if they think the car has nothing wrong with it, but you probably don't want another Hyundai haha. If the car is a lease, you might be able to end the lease early for a minimal cost. If it's financed, get something in writing from Hyundai that the car is fine, and maybe think about selling it. Either way the lawyer might be able to help you recoup some payments from loss of use.

Xtrema
09-21-2017, 08:37 AM
https://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/18/nick-murray-problematic-porsche-911-viral-video/

go social media, all platforms, twitter, facebook etc. there is no better time than now as they are trying to push the stand alone genesis brand this year.

revelations
09-21-2017, 09:26 AM
https://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/18/nick-murray-problematic-porsche-911-viral-video/

go social media, all platforms, twitter, facebook etc. there is no better time than now as they are trying to push the stand alone genesis brand this year.

Yea this - gone are the days of standing in front of the dealer with a picket sign. You can even hire someone to be your SM person for a short while. Beyond is (was?) a good place for google placement of key words as well. Blogs also were big for that as well. A790 might have some ideas as well.

Also, this is one perfect example of why we need lemon laws here.

redblack
09-21-2017, 11:32 AM
Have you considered contacting camvap, maybe they can get you a buyback from Hyundai.

Phenix
09-25-2017, 11:35 AM
I looked at camvap before, but i wasn't able to replace the car at the time. and that's all i wanted. Also I did take the social media route. I was pretty aggressive on all platforms

DonJuan
10-06-2017, 05:34 PM
Used to be a time there would be a beyond meet with picket signs and stuff. If even social media doesn't scare them I cant think of what to do. Keep us updated though. I took a 2015 V8 on a test drive couple years ago and thought it was really nice and lots of power. I was thinking of picking one up used recently, but after reading this thread I'll just avoid the Hyundai in general.

Good luck and keep us updated!

16hypen3sp
02-10-2018, 02:12 PM
Just curious...

Phenix, what is the status on this?