PDA

View Full Version : Engagement Presentation

swak
01-31-2017, 11:11 AM
So, maybe out of line asking this on here...

But, doing a presentation for new staff to get them stoked haha... Looking for new and engaging items to get everyone stoked on things and more than just a dull Powerpoint and a bit of Q and A throughout a 1 hr presentation.

Any ideas or suggestions you use yourself? Or would like to see if you were in a participants point of view?

Tik-Tok
01-31-2017, 11:14 AM
Was expecting a presentation on why your girl should be your wife.

Stop every 10 minutes and try to talk about anything that's non work related, like just try to get to know your new staff, ask them questions, etc. This gives them openings to talk to each other as new co-workers as well.

403ep3
01-31-2017, 11:25 AM
haha I thought this was about engagement with your gf :goflames:

rage2
01-31-2017, 11:53 AM
4KqOawS59tQ

ercchry
01-31-2017, 11:59 AM
Well that's going to be dependant on the subject matter (do you offer something tangible, that could be hands on for new staff?)

But the one thing, the ONLY thing that has ever got me excited to be in a boring ass meeting... is FOOD!

max_boost
01-31-2017, 12:09 PM
lol that production value :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jacky4566
01-31-2017, 12:33 PM
I'm with ercchry. Food always makes people happy. Real food not 6 fucking timbits.

nismodrifter
01-31-2017, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by rage2
4KqOawS59tQ

hahah classssssic

rx7boi
02-01-2017, 12:21 PM
1+ on real food. People love that shit.

Don't do lame icebreaker shit like "tell us a bit about yourself" or round table introductions.

I had a fun team one recently that was similar, except everyone had to write down something "no one else knows about you" and everyone had to guess who it was. That would probably work better with an established team though.

Axe
02-01-2017, 12:34 PM
What is it that you want them to walk away with/remember?

Ask them why it's important to them - engage them in the conversation so you're not the only one talking.

Why should they care/why is this important to them - try and make a connection to what the impact will be in the workplace on them.

What is the "ask" of the employee - if they want an engaging work environment then what do you expect them to do?

Lookup "marshmallow challenge" - can be a fun team building activity but takes about 20 minutes.

A shorter one could be the "i bet i'm the only who ever...." and if someone else has done that then the individual has to think of something else that no one else has done before moving on- set boundaries so it's suitable for work :).

Does your workplace do structured surveys/hold conversations on a regular basis (annually/bi-annually) on engagement - if not then it's hard to get employees to care if your presentation is the only time they really hear about it.

- bit of a brain dump - take what works and leave the rest :)

timdog
02-01-2017, 02:10 PM
tie what they are doing to a greater purpose and the vision of the company, and boom, engagement.

ExtraSlow
02-01-2017, 02:32 PM
As someone who does corporate training, whatever you are doing the message has to be simple and relevant.

If your only goal is increasing engagement, teaching people about the company and it's history or performance can work.

Or is this more like team building? Or do you hope people will learn a new skill?

I think you need to work first on more fully defining your goals and how you plan to measure your success in achieving them.

got_mike33
02-05-2017, 11:01 PM
Just have them debate on whether you should have kept your GTI or bought the ST, that will keep their interest levels up.

mr2mike
02-08-2017, 08:35 AM
What about giving away prizes like a new Cadillac El Dorado for first prize and a set of steak knives for second prize?