PDA

View Full Version : police officer charged with fraud

gwill
02-03-2017, 06:03 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/calgary/calgary-police-officer-fraud-charge-sudu-credit-card-1.3965620

This makes you wonder wtf goes through peoples mind. If your going to break the law for something so petty its probably not a great idea to steal from your fellow police officers.

stillworking
02-03-2017, 11:14 PM
He used to be a coach.

TomcoPDR
02-04-2017, 12:53 AM
Not getting much from the article though. Used a co-worker's credit card (under $5,000)... could also be when they got along, co-worker let the guy buy lunch/coffee because it was the card owner's turn, then partnership went south so partner pulled this on the guy.

RickDaTuner
02-04-2017, 01:15 AM
I remember reading somewhere, that it was an online purchase.

gwill
02-04-2017, 04:32 PM
yeah there were other links i saw that had more info. The one did say it was an online purchase.

Regardless im not sure how a police officer willingly stole from another cop. What other smart ideas did this cop try if he thought he would get away with this.

Tenkara Way
02-04-2017, 08:04 PM
A decent criminal lawyer will get this charge dropped. He said, he said situation.

gwill
02-05-2017, 12:26 AM
where do you see a he said she said situation? Ordering something online with someone elses credit card is easily trackable.

It seems the cop didnt do much to protect his identitiy when using it... should be interesting to hear how he got caught.

Tenkara Way
02-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by gwill
where do you see a he said she said situation? Ordering something online with someone elses credit card is easily trackable.

It seems the cop didnt do much to protect his identitiy when using it... should be interesting to hear how he got caught.

As in "He said I could order it." One word against another. It's called doubt and rules a decent defence strategy.

Kavy
02-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Tenkara Way

As in "He said I could order it." One word against another. It's called doubt and rules a decent defence strategy.

Your posts come across like they are written by a 14 year old. I am pretty sure I can hold my breath longer than you will last on this board.

phil98z24
02-05-2017, 03:08 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/calgary/calgary-police-officer-fraud-charge-sudu-credit-card-1.3965620

This makes you wonder wtf goes through peoples mind. If your going to break the law for something so petty its probably not a great idea to steal from your fellow police officers.

Perhaps this isn't what it's being made out to be?

yeah there were other links i saw that had more info. The one did say it was an online purchase.

Regardless im not sure how a police officer willingly stole from another cop. What other smart ideas did this cop try if he thought he would get away with this.

That's really extrapolating a lot out of this allegation, isn't it?

Maybe you've answered your own questions about this. It is easily traceable and perhaps he didn't do much to protect himself because he didn't need to at the time, and something changed. Unless you're privy to something we aren't, maybe you should consider all the angles and possibilities. I know with your myopic view of us anything we do, professionally or personally, must be untoward, but none of us really know what happened here.

gwill
02-05-2017, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Tenkara Way

It doesnt work that way otherwise there would be 100 other crimes you could get off of.

Your honor he said he wanted me to stab him.
Your honor he said i could have his car.
Your honor he said i was allowed to burn his house down..

May as well plead guilty if thats your defense.

gwill
02-05-2017, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by phil98z24

Perhaps this isn't what it's being made out to be?

Your right. He probably didnt do anything wrong. Guess we'll find out at the trial.

OTown
02-05-2017, 04:40 PM
gwill in a nutshell:

First to say people are not guilty until proven in court.
First to say cops are guilty before they even go to court.

phil98z24
02-05-2017, 05:34 PM

Your right. He probably didnt do anything wrong. Guess we'll find out at the trial.

Yes, that's exactly what I said. :rolleyes:

Sugarphreak
02-05-2017, 06:09 PM

RickDaTuner
02-05-2017, 06:35 PM
Yeah this situation is a bit odd.

I get that the CPS has had many instances of foul play lately but this seems like it should have just stayed internally.
I remember being at a Station once picking up a lost passport, and overheard an incident involving a domestic complaint of a cop beating his wife; I think that was far more news worthy than this.
But, it's the CPS who made the decision to let the media aware of this situation.

gwill
02-06-2017, 05:17 PM
Anytime a cop is charged the public deserves to know.

And if this fraud charge was an "accident" that could have been dealt with between 2 police officers why would it get to the point that a charge was needed?

IMO it throws the accident claim out the window.