PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Extreme Weather Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

eglove
02-04-2017, 09:23 PM
First big one of the year is coming. Wonder how bad it will be tomorrow

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/calgary/southern-alberta-snowfall-warning-environment-canad-1.3967443

A "potentially crippling" snowstorm is expected to hit southwestern Alberta over the weekend.

Environment Canada has issued a winter storm warning for several areas in and around Cardston County, the M.D. of Willow Creek, the M.D. of Pincher Creek, the Municipality of Crowsnest Pass, Waterton Lakes National Park and the Piikani and Blood reserves.

"A moist flow of Pacific air aloft and a dome of cold air over the region will combine to produce an extended period of heavy snowfall over parts of southwestern Alberta," said Environment Canada.

Real Ski Report: Fresh snow expected to bring best skiing of season this weekend
The snowfall is expected to taper off by Monday afternoon, but an estimated 50 cm of snow is expected. Snow in some areas could be as high as one metre.

Hazardous winter conditions are expected and travel is not recommended.

A snowfall warning is also in effect for Okotoks and surrounding areas with 15 to 25 cm of snow expected over the weekend.

Snowfalls warnings in Banff National Park and Jasper National Park were added later in the day.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-04-2017, 09:38 PM
Ice Dice is going to be a riot tomorrow. Glad my car has 3.5mm studs and a big 1/4" thick skidplate.

Tenkara Way
02-04-2017, 09:55 PM
No alert right now, might get 10 cm in Calgary, all that can change of course: https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-52_metric_e.html

Is this one of those days some were mentioning as a reason you don't need winter tires in Calgary? #studsmatter

blindsight
02-04-2017, 10:42 PM

revelations
02-04-2017, 10:49 PM
Yea winter (studded) tires suck - I cant do awesome E brake turns anymore like I used to with my stud-less winters.:nut:

Xtrema
02-05-2017, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by blindsight

Winter tires are for pussies.

I was working for Blaskin and Lane when the first batch of Blizzak tires came in, revolutionary. Before that, we had to know how to drive appropriately for the weather...

If it means those pussies don't play bumper cars with me, I'm fine.

Wait, that didn't sound right.....

nismodrifter
02-05-2017, 01:24 PM
Well, wow, we got ~30+cm in the greater Vancouver area yesterday. Total shit driving in Surrey etc, and its still snowing :nut:

Sugarphreak
02-05-2017, 05:54 PM

max_boost
02-05-2017, 06:05 PM
Drive safe you nags. It's pretty slick out there.

speedog
02-05-2017, 06:43 PM
I wonder if Vancouver has received more snow than Calgary this 2016-17 season?

nismodrifter
02-05-2017, 06:46 PM
^December 23-24 snowfall in Calgary was pretty huge, I remember arriving on the 22nd and there was clear grass everywhere.

Over here we have had numerous huge dumps, I'd be willing to bet the numbers are close. Huge variation in which part of the greater vancouver area you are in though. I left downtown vancouver yesterday AM and things were slushy, as soon as I hit the alex fraser into Surrey it was a total shit show.

Kloubek
02-05-2017, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Yes... Vancouver is fucking stupid right now.

Vancouver is stupid with just an inch on the ground. Those people just can't handle driving in winter conditions. I can't imagine what its like there right now.

Don't go to Richmond unless you want the double whammy.

Sugarphreak
02-05-2017, 07:18 PM

revelations
02-06-2017, 01:30 AM
I lived 3 years in Ditchmond and seeing the SUV's flipped over on totally flat and straight roads was always hilarious after 1cm of snow.

speedog
02-06-2017, 07:16 AM
More fresh snow overnight, yupp, this morning's commute will no doubt be a very slow one. Most two lane sections will be down to one as the no-minds can't or won't figure out where to position their vehicle - no lines means a good portion of their brain's processing will just be befuddled. Let the fun begin, I'm just glad I'm commuting in the opposite direction of most.

spikerS
02-06-2017, 07:30 AM
I decided last night that I was just going to work from home today. I can handle these road conditions just fine, but the rest of the people on the road would probably send me over the edge.

elite
02-06-2017, 07:39 AM
Wasn't too bad this morning. Saw about 4 people spin out/in the ditch. But generally was pretty decent. I left about 530 though so probably gonna get worse with the increase in traffic

BokCh0y
02-06-2017, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Yes... Vancouver is fucking stupid right now. WTF... I moved here to get the fuck away from the snow, and this is the year we get an endless snowmaggeden?

I am re-doubling my efforts to produce carbon emissions and speed up global warming

You are the reason Vancouver got all the snow, it followed you from Calgary :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Shit ton right now....didn't stop once during the night. Gone be fun!!!!

AWD + winters FTW.

mr2mike
02-06-2017, 07:58 AM
It's gonna be a bad commute.
Left about 5:30 too. Not bad but can see the makings of a brutal commute. No one in my office is here yet.

4WARNED
02-06-2017, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by speedog
More fresh snow overnight, yupp, this morning's commute will no doubt be a very slow one. Most two lane sections will be down to one as the no-minds can't or won't figure out where to position their vehicle - no lines means a good portion of their brain's processing will just be befuddled.

Quoted for the truth. Where they should be 4 lanes, there's only 2. it's days like these where I can pick out (really quickly) those who should just stay home and off the streets.
Already watched a couple of folks do their best impression of a snowmobile / plow truck while trying to tackle the new powder covering those buried lanes. only to get stuck.

come to think of it, today's commute is perfect for a sled.

Kijho
02-06-2017, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by mr2mike
It's gonna be a bad commute.
Left about 5:30 too. Not bad but can see the makings of a brutal commute. No one in my office is here yet.

:werd: Same, left at 5:30am for Coventry -> Quarry Park commute. Took about 10 minutes longer than usual just because some roads (Glenmore, Country Hills) were covered in snow and people were going slower which is OK.

As I was coming up Country Hills @ 13th NE (McDonalds/ Deerfoot) there was this guy in a Civic reversing.. I shit you not, from past the light back through in what appeared to be an attempt to get back as her perhaps missed turning into the McDonalds area there? Layed on the horn as I had to swerve out of that right lane into the middle then back into the right lane (exiting to SB Deerfoot). :guns:

Not a bad commute for the rest of it. Going home will be shit. I plan to leave at 3pm :eek:

cancer man
02-06-2017, 08:26 AM
On the other side of things Tim Hortons is backed up for blks passed 2 and good luck for coffee;.

killramos
02-06-2017, 08:26 AM
Today was pretty properly bad coming down edmonton trail into DT. Gonna be a clusterfuck once traffic picks up.

Got stuck twice in my alley due to high entering on deep snow, once on the roads it was just standard bad conditions.

Drove my wife's SUV out to Cochrane yesterday and i will admit I am a bit jelly.

I have been enjoying poking fun at the BC people who have been losing their minds over a few inches of snow. One of my family members actually visibly piled it up to take a picture of her "foot deep" snow :rofl: I can still see her palm trees in the background so sympathy is lost on me.

ZenOps
02-06-2017, 08:47 AM
Its cold out there.

I can tell because my furnace is tripping over the hot limit because the regulator at the meter is one of the ones that lets through more natural gas when its cold (temperature variable natural gas regulator)

With any luck this will be the last cold snap of the year.

J-hop
02-06-2017, 08:49 AM
This is insane. Stuck in whitefish right now. We've had almost a meter of snow since I drove up friday. Highway 3 is closed for avalanche control most of the morning. Will be an interesting trek back

taemo
02-06-2017, 08:50 AM
I'm glad we take the c-train to downtown (as long as the c-train works) as it would drive me insane dealing with the bad drivers, especially in the NE with all-season tires.

AWD + brand new winter tires = lots of fun

hoping to go to COP tonight for cheap ski/snowboarding.

rage2
02-06-2017, 09:03 AM
Somehow I made it into the office in 30 minutes making use of every known shortcut to bypass Crowchild gridlock. Feels good.

Feruk
02-06-2017, 09:09 AM
That wasn't half as bad as I expected. Annoying to see people drive so slow, but at least there was constant movement.

Mitsu3000gt
02-06-2017, 09:43 AM
Wasn't too bad today but I had to leave early. The drive home is always far worse.

All the people without winter tires doing 1/4 the speed limit down McLeod, Crowchild, Deerfoot, etc. are the cause of the majority of the traffic I am finding.

Still 1,000,000,000 times better than Calgary Transit bus or train.

FraserB
02-06-2017, 09:49 AM
Have to head downtown for 1130, hopefully all the fools are off the road or in the ditch by then.

Would see if I'll finally get to tow some people today.

Manhattan
02-06-2017, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Somehow I made it into the office in 30 minutes making use of every known shortcut to bypass Crowchild gridlock. Feels good.

Waze?

flipstah
02-06-2017, 10:14 AM
Commute was alright. Non eventful.

schurchill39
02-06-2017, 10:18 AM
Left the deep SE at 6 this morning and the amount of cars driving 30 was ridiculous. I understand slowing down in adverse weather but the people driving that slow are increasing how dangerous things are. Proper tires and drive for the conditions + your skill level. If any of those three things aren't up to snuff then stay home.

I also had a meat stick in a 300C cut me off hard on Deerfoot when the guy in his lane was doing 50 and he didn't like it. After cutting me off proceeded to give me the finger. Classic Calgary.

schocker
02-06-2017, 10:20 AM
I feel as if people who drive to work every day should know where they lanes are :rofl:

Took an extra say 10 minutes doing my usual route.

lilmira
02-06-2017, 10:29 AM
So much snow by the curb. Got sucked in a few times. The car in the second left me no room to pass. Other than that, it is winter, suck it.

Sentry
02-06-2017, 10:34 AM
Stayed at the GFs place anticipating a shit commute from my place. :rofl:

10 mins from her place vs. 30 from mine or 1hr+++ in a snowstorm.

Me checking traffic maps this morning:
Yxcs5Kuooic

tirebob
02-06-2017, 10:34 AM
Studded Firestone Winterforce on a 2wd F150 and zero issues! They were made for weather like today... Commute today was slow but always moving so no complaints.

flipstah
02-06-2017, 10:37 AM
Top tip: Don't drift around in an E-Class. People think you're an elderly person in distress.

95EG6P
02-06-2017, 10:38 AM
Couldn't make it out my ally so called it a day

ExtraSlow
02-06-2017, 10:41 AM
Honda fit had zero problems this morning. Although i did have to dodge around half a dozen assholes on "all-season" tires who were stuck in the lane. Also, fucking bendy busses on centre street can fuck right off. How those behemoths don't have better tires or something is beyond me.

88CRX
02-06-2017, 10:50 AM
Like others said the drive this morning wasn’t too bad. Road weren’t great but there was so much snow on the ground the winter tires were gripping fine. Later when it get icy will be way worse.

Cool story bro time…. Last night the roads were worse, was merging on to deerfoot and had some ass-clown tail me and flash his high beams (as my traction control was going crazy, was super icy) and then shoot 2 lanes around me as I was avoiding a tow truck on the shoulder. Was praying for some karma and that he’d spin out in the ditch so I could give him an f-you salute as I drove by. Bro needed to chill out in his Hyundai race car.

Good luck everyone on the commute home. haha

BokCh0y
02-06-2017, 10:57 AM
Took me longer to shovel the snow than to get into work. 30 minutes to get into downtown following the back roads.

Kloubek
02-06-2017, 10:58 AM
My Infiniti handled the conditions with aplomb. Now if those people too scared to drive in these conditions could just not do 50 in the fast lane on Stoney, I would have actually made it to work on time. I mean, I know it's the one lane that is perfectly clear, but I'm sure if you were only going 50 you could handle the snow in the right lane, could you not?

BigDL
02-06-2017, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
My Infiniti handled the conditions with aplomb. Now if those people too scared to drive in these conditions could just not do 50 in the fast lane on Stoney, I would have actually made it to work on time. I mean, I know it's the one lane that is perfectly clear, but I'm sure if you were only going 50 you could handle the snow in the right lane, could you not?

I agree, move the hell over if you are going to go that slow. Happens all the time on Stoney in the Nw when it snows like this.

reiRei
02-06-2017, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by killramos

I have been enjoying poking fun at the BC people who have been losing their minds over a few inches of snow. One of my family members actually visibly piled it up to take a picture of her "foot deep" snow :rofl: I can still see her palm trees in the background so sympathy is lost on me.

oh, it snowed in BC...

http://i.imgur.com/88pPVFA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YBghQuK.jpg
There's a FiST under there somewhere...

Hallowed_point
02-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Dude in his RAV4 going 20 Km/hr through bridlewood @ 615 AM. I was so tempted to do a flyby on his ass :banghead: :winter:

03ozwhip
02-06-2017, 11:21 AM
wife measured 8 inches so far in Strathmore and still coming down like a bastard. meanwhile up north we haven't gotten much compared to southern ab, but it is fucking way colder.

revelations
02-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Very tempted to buy a snow blower.... last winter swayed my decision one way but this winter is swaying it another.

Only issue is storage ..... damn

drtoohotty1
02-06-2017, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by revelations
Very tempted to buy a snow blower.... last winter swayed my decision one way but this winter is swaying it another.

Only issue is storage ..... damn

greatest decision I made 2 years ago I will never go back, I can do mine and 2 neighbors double car driveways and sidewalks in less then 15 minutes

Sonic
02-06-2017, 12:18 PM

Nissan/Infiniti Snow mode FTW!!!!..I still stuck to the right lane... Worried about others hitting my car, unfortunately, my windshield cracked all of the sudden this morning:banghead:

FraserB
02-06-2017, 12:28 PM
If anyone needs a hand out of the snow in the south, I'm around all day

killramos
02-06-2017, 12:32 PM
my car today:

http://i.lvme.me/b30gu81.jpg

Vdubbin
02-06-2017, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by J-hop
This is insane. Stuck in whitefish right now. We've had almost a meter of snow since I drove up friday. Highway 3 is closed for avalanche control most of the morning. Will be an interesting trek back

We left Saturday thinking it was going to be a shit show to get home. But I would have loved to stay for the snow.

codetrap
02-06-2017, 02:35 PM
One hour to shovel the driveway, 15 minutes to drive to work.

Bought a snowblower today.

bigbadboss101
02-06-2017, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
One hour to shovel the driveway, 15 minutes to drive to work.

Bought a snowblower today.

I am tempted. What model did you get? Doesn't take me too long to do driveway and sidewalks plus neighbors' sidewalks but 3x a day is not that exciting.

Xtrema
02-06-2017, 02:51 PM
my car today:

Meh, saw a brand new M2 just came thru 17ave, no problem at all.

shakalaka
02-06-2017, 03:22 PM
Edmonton has been surprisingly good compared to Calgary. It's been snowing today but no way near the Calgary level and it's super light snow.

Saw the new that it snowed 80 cm in Chilliwack, BC. :eek:

ZenOps
02-06-2017, 03:34 PM
Its pretty much the best type of ski snow, powder. Confirm?

flipstah
02-06-2017, 03:42 PM
my car today:

When all else fails, full throttle. :rofl:

asp integra
02-06-2017, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
Its pretty much the best type of ski snow, powder. Confirm?

Yes! I have friends that are down at Castle right now, 3 feet in the last 2 days, needless to say i am super jealous. That being said the ski hill reported 'sold out' of lift tickets so only early people were able to ride.

Kloubek
02-06-2017, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
wife measured 8 inches so far...

Can't believe nobody threw in a "that's what she said" comment until now...

flipstah
02-06-2017, 04:20 PM

Can't believe nobody threw in a "that's what she said" comment until now...

That's because we're not petulant children.

https://i2.wp.com/media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luoo8jQIDq1qguxfm.gif

blubs
02-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Honda blower has done near half the houses on the block, Neighbours keep knocking on my door asking if they can borrow it... Beer fridge will be stocked for a while! :)

adam c
02-06-2017, 07:49 PM
Live on a snow route.. asshole neighbor doesn't give a fuck and won't move his car for this or even when they do street cleaning, hopefully he gets towed but I doubt it

He's the only car parked on the street, fucking dipshit

spike98
02-06-2017, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101

I am tempted. What model did you get? Doesn't take me too long to do driveway and sidewalks plus neighbors' sidewalks but 3x a day is not that exciting.

I'm on my third season of my Craftsman 22" single stage. For what we get here it's all I need. Bonus is the rubber paddle scrapes the ground bare as opposed to the 2 stage ones.

Ive never maxed this thing out and it throws it enough for my needs. $500 at Sears a while back on sale. All blowers should be on sale soon.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Took me 35 minutes from Hamptons to Adesa in Airdrie at 7am this morning. Scariest drive of my life flat towing my company car behind a F150 with all seasons.

Then it took me 1 hour and 30 minutes to get from Adesa to Parkdale at 4:15pm this afternoon, at least half that was spent stuck between Deerfoot and John Laurie on McKnight behind the dolts who had shitty tires, shitty tires and shitty driving skills, or just shitty driving skills trying to take off from lights.

01RedDX
02-06-2017, 08:25 PM

Kloubek
02-06-2017, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

That's because we're not petulant children.

https://i2.wp.com/media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luoo8jQIDq1qguxfm.gif

Ouch.

firebane
02-06-2017, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by adam c
Live on a snow route.. asshole neighbor doesn't give a fuck and won't move his car for this or even when they do street cleaning, hopefully he gets towed but I doubt it

Have a guy on our street doing this too. We moved both vehicles into our alley and hopefully won't be an issue with the garbage truck tomorrow.
I am honestly surprised at how shitty the roads were allowed to get.

cyra1ax
02-06-2017, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by blubs
Honda blower has done near half the houses on the block, Neighbours keep knocking on my door asking if they can borrow it... Beer fridge will be stocked for a while! :)

Lucky, my idiot neighbour(god love him) keeps shovelling the walk at 7-8AM and has been doing so since Saturday...haven't had enough snow left to justify breaking out my Toro! Worst part is he knows I have a snowblower and will happily do his walk for him...:banghead:

bourge73
02-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by blubs

You don't happen to live in Coventry Hills do you ? Near Nose Creek School? There has been a blower going for damn near an hour +now ...lol

speedog
02-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by firebane

Have a guy on our street doing this too. We moved both vehicles into our alley and hopefully won't be an issue with the garbage truck tomorrow.
I am honestly surprised at how shitty the roads were allowed to get.

I don't think it's a case of being allowed, just that the CoC just doesn't have the resources to throw at even a minor snow event such as this to meet many resident's wants. I suppose the CoC could but then it would mean cuts elsewhere or increased taxes - it would be interesting to find out how Edmonton handles their snow or Montreal.

It's just kind of difficult in Calgary - do you keep a huge inventory of equipment and manpower on standby for very rare events like this latest one when it is quite uncommon in Calgary. Then again, we do live in a place where winter is expected but it seems that people do not want to be inconvenienced by winter.

There really is no easy answer for any of this - for the next 72 or whatever hours that the snow route parking ban is on, I would dearly love to see every vehicle parked on a snow route ticketed and towed to the impound lot. The city always threatens and yet I can guarantee without a doubt that there will be at least half a dozen vehicles on 40th Avenue NW just west of James Fowler High School that will remain where they are - the plows will just go around them and nothing will change.

Kijho
02-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Coventry friends; how 'bout that that stop sign @ the Husky Gas station :dunno: :rofl: Always so nervous approaching that coming in from the right of way side that someone's just gonna slide right through....:(

born2workoncars
02-06-2017, 10:27 PM
Winched out 3 cargo vans today. DHL, Purolator and a TELUS van.

The kid in the telus van was flooring it in neutral once I winched him out, and thought he was still stuck :nut:

rage2
02-06-2017, 10:34 PM
Saw an AWD CUV stuck slightly uphill in the snow today because of shitty tires. Pretty cool to see all the wheels spinning and going nowhere.

spikerS
02-06-2017, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Kijho
Coventry friends; how 'bout that that stop sign @ the Husky Gas station :dunno: :rofl: Always so nervous approaching that coming in from the right of way side that someone's just gonna slide right through....:(

Yup, i slow way down for that one.

But there are 2 that are even worse. Turning right after coming down the side of Coventry Hills elementary, and turning south at the lights after that.

Kijho
02-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by spikerS

Yup, i slow way down for that one.
But there are 2 that are even worse. Turning right after coming down the side of Coventry Hills elementary, and turning south at the lights after that.

:eek: I don't live that far in so I don't see those ones!

Country Hills Blvd @ 14th NE (McDonalds) was worse this morning. It's horrible bumpy/ rutted - semi's stuck in the ruts, car's stuck on the adjacent side, it was an all around cluster f*ck at 6am this morning :rofl:

bigbadboss101
02-07-2017, 08:06 AM
The bridge decks are icy for sure. The one on Beddington to Deerfoot people were going 30km. One from Deerfoot to Memorial wasn't icy yet people still go slowly. Then of course you get people who fly down the Deerfoot at 110km as well.

mr2mike
02-07-2017, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Probably the worst response by the city's roads dept, ever. I have never seen so much sheer ice on Calgary's main roads before.
Agreed. I was worried I wouldn't make it up 14th St yesterday.

Light sprinkle of gravel this morning but not much on my route from NW. They must be saving all the gravel to make into Frac sand for when the boom happens.

flipstah
02-07-2017, 08:18 AM

Ouch.

I kid. 10/10. Would laugh again.

So the plow session has now made the roads rougher than a teenager's face.

I thought I bent a wheel last night! Today is going to suck, especially in the DT underpasses

J-hop
02-07-2017, 08:50 AM
would be nice to see either the city or insurance companies bring in some sort of incentive to get winter tires. Holy crap people were getting stuck on crowchild heading north up the hill to McMahon last night. Wasn't even very icy at all....

klumsy_tumbler
02-07-2017, 09:07 AM
would be nice to see either the city or insurance companies bring in some sort of incentive to get winter tires.

YES. I wish something like that would happen. 90% of the time that you see someone stuck, it's because they have crap tires on their vehicle.

I understand that good winter tires could be considered a little pricey, but I'd rather pay that price up front than get raked over the coals with increased insurance premiums after an accident that could have been prevented with winter tires :dunno:

Aleks
02-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by adam c

Towing will be largely complaint based. If you called 311 they likely will come get it.

Brent.ff
02-07-2017, 09:18 AM
Impressed by the stupidity of some... Pushed a lady out of her driveway, as in her words "well they plowed, so i just gunned it'..rather then taking the 3 minutes with a shovel

88CRX
02-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Brent.ff
Impressed by the stupidity of some... Pushed a lady out of her driveway, as in her words "well they plowed, so i just gunned it'..rather then taking the 3 minutes with a shovel

Yup people are dumb when it comes to winter driving :banghead:

Some roads are OK but holy fuck some are the worst winter conditions I've ever driven on. Pegean Trail between Stoney and Deerfoot is shear ice. Double length dumb truck was stuck and sliding sideways at one of the light, couldn't even get going, just digging ruts with its tires.

Hallowed_point
02-07-2017, 09:50 AM
would be nice to see either the city or insurance companies bring in some sort of incentive to get winter tires. Incentives for bicycles, not cars. Remember: Nenshi.

rage2
02-07-2017, 09:58 AM
Holy crap people were getting stuck on crowchild heading north up the hill to McMahon last night. Wasn't even very icy at all....
My favorite are all the new playground zones on hills. Having 30km/h limit doesn't allow cars to get a run up the hills so they can only make it 1/4 way up. The law breakers running up to 60km/h barely make it up to the top. Busses are just stuck and rerouting haha.

Mitsu3000gt
02-07-2017, 10:11 AM
It was WAY worse today than it was yesterday for some reason. Really icy at every intersection, everyone sliding around on their all seasons. Supposed to be warm by Thursday, it can't come soon enough.

lilmira
02-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Some sections do look kinda shiny after they plowed the road. I went to the office an hour earlier to avoid the rush. Spend some time on the treadmill.

Yesterday was actually not too bad going home. I thought it was going to take a lot longer.

flipstah
02-07-2017, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
It was WAY worse today than it was yesterday for some reason. Really icy at every intersection, everyone sliding around on their all seasons. Supposed to be warm by Thursday, it can't come soon enough.

So long as it doesn't freeze the next day. Then I'm staying inside.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/57839903.jpg

CPS dick move: speed van on that playground zone on a hill lmao.

Xtrema
02-07-2017, 10:24 AM

It's gonna be 2c by weekend.

Surprisingly, I have no problem with traction today at all.

Mitsu3000gt
02-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Haha lucky you flipstah.

Yeah yesterday was shockingly decent, almost normal commute time to/from work from the South. Maybe a lot of people took the day off after Super Bowl Sunday.

Today was brutal. Tomorrow should be better and then in the plus temperatures by Thursday. Hopefully this is the last cold snap of the year.

Originally posted by Xtrema

It's gonna be 2c by weekend.

Surprisingly, I have no problem with traction today at all.

The radio said +10 but they are ALWAYS wrong, I have no idea where they get their data from haha.

I had no traction issues either, I love my tires. I find most people in SUV's and Minivans don't have winters, as they always seem to be the ones sliding all over the place.

Tik-Tok
02-07-2017, 10:37 AM

The radio said +10 but they are ALWAYS wrong, I have no idea where they get their data from haha.

Weather Office says 10 Sunday, 11 Monday, but anything past 3 days in Calgary is just an informative guess.

BigDL
02-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Boss told me to work from home again, this is nice. But man I think out by where the office is it is supposed to be -40 with the wind chill. FUCK NO

Mitsu3000gt
02-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Weather Office says 10 Sunday, 11 Monday, but anything past 3 days in Calgary is just an informative guess.

Well that would be amazing, fingers crossed! I am so tired of this.

eblend
02-07-2017, 10:50 AM
Worked on Sunday for an emergency call out for work, so took today off. Looks like a good day to take off.

Yesterday almost side swiped a parked car trying to enter the main road in my community. Started moving....then turning....and then it wasn't really turning, so on the brakes...I don't know how close I got...but I would say within an inch. I was just sitting there waiitng for impact...but it never came. So god damn lucky. I don't know how it didn't connect, I was ready for my day to be ruined. Needless to say I took it very easy rest of the way, and left work early to avoid the rush hours. I swear it felt like Glenmore wasn't plowed at all around Mount Royal.

Sentry
02-07-2017, 10:57 AM
would be nice to see either the city or insurance companies bring in some sort of incentive to get winter tires. Holy crap people were getting stuck on crowchild heading north up the hill to McMahon last night. Wasn't even very icy at all....
THAT was fucking stupid. Took me almost 20 minutes to get from Kensington Rd to 24 ave at 7ish PM last night, after the worst of the rush should be over.

There was a fucking open diff piece of shit 1 wheel drive flatbed tow truck that was stuck in the middle lane doing 0.3km/h pathetically spinning one side of it's tires.

Me? No problem with RWD on 2 year old studded winters with studs worn down by yours truly.

Hallowed_point
02-07-2017, 10:58 AM
2 hours to get from downtown to bridle hood for me last night. Unreal..even my sneaky short cuts didn't work

mazdavirgin
02-07-2017, 11:32 AM
:dunno: All the roads are OK till you get into the foothills industrial park. Then it's pure ice ruts all over the place. The semi's and large trucks have just turned the roads into a bunch of ice craters. You just get jostled around between ruts and pot holes can't even really drive in a straight line you just go where the ruts lead. First time I have been wishing I would have had studded my Blizzaks...

mr2mike
02-07-2017, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

CPS dick move: speed van on that playground zone on a hill lmao.

Joke's on them... this is what everyone's license plate SHOULD be looking like. Mine does.
http://www.carpages.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/20110205144221ENPRNPRN7-LOJACK-LICENSE-PLATE-1y-1296916941MR-300x225.jpg