PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Cbr250rr

Power_Of_Rotary
02-05-2017, 10:18 PM
Planning on picking this up once it is available in HK. Its only 250cc but it is more than enough for a slow traffic city.

Im not a big sportsbike guy but this bike has sold me with the sexy bod.

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/2017-honda-cbr250rr-review-specs-sport-bike-motorcycle-cbr-250-rr

RickDaTuner
02-05-2017, 10:29 PM
Tons of interesting tech on that bike, and a very cool engine design, even has counterbalance weights for the twin piston design.

Don't know if I could do super sport for city commuting though, maybe the fact that it's a 250 and smaller than a 1000, or 600 may take some strain off the shoulders.

I'm sure It's peppy though

OTown
02-05-2017, 11:23 PM
250 is way way too small for me. Not only in size but in power. Barely even go up to highway speed without high revs.

ercchry
02-05-2017, 11:27 PM
That's actually some solid power for a 250

And 0-100 in under 5s with a top speed of nearly 180 isn't terrible... that's like Duke 390 numbers, but with a much higher revving motor

RickDaTuner
02-05-2017, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

Totally Breaks the 100hp/l barrier...

Definitely impressive:thumbsup:

Power_Of_Rotary
02-06-2017, 12:17 AM

And 0-100 in under 5s with a top speed of nearly 180 isn't terrible... that's like Duke 390 numbers, but with a much higher revving motor

good point.

I live in HK right now and highways or freeways are as limited as it gets. I am lucky to be cruising at 30km/h inner city.

More concerned on the ride comfortabilty with so much traffic

ercchry
02-06-2017, 12:29 AM
I'd personally go for a light weight naked bike if that's the need, much more comfortable and the higher, wider bars make for better maneuverability

Power_Of_Rotary
02-06-2017, 12:44 AM
I'd personally go for a light weight naked bike if that's the need, much more comfortable and the higher, wider bars make for better maneuverability

I do like naked bikes but they cost more.. especially used bikes here. I think this bike is worth trying anyways. If its priced under 8k USD im in (this is because tax issues in HK.. all bike prices are doubled)

OTown
02-06-2017, 12:44 AM

Yeah I agree. You will hate your sport bike and posture in traffic and low speeds. Its really hard on the wrists and shoulders.

I am personally about to sell my sportier bike for a more adventure/touring bike for that exact reason.

ercchry
02-06-2017, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Power_Of_Rotary

I do like naked bikes but they cost more.. especially used bikes here. I think this bike is worth trying anyways. If its priced under 8k USD im in (this is because tax issues in HK.. all bike prices are doubled)

Cb250f or 300f? Those both have to be cheaper than a cbr250rr, no?

Or maybe even the smaller dukes? If they exist? Not sure what bikes hk would get vs India or North America

RickDaTuner
02-06-2017, 12:59 AM
I'd say keep it simple and go with the CB250f, the KTM 250 duke is an nice bike, along with the Benelli 250 TNT, but they are both notoriously unreliable.

You could get the 250rr, and just convert it into a street naked bike. Swap over the risers and bars from the 250f and you get the comfort and the engine with pep.

ercchry
02-06-2017, 01:08 AM
^^Probably still have rather rear, rear sets... which might be weird or uncomfortable depending on height of rider

Is the 250 Duke that bad? My 390 has been great, zero issues and I've flogged it pretty good for two seasons and a fair amount of weight on it haha

But I think the NA bikes get Austrian QC, not sure about HK...

RickDaTuner
02-06-2017, 01:19 AM
True on the rearsets, didn't think about that.

It's not the engines that I have heard fail on the Dukes, it's the electronics, and KTMs in house modules.
I have a friend, who bought a 390 and it's been in the shop for 9 months out of a years ownership, due to a bad tacho stalk, the dealer tried replacing everything, PCM, Fuse Block, Staor... etc
Last I heard it was back in the shop.
There's that instance, and I've heard other people at the track complain about them too.

But I may be just hearing the bad side from a select few, because my KTM Dirtbike has been pretty solid, and I put that thing through hell, it is a dirtbike tough. A 250, or 390 duke looks like a fun bike

ercchry
02-06-2017, 01:34 AM
Yeah the 390 has been super fun, your dirt bike is austrian built, while the 390 and smaller dukes and rc are Indian built, there was a few hiccups for sure with the early ones, but those were mostly second and third world bikes since we didn't get the 390 till '15, and besides one batch of bikes with bad fans I haven't heard much on issues, but also haven't been following the forums since the first season

snowcat
02-06-2017, 04:09 AM
My KTM 1290 Superduke has been great, only a taillight needed replacement dude to it wiggling loose and breaking the threads