PDA

View Full Version : Where to Buy a New Battery?

Ben
02-08-2017, 02:17 AM
Howdy!

I need a new car battery and I'm looking for a place that has one for an actually reasonable price.

Its a BCI Group 79, so not available through Costco Walmart or Canadian tire (They can order it for several hundred bucks lol)

Anyone have any hookups for a good deal on a Car Battery?

Help a brother out!

Cheers!

Ben

Buster
02-08-2017, 02:18 AM
BMW?

:burnout:

Thaco
02-08-2017, 07:29 AM
did you actually check costco in store? their in store availability is a lot different than online, also they have a compatibility book in store so even if they don't have the exact one you need, they can suggest one just slightly physically smaller, but likely the came CCA. I just went through this with my wife's car a couple months ago.

you could also try these guys, i bought my 6v trailer batteries from them a couple years back, pretty reasonably priced. https://www.cdnrg.com/applications/transportation/automotive

R154
02-08-2017, 09:05 AM
+1 on Canadian energy.

It's of 42nd street and 114th. You'll see it from the main road.

Find out if you know someone with an industrial account. The discount is sometimes pretty significant.

They stock any kind of vehicular battery.

Great warranty service as well.

flipstah
02-08-2017, 11:26 AM
There's an Interstate Battery depot in Calgary around Peigan Trail. That's where I got a rare size for my old Land Rover.

I think they provide discount if you surrender an old battery.

never
02-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by R154
+1 on Canadian energy.

It's of 42nd street and 114th. You'll see it from the main road.

Find out if you know someone with an industrial account. The discount is sometimes pretty significant.

They stock any kind of vehicular battery.

Great warranty service as well.

Picked up a couple of batteries for the diesel from them a bit ago. Good price and the batteries are designed for Canadian winters (brand is Canada Proof).

Tik-Tok
02-08-2017, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

I think they provide discount if you surrender an old battery.

You mean the core charge?

Ben
02-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Its for a Cadillac. Yes I actually checked costco. Not part of their inventory. What we get in Canada isnt what they get in the USA either. Walmart sells the damn thing in the USA for under a hundred bucks.

Called a few places recommended. Theyre gonna call back. Cheapest so far was still over 200 bucks which I find rediculous out of principle.

Tik-Tok
02-08-2017, 05:17 PM
You don't NEED a group 79, any battery it's size or smaller will work, so long as the CCA are still close that's what really matters.

Edit: you might just have to extend your wires if the posts are out of reach, which is all of $20 to do.

Ben
02-08-2017, 05:37 PM
I need that battery. The battery is under the rear seat. It vents to the outside via hoses. There is a finite amount of room and means to mount it. Trust me I would go buy the 78 group one for half the price if I could.

flipstah
02-08-2017, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

You mean the core charge?

Perhaps. I don't remember; just gave them a shitty battery and I got it cheaper haha.

Thaco
02-08-2017, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

Perhaps. I don't remember; just gave them a shitty battery and I got it cheaper haha. thats core charge, and you didnt get it cheaper, its basically like a drink bottle deposit, they charge you extra and when you bring back the old one you get a refund of your deposit. (because the dead stuff still has value from the various materials that can be recycled from it)

flipstah
02-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
thats core charge, and you didnt get it cheaper, its basically like a drink bottle deposit, they charge you extra and when you bring back the old one you get a refund of your deposit. (because the dead stuff still has value from the various materials that can be recycled from it)

Ohhh okay, nice. :thumbsup:

thetransporter
02-08-2017, 05:53 PM
avoid Canadian tire

Tik-Tok
02-08-2017, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Ben
I need that battery. The battery is under the rear seat. It vents to the outside via hoses. There is a finite amount of room and means to mount it. Trust me I would go buy the 78 group one for half the price if I could.

That sucks then. No wonder they can charge a premium on them.

eglove
02-08-2017, 06:08 PM
pm'd