PDA

View Full Version : Well, avoiding the illegals was fun while it lasted...

HiTempguy1
02-08-2017, 06:17 AM
http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/news/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/worried-about-trump-asylum-seekers-braving-the-freezing-prairie-winter-to-walk-into-canada&pubdate=2017-02-08

I knew it would eventually happen, now we will start to get to enjoy what Europe and the USA have dealt with in the past decade. Tens of thousands of illegal immigrants every year. Maybe we need to #buildthatwall

Sugarphreak
02-08-2017, 06:42 AM

HiTempguy1
02-08-2017, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
We've been lucky to have such vast physical barriers that cuts down on it, but yeah, with the US it is going to force a lot of new illegal immigrants that decide to skip the line into Canada through their border.

As the world population continues to spiral out of control, one day the starving masses of the world are just going to march into this part of the world.

I agree with the first bit. The second bit? I actually was thinking of you this very morning while watching THIS video.

QsBT5EQt348

People aren't leaving their birthplaces because they are starving, they are leaving because people are actively killing them :dunno:

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/robert-fulford-the-strangely-hidden-reality-of-the-near-miraculous-victory-in-the-war-on-poverty

You just haven't been looking. Fascism is much more worrisome from the regressive left:

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/barbara-kay-fascism-in-america-sure-but-not-because-of-you-know-who

ZenOps
02-08-2017, 09:07 AM
Yup, but Germany still has it worse. They've got a solid 2 million Syrians alone looking to relocate.

Every corner of the world is going to have border issues, with the exception of maybe a North American island or two. Seriously though, if you are one of the few thousand who even make it to Canada to try a border crossing, that is a crazy impressive feat for any refugee.

Turk and Caicos! Welcome to Arstotska!

Gestalt
02-08-2017, 09:56 AM
Why is this a problem?

Why is anyone scared?

obviously the people upstairs want prolonged conflict and refugees. To What end, idont know.

Antonito
02-08-2017, 10:00 AM
As someone from Vancouver this barely rates a shrug. That town in Manitobas in a shitty position because they don't have enough space and population to absorb any large amount of new people in general

sputnik
02-08-2017, 11:21 AM
You do realize that people who apply for asylum aren't technically "illegals" right?

They are fully documented and processed and the system knows who they are.

The people you should be worrying about are those that come to Canada with a travel visa and never go home.

There are likely TONS of illegals who are just relatives of people in Canada who work for them, live with them and function as citizen but don't pay taxes.

RickDaTuner
02-08-2017, 11:27 AM
They may come, but I doubt they'll stay undocumented.

It's pretty touchy in my eyes to get paying work here without a valid SIN, and most jobs who pay out cash daily are already filled by local people in need.

It's just going to be a bunch of refugee applications, most of which I'm sure will be denied.

revelations
02-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Having a couple dozen immigrants is not a big deal. Emerson can and should be able to deal with this.

Having a sudden influx of 100,000 mass migrants, is a big deal - even in a country as vast as ours.

HiTempguy1
02-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by revelations
Having a couple dozen immigrants is not a big deal. Emerson can and should be able to deal with this.

You didn't read the article. Canada is starting to get 1,000's of these per year.

Just because someone has refugee status, doesn't mean we want them, especially if the USA won't take them. Refugees should not get to "shop" for a new home, they aren't really refugees at that point.

sputnik
02-08-2017, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by revelations

Having a sudden influx of 100,000 mass migrants, is a big deal - even in a country as vast as ours.

Sure. However the only way we will see 100,000 mass migrants crossing the Canada/US border will be if at least 99,900 American citizens are fleeing their country.

It would be pretty hard for 100,000 Mexicans or South Americans to cross through the US undetected and get to the Canadian border.

sputnik
02-08-2017, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

You didn't read the article. Canada is starting to get 1,000's of these per year.

Just because someone has refugee status, doesn't mean we want them, especially if the USA won't take them. Refugees should not get to "shop" for a new home, they aren't really refugees at that point.

And many are denied their refugee status.

Case in point. The Ghanian that tried crossing into Manitoba over Christmas has been denied.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ghanaian-asylum-seeker-denied-refugee-status-1.3971527

TL911
02-08-2017, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

+1!

There are so many "TEMPORARY" foreign workers that are doing the same. Not to mention all of the ones that have expired visa's but remain here.

HiTempguy1
02-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Case in point. The Ghanian that tried crossing into Manitoba over Christmas has been denied.
[/url]

A 29-year-old Ghanaian asylum seeker's fate will remain in limbo for at least the next 10 months.

There is no f*&king way he will ever leave this country. You and I both know that :guns:

jacky4566
02-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
There are likely TONS of illegals who are just relatives of people in Canada who work for them, live with them and function as citizen but don't pay taxes.

Among other reasons, this is why I support a progressive consumption tax instead of income tax. Illegals get screwed since they pay full tax and those reporting their low/ middle incomes get refunds.

mr2mike
02-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by jacky4566

Illegals get screwed since they pay full tax and those reporting their low/ middle incomes get refunds.

Um no, Canadian citizens get screwed. Paying into our programs and health care for years only to see it get heavily burdened via people who have only paid a few yrs into it or not at all.

jacky4566
02-08-2017, 02:21 PM
Not sure what you mean Mr2Mike? I'm not talking about taxing savings directly or a UBI system.

Under progressive consumption tax. Families would report their taxable income to the CRA, and also their annual savings, as many now do for RRSPs and other tax-exempt retirement accounts. The difference between those two numbers—income minus savings—is the family’s annual consumption expenditure. That amount, less a large standard deduction—say, $30,000 for a family of four—is the family’s taxable consumption. Rates would start low and would then rise much more steeply than those under the current income tax.

So if your not reporting, then every purchase is taxed at 25%GST or whatever the rate is.

TurboMedic
02-08-2017, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike

Um no, Canadian citizens get screwed. Paying into our programs and health care for years only to see it get heavily burdened via people who have only paid a few yrs into it or not at all.

I can attest to this. I very often see and deal with people who have been "relocated" here by family who came here shortly before them, often they are elderly, and will never contribute, due to advanced age, but sport shiny health cards....not judging, just stating fact

phreezee
02-08-2017, 08:44 PM
Hope they screen for child molesters

http://globalnews.ca/news/3235690/man-charged-after-multiple-sexual-assaults-at-west-edmonton-mall-waterpark/

Gestalt
02-08-2017, 08:48 PM
So i read an interesting stat. In the US, armed toddlers kill more people each year, than refugee terrorosts. :rofl:

Gestalt
02-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by phreezee

http://globalnews.ca/news/3235690/man-charged-after-multiple-sexual-assaults-at-west-edmonton-mall-waterpark/

Was Ezra interviewing Jason Kenney on scene by 10:35?

rx7_turbo2
02-08-2017, 09:21 PM

What's that big pink loop slide? Is it new?

phreezee
02-08-2017, 09:48 PM
It's all fun and games until someone gets grabbed by the pussy, amirite?

rage2
02-08-2017, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2
What's that big pink loop slide? Is it new?
Was there 2 years ago when I went. Trap door straight drop and into an almost inversion.

Hallowed_point
02-09-2017, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Um no, Canadian citizens get screwed. Paying into our programs and health care for years only to see it get heavily burdened via people who have only paid a few yrs into it or not at all. Exactly why I am not going to retire in this country. It ain't what it once was. :banghead:

bjstare
02-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Was there 2 years ago when I went. Trap door straight drop and into an almost inversion.

Was there back in early 2013 last time I was there as well.

Mitsu3000gt
02-09-2017, 10:53 AM
A happier story among all the doom and gloom:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38922168

phreezee
02-09-2017, 11:51 AM
We all need to educate ourselves on diversity. Some signs might help.

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/78/590x/secondary/Germany-swimming-pool-guide-482220.jpg

HiTempguy1
02-09-2017, 12:01 PM
We all need to educate ourselves on diversity. Some signs might help.

http://i.imgur.com/egich0J.gif

:rofl:

Hallowed_point
02-09-2017, 12:13 PM
Are we allowed to cut off hands under Sharia law for pedos? :dunno:

LOL^^at Hightempguy's gif :clap:

Mitsu3000gt
02-09-2017, 04:07 PM
:rofl: That GIF is 10/10

rx7_turbo2
02-09-2017, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by cjblair
Was there back in early 2013 last time I was there as well.
I guess it's been longer than I thought since I was last there.

HiTempguy1
02-17-2017, 04:51 PM
http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/chris-selley-as-trumps-refugees-stream-into-canada-will-our-immigration-policies-hold-up

Just wait, I'm calling it now, spring 2017 in Canada will be the year of illegal immigrants into Canada. For those laughing and scoffing at the USA and all their troubles with Mexican illegals, we're probably in for a taste.

rage2
02-17-2017, 05:08 PM
I hope the Mexicans come here and bring along their full service $10 full detail car washes haha.

ZenOps
02-18-2017, 02:07 PM
3L1IvKOkO70