PDA

View Full Version : Freshii

TomcoPDR
02-13-2017, 06:42 PM
Any ballers go to this place on the regular? I'm aware I'm on the entry level of the Beyond old man crew, but geez, these "healthy" fast food places popping up seems (to me) like they're charging any arm and leg.

Two salad bowls (and they both look the same to me, even though there're like 5-9 selections and you can "customize"), two drinks, $46. Did eating clean extended my life? Perhaps. At this rate, I'd get to live long enough being a broke ass 90yo Beyonder, in no time minimal wage at $50/hour with tipping at 200%.

I do applaud them not putting in "tip option" on their machine.

Great service, friendly staff. This was at Glenmore Landing Freshii.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/image1_zpsp1ta8suz.jpg~original

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/IMG_3382_zpscrskdlkj.jpg~original

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/IMG_3389_zps2nnu4502.jpg~original

Deetz
02-13-2017, 06:49 PM
Most meals there are tasty, but yes, pricey!! Not all locations are equal in my experience though. A newer location by Deerfoot mall seems to be the worst operated. Every time I stop in, the same salad arrives different. They ran out of bacon one day, and chicken another....really, chicken? Considering their business, you'd think they would be better organized.

Xtrema
02-13-2017, 06:57 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/freshii-ipo-1.3959710

They are growing like crazy. I think they probably grew way to fast and have supply chain issues.

I think their stuff being a bit bland (17th Ave location across Best Buy) and the trend is taking off. There is now a Fork & Salad right across from Freshii to cash in on the health craze, not much better and more expensive. Both are busy as hell.

Marsh
02-13-2017, 07:18 PM
I guess the trend is to eat healthier/fresher or whatever, but most places seem to just charge arm and a leg for average food. Freshii isn't any different IMO. Not bad but definitely average, but not worth $10 + for a simple salad

born2workoncars
02-13-2017, 07:30 PM
People are muppets. It's so easy to do better at home.

Dumbass17
02-13-2017, 07:37 PM
Freshii is absolute garbage. Tried it twice. Bland, boring and expensive. I can't believe there's more than one. I hope they all close so something better can use the space.

That's how I feel haha

flipstah
02-13-2017, 07:45 PM
$46 for that? Jeezus

bourge73
02-13-2017, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
Freshii is absolute garbage. Tried it twice. Bland, boring and expensive. I can't believe there's more than one. I hope they all close so something better can use the space.

That's how I feel haha

Tell me how you really feel ? Lol glad I read this before my gf dragged me to this place. $46 holy shitballs that's crazy

:nut:

NoPulp
02-13-2017, 07:49 PM
I enjoy these TomcoPDR food reviews. :thumbsup:

suntan
02-13-2017, 09:05 PM
I'd suck Tomco's moobs for a Souplantation in Calgary.

Prelude_dude
02-13-2017, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by NoPulp
I enjoy these TomcoPDR food reviews. :thumbsup:

Usually Tomco reviews are amazing. 5/5.

This one is 5/5 for content, but lack of wifey cleavage -1. Therefore 4/5.

bjstare
02-13-2017, 09:51 PM
The reason it seems so expensive is because they got drinks. My wife and I used to go there when we lived closer to one when we didn't have time to cook and wanted to grab something quick but didn't want fast food. Routinely got a soup and noodle bowl, both with chicken, and IIRC it was always under $30. (never once ordered drinks)

When compared to other fast food, I found it to be worth the extra money. :dunno:

Obviously it's easy to do better at home, but that involves time for cooking, doing dishes, and going to the store for anything you don't have on hand.

dj_rice
02-13-2017, 09:55 PM
Boobs are alot smaller than the other girl. Bring back the friend and less wifey! :rofl: :rofl:

TomcoPDR
02-13-2017, 10:34 PM
Yeah, it's insane for salad and health drink.

Anyway, moot point eating healthy for lunch, when dinner was at Denny's. :banghead: Those were just the appetizers, had an entire beef skewer skillet. They got a new menu about 8-15 months ago I believe. The Denny's on Macleod is so ghetto, but feels just right. Central for everybody around the city, fair game for meetup.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/thumbnail_20170213211900_001_zpstmcomwoo.jpg~original

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/IMG_3391_zpsmobkpkj1.jpg~original

Dumbass17
02-14-2017, 01:29 PM
People eat dinner at Denny's? I thought it was strictly for drunk assholes at 3am?:nut:

Mitsu3000gt
02-14-2017, 03:08 PM
I go there at least a couple times a week, I'm really happy with it (that location too - good staff). ~$10/meal is pretty standard and reasonable IMHO. That's all the bowls are with your choice of protein. I've had almost everything on the menu and I think they all taste significantly different, I have been enjoying the variety. It's a lot of food too, I can't always finish it. The burritos are the same, they are heavy and it's a lot of food.

I don't know how you got to $46 though with 2 bowls and 2 drinks, I have never had anything that expensive there. It's $24 every time I go there and pick up food for two with some "energy bites" on the side. If you add two smoothies I think they are around $7/each which is normal compared to Jugo or similar and it would still be well shy of $46. Maybe they have some expensive stuff on the menu I've never seen before. When you say drink though, at first I assumed water or pop - a blended health smoothie is different.

I go there for lunch downtown sometimes too and it's $10, same as everywhere else pretty much.

They are insanely popular downtown, the wait is ridiculous. Lots of reasonably healthy food for ~$10 is pretty good for people tired of Marcellos and Sunterra.

locust
02-14-2017, 03:32 PM
Not all things are actually healthier at Freshii.

If you look at the calories and sodium content for some of these bowls with dressing it's quite interesting.

IE. If you look at things like the Pangoa bowl, 770 calories with 1777mg of sodium. In comparison, a big mac is 530 calories with 1020mg of sodium.

https://www.freshii.com/static/menu_pdfs/13.pdf

http://calorielab.com/restaurants/mcdonalds-ca/big-mac-sandwich/3008/38436

jwslam
02-14-2017, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by locust
IE. If you look at things like the Pangoa bowl, 770 calories with 1777mg of sodium. In comparison, a big mac is 530 calories with 1020mg of sodium.
Who eats a big mac w/o fries and drink? :nut:

I do like Freshii stuff (never been to your location) but I agree it seems expensive for what you get.

schocker
02-14-2017, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I like Freshii but some of the stuff that seems like it should be healthy is really high in calories like the pangoa bowl. If I want to eat real healthy, I just go to fresh choices though

locust
02-14-2017, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

Who eats a big mac w/o fries and drink? :nut:

I do like Freshii stuff (never been to your location) but I agree it seems expensive for what you get.

I agree no one eats just a big mac on its own.
A big mac meal with medium fries and a medium root beer is about 1020 calories and 1340mg of sodium. Some things on that Freshii list isn't always better.

ExtraSlow
02-14-2017, 05:02 PM
Damned rookies. What you do at McDicks is buy a McNugget happy meal, get the small fries with it, have a tiny sprite, and then have a big mac burger on the side.
930 Cal, 1370 mg Salt, 37 grams Protein.

Pretty well rounded meal, good price, much recommend.

tonytiger55
02-14-2017, 05:07 PM
I usually go to the Deerfoot Mall Location. My experience has been the opposite. It has been pretty good.
But yest it is pricing. When they start of add chicken and a drink combo.. it starts to add up. :cry:

spike98
02-15-2017, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by born2workoncars
People are muppets. It's so easy to do better at home.

Not only is it easier....its also cheaper. Its likely even healthier as you know there is no preservatives in your food trying to help the bottom line of a business.

max_boost
02-15-2017, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Boobs are alot smaller than the other girl. Bring back the friend and less wifey! :rofl: :rofl: haha looks like new girl~ !

just gotta get a couple bolt ons. :bigpimp: everyone wins!

BigMass
02-15-2017, 10:54 PM
I like it. No clue what the issue is about price. $7-$9 for a bowl and it fills me up (never get extras). But I have found major issues in consistency between locations, so after I find a good one, I usually stick to it. Same issue I found with Chopped Leaf.

FraserB
02-15-2017, 11:53 PM

A big mac meal with medium fries and a medium root beer is about 1020 calories and 1340mg of sodium. Some things on that Freshii list isn't always better.

The biggest difference though is if I eat McDonalds at 1PM, I'm hungry again by 6. If I have a wrap or salad from Chopped Leaf or Freshii, I'm good to go until 8ish and probably won't even bother to eat at that point.

Neil4Speed
02-16-2017, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by FraserB

The biggest difference though is if I eat McDonalds at 1PM, I'm hungry again by 6. If I have a wrap or salad from Chopped Leaf or Freshii, I'm good to go until 8ish and probably won't even bother to eat at that point.

I have the same kind of experience as well. The 8 Ave place location is slaaamed around 11:30 though, your waiting for 30 minutes for sure.

Its a bit expensive but the portions are big and it definitely fills you up. I find it a tad bland though flavor wise.

johnlennon
02-19-2017, 11:35 AM
They all make the salads different. 17th ave and Pump hill location throw everything in a bag and shake it (squishing the lettuce / making it look like shit). The Sundance location legit gently tosses the salad and cuts the Avacado slices directly on the top. I think the busier ones just launch everything in that plastic bag and throw it around as fast as they can to serve the next person. To expensive. COOP Salad bar gets your more bang for your buck .

Manhattan
02-27-2017, 04:40 PM

I almost always eat a big mac on its own. Nutritional value of the sandwich on its own is not terrible. It gets real bad when you add the deep fried potatoes and tub of sugar.

Freshii is stupid over priced and I hope this food trend ends in a hurry. Taste is nothing to write home about and all of their crap is something you could easily throw together at home if you have health stuff in the fridge.

Tik-Tok
02-27-2017, 05:53 PM
It is expensive, but I just cut one in half for two lunches, 450cal apiece, and $6 each. No different than eating a chicken burger for $6.

Dumbass17
02-27-2017, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
It is expensive, but I just cut one in half for two lunches, 450cal apiece, and $6 each. No different than eating a chicken burger for $6.
Except Freshii is gross.
I'd rather lick Scarlett Johansen's taint...wait.. bad example