PDA

View Full Version : LR Discovery Series II reliability

StairQuesadilla
02-15-2017, 09:31 PM
Always loved how the Series II Discovery's looked and saw a good deal on kijiji and tempted to buy it. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them and things to look for.

After some quick googling I read that the '03 had a water pump issue, but the vehicle I'm interested in is a '04 so I should be safe from that.

The vehicle would mostly be used for daily driving. trips to the mountains, and throwing hockey gear in, etc.

In terms of maintenance, I'm pretty familiar with Japanese vehicles but have no experience with Land Rovers whatsoever. Is there a reputable shop in Calgary that deals with older Land Rovers?

Any input is appreciated! Thanks guys.

s dime
02-15-2017, 09:51 PM
The rover shop in Calgary was excellent when I owned one.

FixedGear
02-15-2017, 10:03 PM
I had two of those, they are total piles of shit. Super unreliable and expensive as fuck to fix. Shittiest vehicles ive ever owned except my 1988 Hyundai Excel.

flipstah
02-15-2017, 10:09 PM
The Rover Shop is where I went to for parts. Many parts were bought there lol.

AndyL
02-16-2017, 08:50 AM
Do you know all English vehicles use Lucas electronics?
You know Lucas electronics owns the patent on the short circuit right?

In towing - I never towed 1 single land rover, that wasn't suffering from an electrical issue. And I towed a lot of them, they almost rivaled dodges in frequency.

TRS is awesome, dealer will make you scream...

They're a poor choice for a DD - fun choice for occasional weekend warrior and play toy...