PDA

View Full Version : Full XPEL Wrap Recommendations

Pages : [1] 2 3

Illusive 4-2
02-17-2017, 12:25 PM
Looking at wrapping my car with either XPEL Ultimate or XPEL Stealth this spring and would like to get some opinions from those of you who have done a full wrap on your vehicle; which shop did you take your car to and how did it turn out? Any issues with the quality of work received? How did the wrapped edges turn out? Thanks in advance!

Redlined_8000
02-17-2017, 01:10 PM
Refine Auto.

Highest quality wrap in the city.

georgemagana
02-17-2017, 02:20 PM
1+ for Refine Auto. Got some stuff done by them last summer and going back this spring to get some more Xpell :)

NewLextasy
02-17-2017, 10:06 PM
+3 Refine all the way

djmr2
02-17-2017, 10:43 PM
Tint tech for me! Curtis and team did a great job. :thumbsup:

Sorath
02-17-2017, 10:45 PM
^ curtis @ tint tech

italianstylez
02-17-2017, 11:30 PM
Jared at premier or shadow.

TYMSMNY
02-18-2017, 01:46 AM
Curtis @ Tint Tech. wrapped two cars now with XPEL Ult. what a beaut!

Tej.S
02-18-2017, 02:42 AM
Another +1 for the guys at tint tech. Had xpel ultimate and tint done by them. Awesome team, absolutely no complains.

JordanLotoski
02-18-2017, 11:13 AM
I use Thompson's Graphics for all my cars

npham
02-18-2017, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by JordanLotoski
I use Thompson's Graphics for all my cars

I used them as well. Amazing work, but not the cheapest.

rlim891
02-21-2017, 09:59 AM
Have you considered SunTek films?

Based on my years of experiences with SunTek, Xpel and 3M Pro series...Suntek is actually better.

It has less orange peels and because of how the film is made, less stretch marks. Price is also less than Xpel Ultimate.

Now if you are worrying about warranty, SunTek has a new hydropobic film which offers 10 years warranty to match Xpel's.

As for installers, +1 for Darren at Thompson. (even though we install it as well)

Illusive 4-2
02-21-2017, 11:51 AM
rlim891, who are you with? Was curious about SunTek, I didn't know they have a different film available with a similar warranty to XPEL Ultimate. I will be replacing some older 3M that has started to look a bit weathered and want something a little more durable and has good self-healing properties; most queries point towards XPEL Ultimate, but am always open to suggestions.

I've historically gone to Refine and have gone there for many years, however I wanted to do my DD and contacted a bunch of shops around town for quotes. I did have some stuff done from Thompson before as well, as they were the installer for the dealership I bought my car from. Both Refine and Thompson have been great to me, however I did see a lot of positive feedback on Tint Tech and have contacted them for a quote.

All are within 10% of each other on XPEL Ultimate so it's really coming down to who I trust most with my car. I was going to go stealth, but after getting a sample last Friday and testing it on the car, I'm thinking I'll stick with the gloss look as the colour doesn't lend well to a stealth finish (dark grey/silver) but want to re-do a bunch of the film that was previously applied and would like to get the edges wrapped for a cleaner look.

Thanks for all of the input; it doesn't look like we have a clear cut winner as all three mentioned in this thread were in my short list. From the sounds of things, I don't think I could go wrong with either one of the three and it will most likely come down to pricing.

rlim891
02-21-2017, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Illusive 4-2
rlim891, who are you with? Was curious about SunTek, I didn't know they have a different film available with a similar warranty to XPEL Ultimate. I will be replacing some older 3M that has started to look a bit weathered and want something a little more durable and has good self-healing properties; most queries point towards XPEL Ultimate, but am always open to suggestions.

I've historically gone to Refine and have gone there for many years, however I wanted to do my DD and contacted a bunch of shops around town for quotes. I did have some stuff done from Thompson before as well, as they were the installer for the dealership I bought my car from. Both Refine and Thompson have been great to me, however I did see a lot of positive feedback on Tint Tech and have contacted them for a quote.

All are within 10% of each other on XPEL Ultimate so it's really coming down to who I trust most with my car. I was going to go stealth, but after getting a sample last Friday and testing it on the car, I'm thinking I'll stick with the gloss look as the colour doesn't lend well to a stealth finish (dark grey/silver) but want to re-do a bunch of the film that was previously applied and would like to get the edges wrapped for a cleaner look.

Thanks for all of the input; it doesn't look like we have a clear cut winner as all three mentioned in this thread were in my short list. From the sounds of things, I don't think I could go wrong with either one of the three and it will most likely come down to pricing.

Rich and Darren are both great installers. Darren offers Suntek films as well. Their new film is called SunTek Ultra.

I'm with SR International. We strictly do paint protection. Coatings and films only. If needed we can show you a comparison on Suntek and xpel films to help you decide :). Now keep in mind PPF industry has blown quite big at SEMA last year. There are about 5 more PPF manufacturers offering self healing, hydrophobic and optical clarity.

AllGoNoShow
03-05-2017, 10:37 AM
SunTek from Darren & AJ @ Thompson goes on all my stuff. Last F450 had 260k/km on standard SunTek, peeled a bunch of it off and only about 3 of the major major rocks barely went through, the truck looked amazing for the amount of highway abuse it had seen.

Z still rocks their SunTek from ~7+ years ago I think, looks great still vs. 3M vehicles we have in the family.

Maxt
03-06-2017, 06:48 PM
Whats the cost on average to do a 2 door coupe?

rlim891
03-09-2017, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Maxt

With PPF it really depends on what coverage you are looking for and film.

The average full front (24" Hood/fenders/mirrors/bumper) retails anywhere between $550-$650 with some of the top installers/shops.

benyl
03-09-2017, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Maxt

Full wrap?

$3500-$6K depending on the grade of film and the size of the car.

Khyron
03-10-2017, 03:21 PM
Are the new films considered hail proof (aside from the softball size flukes)?

Mitsu3000gt
03-10-2017, 04:08 PM
I'm going to guess that no film is hail proof, and no film maker would ever take the risk of advertising as much due to the variability of things like hail. I'm sure it would mitigate it though, especially the really small stuff that probably wouldn't do much damage anyway. Golf ball hail though, all bets are off haha.

B18C
03-10-2017, 09:23 PM
I had my car wrapped at Refine. They did a pretty good job. They had to go back and redo a couple sections but I'm pretty anal with that stuff. I'd recommend them. Shadow Tint is good as well.

killramos
04-24-2017, 12:19 PM
Bump:

Anyone had a full prep detail, 3M, and protection coating (cquartz or equivalent) done in Calgary recently? Auto Obsessions style good quality one stop shop type of work (sorry not driving to Edmonton to get a car cleaned...)?

Does refine do coatings (in particular the coatings that can be applied with 3M/expel)?

gpomp
04-24-2017, 12:51 PM
I think SR international does coatings and films

Tej.S
04-24-2017, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by killramos
Bump:

Anyone had a full prep detail, 3M, and protection coating (cquartz or equivalent) done in Calgary recently? Auto Obsessions style good quality one stop shop type of work (sorry not driving to Edmonton to get a car cleaned...)?

Does refine do coatings (in particular the coatings that can be applied with 3M/expel)?

I had ceramic coating applied to my car at SR International. Nothing but good things to say about Rainer and his team. They did a phenomenal job, attention to detail was first class :thumbsup:

Buster
07-04-2017, 05:48 PM
bump.

for a weekend non-daily is it worth it to get the ceramic or opti-coat? Seems the bigger benefit there is the easier maintenance on a daily driver.

rlim891
07-04-2017, 06:02 PM
Benefit of nano coatings not only provide easy maintenance. Remember the main purpose of these coatings are for protection. Which is why they were called paint protection coatings. Offering high chemical resistance (acid, alkaline, bird poo etc), UV resistance and somewhat of a light scratch resistance. The extreme gloss, slickness and easy to maintenance are more of an added bonus. There are many types of coatings to suit all needs. Ranging from $500-$1200.

zerofighter
07-04-2017, 10:57 PM
Bump:

I just had my M3 re-delivered to me after my European Delivery and I brought it straight to Jed (previously Mobile Reflections but now manages the Porsche detail department) for the paint correction and he did an amazing job, he called me to confirm when I'm coming to pick up the car because there was an area he wasn't 100% happy with. Immediately after I picked up the car I drove it directly to Darren at Thompson Graphics where I had a lot of Suntek Ultra PPF applied with edges wrapped. If you are debating regular Suntek or Suntek Ultra, the Ultra is worth it, it is a lot less tacky than any of the films I've seen which is a huge bonus for me. On a side note, from my research and talking with a few installers, I would go Suntek over Xpel as I've heard that it has better clarity and it is much easier to work with resulting in a better install.

Today I dropped off my car back to Jed at Porsche for a final clean and touch up then Opti-Coat Pro+ will be applied. Once I get the car back I'm happy to show the results but so far I'm extremely happy with both Jed's and Darren's workmanship and customer service. I've used both before for my 899 Panigale and girlfriend's 328, prices from Jed and Darren are very reasonable.

Regarding Jed/Mobile Reflections - Do some research here on Beyond, he is quite well known and regarded as one of the best detailers. His passion of the subject shows through his work and his customer service is top notch. I'm sure that Jed could have done the PPF but I've used Thompson's before and like their work, Jed had no issues with my bringing the car outside for PPF then bringing it back for a touch up and Opti-Coating.

thorin33
07-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Another thumbs up for Jed. Had my wife's new XC90 Opti Coated (Opti Coat Pro+) and PPF done at Porsche. Top notch work and wonderful customer service.

shakalaka
10-18-2019, 11:40 PM
Bump:

If you plan to wrap your entire car in either a clear wrap or stealth wrap do you still get it detailed and ceramic coating before doing that? How does it work exactly in terms of what you do if you want to wrap the entire vehicle?

ThePenIsMightier
10-18-2019, 11:58 PM
Bump:

If you plan to wrap your entire car in either a clear wrap or stealth wrap do you still get it detailed and ceramic coating before doing that? How does it work exactly in terms of what you do if you want to wrap the entire vehicle?

I'm no expert, but a nano coating prior to wrap doesn't make sense, to me. The surface should simply be perfectly clean so that the wrap can adhere.
After the wrap deteriorates and needs to be replaced you should have that clean surface so that the wrap can either be repaired or removed. I wouldn't expect it to adhere correctly if the base surface was truly nano protected in the first place because how is it supposed to bond to a surface that is gloriously treated to prevent ANYTHING from sticking to it. If you want to nano the wrap afterward to add protection, that seems rational but coating prior to that just seems like using clear coat in place of primer before actually painting. That sounds crazy.
$0.02

shakalaka
10-19-2019, 12:04 AM
^That was exactly my thinking. So people would likely then get a detailing first, wrap the entire car in stealth or whatever wrap and then ceramic coat for further protection. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Buster
10-19-2019, 12:07 AM
they will usually wash the car for you.

Disoblige
10-19-2019, 12:14 AM
^That was exactly my thinking. So people would likely then get a detailing first, wrap the entire car in stealth or whatever wrap and then ceramic coat for further protection. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
That is correct. You need to have a detailing to ensure paint is not contaminated and as clean as possible before film is applied. Then you can ceramic coat on top if you like. You do not put ceramic coating before film.

I have full XPEL Ultimate with Opticoat+.

killramos
10-19-2019, 06:28 AM
Any good PPF install involved a thorough detailing / paint preparation to ensure the install goes properly. It’s a huge part of the cost.

Ceramic on top of PPF won’t really protect the car any better, but will make it look better and far easier to clean.

benyl
10-19-2019, 06:31 AM
Shadow does a full decontamination before putting on the film. They also wax the film after. I’m getting Stek which has a hydrophobic coating built in.

shakalaka
10-19-2019, 09:27 AM
Shadow does a full decontamination before putting on the film. They also wax the film after. I’m getting Stek which has a hydrophobic coating built in.

If you don't mind, share how much it's all costing you and exactly what is being done. Feel free to PM if you prefer. Thanks.

rage2
10-19-2019, 10:07 AM
If you don't mind, share how much it's all costing you and exactly what is being done. Feel free to PM if you prefer. Thanks.
benyl and I get all our cars done at shadow. Pretty sure we have preferred rates because we’re regulars.

The_Rural_Juror
10-19-2019, 10:13 AM

Stek has been much better than any of my previous installations at Shadow. The hydrophobic coating really helps with cleaning and it looks a bit thinner with less distortion.

benyl
10-19-2019, 11:23 AM

Yeah, can’t really share my pricing, but you can name drop me and they will give you a better price than walking off the street. I can PM you a number to contact. They only talk to blue bubbles now. Haha. Just kidding.

C4S
10-19-2019, 11:24 AM
I don't get it too .. Just do whatever I was told to ..

Have my whole car wrap, then ceramic coat ... so, the ceramic coat is protecting the Xpel, not really protecting the paint? :confused:

The ceramic coating also make the Xpel "harden", not as flexible, so the "edge" peer off a bit.. *_*

Now I am wondering does it really help if apply the ceramic coat on wheel and brake ...:confused: (Black/gun metal wheels do chipped easily)

Disoblige
10-19-2019, 11:25 AM
Stek has been much better than any of my previous installations at Shadow. The hydrophobic coating really helps with cleaning and it looks a bit thinner with less distortion.
I wonder for Stek, how long the hydrophobic coating lasts on it and if it noticeable degrades after a little while.

I don't drive my car very often, but washing a car with XPEL + Opticoat+ is great. Wintertime is so cool because my car would have noticeable light dirt on it, but if I'm driving on the highway and it flurries, the snow flurries actually clean the dirt off the car and it's like I just washed it! I don't know how to really explain it but I seen it happen more than a few times and it amazed me.

KPHMPH
10-19-2019, 12:12 PM
I’m surprised now one has mentions Ultimate Auto Protection, Renee is so anal about her work, she does some of the best work in the city.

killramos
10-19-2019, 12:24 PM

Have my whole car wrap, then ceramic coat ... so, the ceramic coat is protecting the Xpel, not really protecting the paint? :confused:

The ceramic coating also make the Xpel "harden", not as flexible, so the "edge" peer off a bit.. *_*

Now I am wondering does it really help if apply the ceramic coat on wheel and brake ...:confused: (Black/gun metal wheels do chipped easily)

My understanding is ceramic provides next to no mechanical protection for the car.

Chemical protection yes. Hydrophobic and easier to clean yes.

Ceramic is a wax alternative rather than a PPF like product.

The_Rural_Juror
10-19-2019, 12:32 PM
I wonder for Stek, how long the hydrophobic coating lasts on it and if it noticeable degrades after a little while.

I don't drive my car very often, but washing a car with XPEL + Opticoat+ is great. Wintertime is so cool because my car would have noticeable light dirt on it, but if I'm driving on the highway and it flurries, the snow flurries actually clean the dirt off the car and it's like I just washed it! I don't know how to really explain it but I seen it happen more than a few times and it amazed me.

So far it has been easier to get road bugs off. Probably 1/3 of the time compared to my last 3M installation. However, there has been one small tear from an impact.
The other thing that I had ShadowTint put in was ExoShield to guard against rock chips. It has probably saved me from a few chips, however I don't Deerfoot much.

I would try Renee's shop out if I hadn't already had so much history with Shadow and if I wasn't already sold on Stek.

rlim891
10-25-2019, 01:55 PM

A couple of years ago when nanocoatings blew up, many people were using SI02 or "hard" coatings on PPF. Putting this type of coating on PPF affects the PPF (in a bad way) and also durability does not last nearly as long as on the painted surface. Last year, a whack of big coating manufacturers came out with PPF coatings, which are soft coatings that last about 1-2 years. Xpel also came out with their own coating lol.

A good PPF coating has a few advantages.

- added chemical resistance. (ie, bugs left on it long enough will not harm the PPF)
- better protection water spots. PPF in nature does not offer good protection against water spots.
- added gloss and slickness
- last but not least, ease of washing

STEK's hydrophobic is great but like any other hydrophobic coatings, it degrades after our winter here. The reason is the same as why hydrophobic degrades with coating on paint. STEK has cleaner and booster to bring them back.

Some exciting things are happening in the coating industry next year. Will be sharing them in a few months once my 16 months testing is over.

Disoblige
10-25-2019, 01:58 PM
So rlim891, are you saying for example putting Opticoat+ on XPEL affects the PPF in a bad way? Just curious because that's what I have now.

I know people like Renee used to say that putting coating on film is useless. Not sure if her stance has changed since.

rlim891
10-25-2019, 02:25 PM
So rlim891, are you saying for example putting Opticoat+ on XPEL affects the PPF in a bad way? Just curious because that's what I have now.

I know people like Renee used to say that putting coating on film is useless. Not sure if her stance has changed since.

Opticoat Pro Plus is a 2 step, Pro and Plus.. Different syringes. Most certified guys don't apply "Pro" to ppf. It's the "Plus" that's suppose to be use for ppf.

I don't think Renbe has actually tried professional grade ppf coatings, I must pay her a visit one of these days :D

Disoblige
10-25-2019, 02:42 PM
Oh okay. I wasn't sure so I just went back to check. It was an "Opti-Coat Pro+ Package" that was added to the PPF.

rage2
11-28-2019, 02:29 PM
If you have a new model car and looking for PPF, and willing to let them keep the car for a week to measure it out to create their kits, Shadow Tinting will do it for material cost. Mostly looking for Audi and Mercedes but check with them to see if your car is something they need.

nzwasp
07-29-2020, 10:09 AM
Buying a used infiniti from Mercedes downtown this week and they recommended their 3M front wrap for the hood at a price of $1400 - seems overly excessive or is that the price you pay these days?

Mitsu3000gt
07-29-2020, 10:13 AM
Buying a used infiniti from Mercedes downtown this week and they recommended their 3M front wrap for the hood at a price of $1400 - seems overly excessive or is that the price you pay these days?

That is about 3-4 times what a hood wrap should cost. Dealerships are typically the worst possible places to get PPE done - take it to a third party shop. You can get partial hood, bumper, and mirrors done for $400-600ish, just the hood for $1400 is ridiculous.

For around $1400 you could wrap the entire front end including full hood, mirrors, A pillars, partial roof, and partial doors.

Chester
07-29-2020, 01:26 PM
I wrapped the entire front clip + roof on my Jeep SRT for around ~$2000 (I think) @ tint tech. $1400 for just half the front hood is a ripoff.

nzwasp
07-29-2020, 01:38 PM
Mercedes were offering $1300 for the 24" of hood, mirrors and fenders. I told them I was going to take it elsewhere and they said "we will price match" so i sent them the link for the same thing for $429 in calgary. Havent heard back yet.

shakalaka
07-29-2020, 01:47 PM
Not many places can come close to this deal but I just had a local Benz dealership do the entire front hood, bumper, headlights, fenders, rocker panels and side mirrors wrapped for $1000.

haggis88
07-29-2020, 02:30 PM
I wrapped the entire front clip + roof on my Jeep SRT for around ~$2000 (I think) @ tint tech. $1400 for just half the front hood is a ripoff.

+1 for TintTech, great guys and great work

killramos
07-29-2020, 03:16 PM
Even 2,000 sounds like way too much to me. That’s more than 30% more than what I paid on my Sierra for the same coverage ( and probably a bigger wrap).

nzwasp
07-29-2020, 03:22 PM
They came back and would match at $429 - so 2 foot of hood, mirrors, and fenders for $429 however then they told me that they would also offer me the bumper protection and match that price at 749$ which they were previously offering for $2000

88CRX
07-29-2020, 03:26 PM
Played that price match game with Acura one time and the quality of the 3M work they did was trash. And they used the cheapest film available (not self healing) and it pitted like crazy. I'd never have a dealer install film again, even if it was free.

pheoxs
07-29-2020, 03:37 PM
They came back and would match at $429 - so 2 foot of hood, mirrors, and fenders for $429 however then they told me that they would also offer me the bumper protection and match that price at 749$ which they were previously offering for $2000

Go elsewhere and get the full hood wrapped. The 2 foot garbage looks so terrible. As soon as you get any kind of discoloration or grit stuck along the edge its such a ugly eyesore. Full hood or bust.

Mitsu3000gt
07-29-2020, 03:45 PM
Does it not bother you that they were first willing to completely screw you and have you overpay by a factor of 3-4 for the work, and only after you threaten to leave does the price magically come back down to earth? For me personally I can't bring myself to deal with someone who tries that, and I would still go elsewhere and reward a company with honest pricing. On top of that, the installers the dealerships have are usually pretty terrible (especially if they're doing it for 1/4 of the original price) unless they are farming it out, at which point you might as well just cut out the middle man. I'd also be double checking they gave me the exact film they said they would be (I.e. Xpel Ultimate), since they will probably try to cut costs if they are agreeing to a lower/fair price.

I'll also echo the above comment to not get half the hood done - do all of it or none of it. Especially on lighter colored cars, the line accumulates dust and becomes very obvious very quickly. I had half hood 3M on an older white car and I will never do that again. The slightest discoloration in the film stands out like a sore thumb, as does the dust line. Discoloration I don't think is a big issue anymore if you go with the premium films that have 10 year color warranties (another reason to make sure the dealer isn't giving you cheap film if you go that route).

Xtrema
07-29-2020, 03:46 PM
Does it not bother you that they were first willing to completely screw you and have you overpay by a factor of 3-4 for the work, and only after you threaten to leave does the price magically come back down to earth? For me personally I can't bring myself deal with someone who tries that, and I would still go elsewhere and reward a company with honest pricing. On top of that, the installers the dealerships have are usually pretty terrible (especially if they're doing it for 1/4 of the original price) unless they are farming it out, at which point you might as well just cut out the middle man. I'd also be double checking they gave me the exact film they said they would be (I.e. Xpel Ultimate), since they will probably try to cut costs if they are agreeing to a lower/fair price.

This. Go find good independents.

nzwasp
07-29-2020, 03:57 PM
Does it not bother you that they were first willing to completely screw you and have you overpay by a factor of 3-4 for the work, and only after you threaten to leave does the price magically come back down to earth? For me personally I can't bring myself to deal with someone who tries that, and I would still go elsewhere and reward a company with honest pricing. On top of that, the installers the dealerships have are usually pretty terrible (especially if they're doing it for 1/4 of the original price) unless they are farming it out, at which point you might as well just cut out the middle man. I'd also be double checking they gave me the exact film they said they would be (I.e. Xpel Ultimate), since they will probably try to cut costs if they are agreeing to a lower/fair price.

I'll also echo the above comment to not get half the hood done - do all of it or none of it. Especially on lighter colored cars, the line accumulates dust and becomes very obvious very quickly. I had half hood 3M on an older white car and I will never do that again. The slightest discoloration in the film stands out like a sore thumb, as does the dust line. Discoloration I don't think is a big issue anymore if you go with the premium films that have 10 year color warranties (another reason to make sure the dealer isn't giving you cheap film if you go that route).

My wife is concerned that if we leave it a week that there wouldnt be any point. The used car has quite a few marks on the hood in the first 2 feet because of rock chips which we are getting fixed up as part of the sale. Our highlander only ever had the clear bra 2 foot thing and it didnt really concern me infact I could probably see it on there more easily against black than white.

killramos
07-29-2020, 04:19 PM
I’m sensing a lot of issues stemming from you listening to your wife

brucebanner
07-29-2020, 04:34 PM

:rofl:

benyl
07-29-2020, 04:37 PM

:rofl: so true. We know who wears the pants.

The dealer won't wrap the edges, will use the thinnest film. not worth even the price match.

For full front coverage, if you are paying less than $1,400 some sort of corner is being cut (film, labour (wrapped edges)).

That would be full front bumper, hood, fenders. A-pillars and 18" of the roof in front of the sunroof. Also mirrors and headlights. If you aren't going to do that much, why bother doing any of it?

Disoblige
07-29-2020, 04:41 PM
There are so many good shops out there that do great work without dealership prices/quality.

Jed's opening up his own shop again soon as well, pretty excited especially if you are in the South area.

Chester
07-29-2020, 04:50 PM
Even 2,000 sounds like way too much to me. That’s more than 30% more than what I paid on my Sierra for the same coverage ( and probably a bigger wrap).

That was full hood, front bumper, fenders, headlights, foglights, A-pillars, roof, door cups, rear fenders, rear bumper + tint on the tail lights/bumper lights/mirrors.. $2k sounds like a deal to me.

killramos
07-29-2020, 04:51 PM
Rear fenders and both bumpers makes it pretty good. Not a usual part of a full front wrap.

Though at that point I’m surprised you didn’t wrap the whole car.

Chester
07-29-2020, 04:53 PM
Rear fenders and both bumpers makes it pretty good. Not a usual part of a full front wrap.

Though at that point I’m surprised you didn’t wrap the whole car.

I was tempted to, thinking I'd keep the vehicle forever, but that was a lie.

nzwasp
07-29-2020, 09:47 PM

She has the money. I basically am the trophy husband. My wife makes double my income.

The_Rural_Juror
07-29-2020, 10:08 PM
She has the money. I basically am the trophy husband. My wife makes double my income.

You sure 89couped her.

Disoblige
07-29-2020, 10:30 PM
My wife makes double my income.
No point making double income if you're getting charged double the cost for things, or getting half the quality for the same price as a good shop.

ExtraSlow
07-29-2020, 10:39 PM
Shit, no point working at all, then you have all day to spend her money.

Mitsu3000gt
07-30-2020, 09:57 AM
My wife is concerned that if we leave it a week that there wouldnt be any point. The used car has quite a few marks on the hood in the first 2 feet because of rock chips which we are getting fixed up as part of the sale. Our highlander only ever had the clear bra 2 foot thing and it didnt really concern me infact I could probably see it on there more easily against black than white.

I don't think you will get many more rock chips, if any, in the summer in a week's time. Could always buy some touch up paint too and fix anything you need to before giving it to another shop for a proper job. Or just schedule it so the day you pick up your car is also the day you have your PPF appointment, if possible.

KRZY403
08-18-2020, 06:54 PM
bumping an old thread. looking for a shop to do some ppf. who to go to nowadays?

The_Rural_Juror
08-18-2020, 06:57 PM
Good idea. Pretty old thread. Info must be updated.

ExtraSlow
08-18-2020, 07:46 PM
+1, my next item need ppf.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-18-2020, 07:47 PM
KimBros PPF and Tint

403-835-4469

riander5
08-18-2020, 08:40 PM
bumping an old thread. looking for a shop to do some ppf. who to go to nowadays?

We need an update bad, who knows what happened to all the companies mentioned in here

killramos
08-18-2020, 09:30 PM
Rainer. Nano Defense.

We should really just sticky this

ExtraSlow
08-18-2020, 09:44 PM
Rainer. Nano Defense.

I have sent that dude a couple of emails and PM's, but I guess I'll have to pick up the phone like a caveman to see if he is still in business. I spend all day on the phone for work, kinda wish I could email for personal stuff.

HiSpec
08-18-2020, 09:45 PM
Jed from Autokosmetik?

ExtraSlow
08-18-2020, 09:54 PM
Jed from Autokosmetik?

Is that a reccomenations? Because it doesn't sound like one.

The_Rural_Juror
08-18-2020, 10:14 PM
Rainer. Nano Defense.

Rainer didn't give me a discount after I named dropped killramos so that didn't help. They also use Xpel while I prefer Stek.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like a question.

The_Rural_Juror
08-18-2020, 10:19 PM
If you have a new model car and looking for PPF, and willing to let them keep the car for a week to measure it out to create their kits, Shadow Tinting will do it for material cost. Mostly looking for Audi and Mercedes but check with them to see if your car is something they need.

Nice! I will call up ST tomorrow and name drop you. :love:

Disoblige
08-18-2020, 10:47 PM
I'd take my car to Jed any day.

Team_Mclaren
08-18-2020, 10:56 PM
Jed from Autokosmetik?

x2

HiSpec
08-18-2020, 11:48 PM

Sorry it was more of a possible suggestion.

The_Rural_Juror
08-19-2020, 07:35 AM
Sorry it was more of a possible suggestion.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

rx7boi
08-19-2020, 11:07 AM
I have sent that dude a couple of emails and PM's, but I guess I'll have to pick up the phone like a caveman to see if he is still in business. I spend all day on the phone for work, kinda wish I could email for personal stuff.

https://media.tenor.com/images/84c70d5f92438b9745a3e71d26ec2026/tenor.png

Wait, it's the other way around.

08-20-2020, 03:01 PM
I’ve only used shadow tinting in the past and have had no issues with the workmanship. Get the premium package and cover up the whole front end.

The_Rural_Juror
08-20-2020, 03:06 PM
I am a shadowtinter as well. Casually name drop rage2 and benyl for double the discounts.

googe
08-21-2020, 09:57 AM
These high end wraps seem expensive. Like it’s almost cheaper to go without and repaint the car if it gets scratched. What am I missing?

Mitsu3000gt
08-21-2020, 10:01 AM
These high end wraps seem expensive. Like it’s almost cheaper to go without and repaint the car if it gets scratched. What am I missing?

The fact that a good paint job + repairs can cost $10K+ and after they fully disassemble and reassemble all your trim/panels, etc. the car will never be the same again.

The_Rural_Juror
08-21-2020, 10:08 AM
Wraps are cheaper than paint. Full paint could take weeks also.

rage2
08-22-2020, 09:21 PM
Wrapping your car is like saran wrapping your remotes. Keeps it minty fresh. Door dings is much cheaper to repair. PDR and rewrap panel.

engibeer
08-24-2020, 10:23 AM
I've used both Shadow and Peter @ Precision Auto Films (https://g.page/PAF-Calgary?share). PAF came in cheaper for XPEL on a similarly sized sedan.

Disoblige
08-24-2020, 10:57 AM
No one would get just one panel painted as it's going to stand out like a sore thumb, they would have to get the entire side painted. Plus getting paint work done is a PITA. Plus combine the fact wraps can protects against minor road debris, chips, and makes washing the car so much easier, makes sense to me if you are owning the car for a lengthy period of time and want it to look decent.

The_Rural_Juror
08-24-2020, 12:05 PM
I've used both Shadow and Peter @ Precision Auto Films (https://g.page/PAF-Calgary?share). PAF came in cheaper for XPEL on a similarly sized sedan.

Stek has the hydrophobic coating which seems to work pretty well. Did you namedrop rage2 and benyl? Can confirm that works...well...at least one of the two. :rofl:

killramos
08-24-2020, 12:07 PM
When you name drop rage2 and benyl, do you need to use their e personas or their white man names?

Asking for skr