PDA

View Full Version : SCAM WARNING: DNSCORP.ORG - targeting me today

ExtraSlow
02-22-2017, 11:51 AM
Got an email to my company websites "info" email today from dnscorp.org. Let me tell you, when I read it I nearly jumped off the toilet! My normal process for stuff like this is to check it out, and turns out this is a scam. I confirmed my domain is not up for renewal and double checked it's status with my domain host.

reminder, if you need to renew any services, never click a link in the email, always go in through the main account login of the provider that you normally use for that service.

Best wishes everyone.

Full text of email (with domain changed) is below for anyone who wants to read it.

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any financial loss, data loss, downgrade in search engine rankings, missed customers, undeliverable email or any other damages that you may suffer upon the expiration of www.yourdomain.com. For more information please refer to section 17.c.1a of our User Agreement.

This is your final notice to renew www.yourdomain.com:

https://dnscorp.org/?n=www.yourdomain.com&r=c

In the event that www.yourdomain.com expires, we reserve the right to offer your listing to competing businesses in the same niche and region after 3 business days on an auction basis.

This is the final communication that we are required to send out regarding the expiration of www.yourdomain.com

Secure Online Payment:

https://dnscorp.org/?n=www.yourdomain.com&r=c

All services will be automatically restored on www.yourdomain.com if payment is received in full before expiration. Thank you for your cooperation.

Seth1968
02-22-2017, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

reminder, if you need to renew any services, never click a link in the email, always go in through the main account login of the provider that you normally use for that service.

That's right.

A very common phishing scam right now is the fake "reset your Outlook password" email.

blindsight
02-22-2017, 12:28 PM

Disoblige
02-22-2017, 12:42 PM
A good rule of thumb to abide by is unless you just submitted a request to reset a password yourself, never trust any link you receive.