PDA

View Full Version : Sirius in Car Issue

lasimmon
03-17-2017, 09:09 PM
So recently in my car I have been getting sound alright from my Sirius radio but I get no artist or song information. I can push "replay" and go backwards based on the songs that are played, but I can't see any names. I have googled extensively looking for a solution and have no idea.

Anyone seen this before?

roll_over
03-17-2017, 09:39 PM
call sirius and have them try a reset

01RedDX
03-20-2017, 12:43 AM

Mitsu3000gt
03-20-2017, 11:24 AM
Small hijack - but I had no idea how expensive this service was. I am on a 3 month trial but holy shit $16-$22mo? Unlimited subscriptions from Google, Spotify, etc. are all much cheaper, allow downloads, and have no commercials. So far I have found XM riddled with advertisements/commercials, and the comedy channels I was listening to and really liked at first (so much I was actually considering paying the outrageous subscription fee) recycle the same comedy bits over and over several times a week. Sometimes I go to a channel and it's not even broadcasting what it should be, it's just pure advertisements. Am I just on the wrong channels or is that what it's like? I assumed this was a $3.99/mo type deal.

jacky4566
03-20-2017, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Small hijack - but I had no idea how expensive this service was. I am on a 3 month trial but holy shit $16-$22mo? Unlimited subscriptions from Google, Spotify, etc. are all much cheaper, allow downloads, and have no commercials. So far I have found XM riddled with advertisements/commercials, and the comedy channels I was listening to and really liked at first (so much I was actually considering paying the outrageous subscription fee) recycle the same comedy bits over and over several times a week. Sometimes I go to a channel and it's not even broadcasting what it should be, it's just pure advertisements. Am I just on the wrong channels or is that what it's like? I assumed this was a $3.99/mo type deal.

Not to mention the quality is right shit. The 32 to 64 Kbps sounds worse than a decent FM station.

lasimmon
03-20-2017, 11:51 AM
Had them reset it and it works fine now.

As for price... I just don't renew when it comes up and let them call me 4 or 5 times before I answer and they give a good deal like $40 or $45 for 6 months which I'll then renew.

As for google and such, I don't have a great data plan and don't have time to sit around and build/download playlists so I don't see any value in those services.

Mitsu3000gt
03-20-2017, 11:52 AM
Yeah I noticed the quality was very poor - on a decent stereo you can tell it's nowhere near as good as Google Play Music, at least to my ears. It also takes 50% more volume input for the same sound level.

I don't stream on Google Play either, it's so easy to download playlists, albums, or automatically made playlists, I haven't had to use any data at all. You just click on a song you like, have it auto-generate a playlist of similar music, and hit the download button. Been working great for me so far anyway and requires no time or effort. I've also found it to be a fantastic way of discovering new music/artists.

rage2
03-20-2017, 11:59 AM
From 2011... :rofl:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/344837/unsubscribed-to-sirius-today/

Funny how I replaced it with Pandora at the time, early days of streaming radio, and now it's a de facto standard with Spotify, Apple Music offering $10/month subs, better features, better curation, better everything at a fraction of the cost. I'm surprised the whole satellite radio business model still works. Only thing I miss really is Howard Stern, maybe people are still paying to listen to him.

A2VR6
03-20-2017, 01:25 PM
Only reason why I still have sat radio is only due to the fact that I have a lifetime sub. But totally agreed... would not pay a monthly fee for the current offerings.