PDA

View Full Version : Robbed at the Gym

Maxx Mazda
03-24-2017, 02:16 PM
Beacon hill Goodlife yesterday, I'm on the treadmill closest to the front door, it's the one I usually use because I like to see the hot chicks come and go. It's a Thursday, at 11:30am. So I'm running there, and I see this guy walk in, there's nobody at the front counter to scan his membership. Unless it's a weekend, the staff tends to stick the scanner up on the counter and fuck off to the back to chat.. I digress. Anyways, this guy comes in and even before anything happens I'm watching him and thinking to myself, that dude looks REALLY out of place here. Ripped ass jeans, haggard facial hair, a big puffy jacket (it was warm as fuck outside) and ball cap on. No gym bag, no water bottle, nothing. So I didn't give it much thought really, he goes to the locker room and comes out about 5 mins later and heads out the door. I figured he's maybe meeting an employee about a delivery or something, I dunno. Finish my run about 5 mins after this guy leaves, go to my locker, and the fucken lock is cut off. This beater stole my wallet, and my iPhone 4S that I kept in my bag as an iPod. Also took my GoodLife key tag and a bag of pre-workout (wtf???) Another two lockers got hit too, and from what the guys said he took a phone and their wallets as well.

Call up visa, keep in mind my card was missing now for no more than 15 mins. They had already charged $1000 in Air canada tickets and some other online shit. Cancelled the cards, my debit card, etc. Now I'm out a wallet, need a new ID, etc. What a pain in the dick. Only had about $20 cash in there and he will maybe get $30 for the iPod with a cracked screen.

Called the cops, we all did police reports, they were gonna pull the tapes. I guess why he stole my gym tag was because he will use it now to get into another gym past the gate. I already had it cancelled and got a new one tho, but they weren't interested in "flagging" my old one in case he tried to use it.

What really chaps my ass, is Goodlife's blah-zeé attitude toward the whole thing. Sure you have a sign saying articles are left at my own risk, but why the FUCK is a guy like that even getting into the locker room unabated anyways?? Should I not be able to be confident that if I LOCK shit in a locker in your gym that it'll be safe there?? For fucks sake. Have someone look at the fucking screen when someone swipes in and make sure they match the key tag by comparing them to a photo. Is that too much to ask? Every other gym has no problem doing it.

Anyways, I'm out a couple hours of time and an iPod. That's not the point tho. Some fuckin degenerate helped himself to MY shit that I worked hard to pay for, and I'm livid. I'm not a meathead, but had I caught him in the act I would have raged. How nobody in the locker room saw him is beyond me either. That place is always busy.

At least he didn't take my truck keys... in the future that's where I'll be leaving all my valuables.

Kloubek
03-24-2017, 02:24 PM
That's crappy man. Sorry to hear it.

By the title, I was thinking someone actually mugged you.

Thaco
03-24-2017, 02:26 PM
That sucks for sure, bullshit that goodlife didnt even care...

I wonder about the air canada tickets though, dont you need a passport to book tickets? couldn't they trace it back that way?

Gman.45
03-24-2017, 02:30 PM
I would be raising hell with the owners about their employee, who is the 1st and most important line of defense in keeping thieves and other trouble makers OUT, hiding in the back, shirking their front counter duties.

I know precisely what you're talking about, the indoor walking track/soccer/gym I use near my folks home in SK has the exact same thing happening, they are open 24 hours part of the year, and when I go to train at 2am or sometimes 3 or 4 am, there is NEVER anyone at the front desk, she's fucked off to go do her nails or god knows what, and just has a hand written sign up saying to check yourself in with your card at the reader.

Hard to believe how fast thieves can act...and airline tickets, in 15 minutes no less....would they be trying to sell these online or something? I can't imagine anyone would be so stupid as to use tickets they stole themselves, but who knows. You don't need a passport to book domestic tickets.

revelations
03-24-2017, 02:31 PM
This is exactly why nothing of value goes in the gym locker. In fact I've never once locked up my shit, the bag just has a change of clothes. The assholes assume if your door is not locked that you have nothing to steal.

Phones wallets, watches etc. stay in the car. Gym employees and management rarely give a shit - unless it involves memberships.

lasimmon
03-24-2017, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by revelations
This is exactly why nothing of value goes in the gym locker. In fact I've never once locked up my shit, the bag just has a change of clothes. The assholes assume if your door is not locked that you have nothing to steal.

Phones wallets, watches etc. stay in the car. Gym employees and management rarely give a shit - unless it involves memberships.

Same. You can steal my clothes if you want but there is nothing else in my locker.

Mitsu3000gt
03-24-2017, 02:45 PM
That sucks man. Gyms are always high targets because what does everyone have with them at the gym? Wallet, car keys, smartphone/ipod, and headphones. All very small, valuable, easily concealable items.

I stopped taking my wallet to the gym at all, since it's such a short drive from my house. I gamble on the "driving without a licence" ticket and don't speed. My phone/headphones are on my person, but I leave my keys in my bag and no valuables in my car since it's a pretty big jump from iPod to grand theft auto, but you never know I guess. If you have to bring your wallet or CC with you because you want to go shopping after or whatever, keep it in the car.

I guess you know for next time if you see someone like that, better off getting off the treadmill and going to check on your stuff. Not like you should have to do that though if the employees were paying attention. The desk employee attitudes suck but probably not much to be done about that - they are getting $15/hr or whatever, they don't GAF. Police will do nothing either for something like this, guaranteed.

Even more surprising to me is people who leave wallet/phone/car keys in a little pile in an OPEN CUBBY (not even a locker) and just proceed with their 2hr workout. Jesus.

Originally posted by Thaco
That sucks for sure, bullshit that goodlife didnt even care...

I wonder about the air canada tickets though, dont you need a passport to book tickets? couldn't they trace it back that way?

You don't need a passport to buy tickets or vacation packages from anywhere - only to check in, but you're right that eventually he would have to show one. You can buy tickets for other people though, so I don't think that would raise any red flags unless they were specifically looking for it. It would just look like the OP bought some guy (the thief) tickets. It should all get canceled though through the CC company as they will block the charge before it posts.

Maxx Mazda
03-24-2017, 02:55 PM
Lesson learned for next time, yeah. What pisses me off is the fact this even took place at all. It's supposed to be a "professional" chain of fitness centres. I workout 5 days a week so I might go back and raise hell with the manager. Anyone know who runs that location? The " manager" on duty was nice enough but I don't think he had any actual power.

Maxx Mazda
03-24-2017, 02:58 PM
Ironically, I'm a pilot for Air Canada, and it does happen more than you think where people show up to actually use tickets purchased with stolen credit cards. There's no way this guy had the time or intelligence to do that though. As soon as he had my card he had to have phoned the number in to somebody. My wallet is probably in a garbage can somewhere once he took the valuable stuff out. I looked around a few near the gym but didn't find anything

Mitsu3000gt
03-24-2017, 02:59 PM
Switch gyms, that's the only thing that will get their attention at all. But if that's wildly inconvenient for you, then there isn't much you can do. You will just get worthless apologies, maybe a month or two free. I used to go to Anytime Fitness downtown and they were pretty liberal with free months if you had any complaints - worth a shot I guess if you can't switch gyms. Letting someone like that in is pretty negligent, but probably not uncommon.

Pacman
03-24-2017, 03:10 PM
I would consider calling the credit reporting agencies and putting a flag on your file on the off chance this douchebag tries to do the identify theft thing.

Swank
03-24-2017, 03:19 PM
Same thing happened to my gf at Gold's last summer, except her lock was still on the locker, but those are so easy to open without a combination. She unfortunately had a few hundred in cash in her wallet, and house and car keys taken. Fortunately we drove my car that day, so we sped home hoping her car was still in the garage and it was. We had the house re-keyed as well as her car, also had her register with Equifax and one other company to (supposedly) reduce the risk of loans being taken out in her name. Canceled all cards, etc, you know the drill.

The staff also didn't give a fuck. What really floors me is they have a basket at the front to drop your car keys in so you don't have to carry them around. Anyone can reach in and take as many keys they want. Free cars at Gold's!!! :banghead:

It's a horrible feeling, and she always thought I was being too paranoid, but she is hardcore diligent now to this day. Seriously, only put things in the locker that you assume will be stolen in a gym, or any low tech locker. She now takes the bare minimum to start with, and she has a towel with a concealed zipper pocket in it for car keys & license, the towel is always attached to her.

ZenOps
03-25-2017, 06:18 AM
It happens. Learned this lesson a long time ago. Nowadays I just bring the bare minimum and maybe $20 to cover any expenses so if its lost its not a biggie.

If I can get away with just my personalized Starbucks card, that's what I do. Its got my name just as a very basic ID (like going to hospital), but its no loss at all if its lost.

sneek
03-25-2017, 08:52 AM
:guns: That sucks! I used to work out at that Goodlife when I lived in the NW. It is usually busy enough mid day that it should still draw enough attention if somebody is cutting off a lock. I recall another thread on here where somebody had their car keys + car stolen from Northland GL as well.

This thread worries me a bit because I usually hit the gym after work so I have my watch, wallet and phone on me.

C_Dave45
03-25-2017, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
That's crappy man. Sorry to hear it.

By the title, I was thinking someone actually mugged you.
X2. Rob: to take something from (someone) by unlawful force or threat of violence

Still sucks. Had that happen right under my nose in the dressing room while playing hockey. The real rub though: The guy that stole all the money out of my wallet, was a spare player for our own team. He got a game misconduct, went into the dressing room early, but hung around long enough to buy a beer for himself and someone else, even though the guy was notoriously "cheap"...yeah, he used MY money to buy his and the other guy's beer!

I didn't notice until I put my pants on, reached into my back pocket and realized my wallet was put in upside-down and backwards, and about $70 was gone. He hit a couple of the other guys as well.

Guy had balls!

mr2mike
03-25-2017, 10:06 AM
Wow.
Yes, arena thefts are rampant and some teams I play on, we take our valuables onto the bench in a communal bag.

24gtis2
03-25-2017, 10:39 AM
Had a similar happen at the same GoodLife a few years back. Some guy took my stuff on a Sunday afternoon and went on a spending spree buying gift cards all around Evanston and Sunridge. Good life didn't give 2 fs and they told me the security cams weren't working. Good thing the security cameras at the gas stations were functioning. Got a call 3 months later from CPS saying they found the guy.

suntan
03-25-2017, 10:45 AM
The gym doesn't care because theft is rampant in places like that.

zieg
03-25-2017, 11:14 AM
"please don't be goodlife"
*click*
Fuck. Guess my wallet's staying in the truck from now on too.

J-hop
03-25-2017, 12:13 PM

The thing is you are in a building that should require a pass to access. You lock your items up with a lock and still they get stolen.

While I understand there are further steps you can take this should not be the expected outcome of going to a private gym... ever.

Sucks to hear OP I definitely wouldn't expect that at that location. I would expect it at ones accessible easily by transit but not that one

KrisYYC
03-25-2017, 06:35 PM
My gym you have to scan your FOB to even open the front door.

TomcoPDR
03-25-2017, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by KrisYYC

My gym you have to scan fob to open TWO doors

Maxx Mazda
03-25-2017, 07:57 PM
That's what bugs me. What do I pay a membership for? I expect that because I pay a membership, the only other people who get in have also paid a membership. And I expect some policy or procedure in place to ensure that everyone who walks in has a membership. That's not the case here clearly.

I don't think I was that unrealistic in expecting that when I LOCK my shit in a LOCKER in what's supposed to be a SECURE gym, that I should be able to leave my valuables in there without worrying.

Xtrema
03-26-2017, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by KrisYYC

Same with Goodlife.

You scan tag to get in. But there is no way for the front desk to figure out if you are really owner of your fobs.

That's too bad. But I guess they pick 11:30am weekday for a reason, not enough traffic in the locker room. Rush hour usually had way too many people in the locker room to pull that off.

Front desk is too young to play security/bouncer role. But may be they need to update their security policy/protocol tho. That's my gym too but I only go after work and the amount of traffic is insane at that time.

silvercivicsir
03-26-2017, 10:56 PM
Had my car broken into at the parking lot of goodlife, bunch of low life pricks!!!

I wonder if using those small lockers by the massage chairs for wallet / phone would be better?

Skyline_Addict
03-26-2017, 11:12 PM
I once had my wallet stolen from my car at Gold's Gym when it was at Northland.

The new gym I go to has some lockers that are in the main thoroughfare near the reception (they're not in the change rooms). I opt to lock my stuff up in one of those lockers as I am thinking that being in plain sight is a deterrent. While in the change rooms a thief is out of sight of cameras and foot traffic if its not busy.

Generally speaking, yeah...probably not wise to put any valuables in a locker at a gym but the alternatives are somewhat inconvenient....but less so once someone robs you. Gotta make the best choice and hope nothing bad happens. This is the world we live in.

J-hop
03-27-2017, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Same with Goodlife.

You scan tag to get in. But there is no way for the front desk to figure out if you are really owner of your fobs.

That's too bad. But I guess they pick 11:30am weekday for a reason, not enough traffic in the locker room. Rush hour usually had way too many people in the locker room to pull that off.

Front desk is too young to play security/bouncer role. But may be they need to update their security policy/protocol tho. That's my gym too but I only go after work and the amount of traffic is insane at that time.

At world health your picture pops up when you scan, pretty sure GoodLife is the same.

heavyD
03-27-2017, 07:08 AM
Are you guys taking your concerns to the manager of the facility or the employees they have working at the door? You have to take your complaints as high as possible or chances are nobody will give a crap. If the manager of the gym doesn't care then you have to ask if you still want to do business with them.

R154
03-27-2017, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
Are you guys taking your concerns to the manager of the facility or the employees they have working at the door? You have to take your complaints as high as possible or chances are nobody will give a crap. If the manager of the gym doesn't care then you have to ask if you still want to do business with them.

Sometimes it's not that simple. Some of us are locked into contracts which are nigh on impossible to break. So now you're stuck paying for 2 gym memberships?

jwslam
03-27-2017, 08:14 AM
Sidenote, you and every other @$$hole that does this causes me to have to open 40 lockers before I find one I can use.

revelations
03-27-2017, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by jwslam

Sidenote, you and every other @$$hole that does this causes me to have to open 40 lockers before I find one I can use.

Oddly enough, I always find a locker in the farthest corner :dunno:

austic
03-27-2017, 08:42 AM
That's rough, one of the reasons I cancelled my goodlife membership was how unsecure the locker room was at that exact location. There seems to never be any staff to make sure someone doesn't just walk by.

I go to Winsport now. much more secure lockers but the price difference is substantial.

Gestalt
03-27-2017, 08:43 AM

I haven't locked a locker as long as I can remember.

Gyms are prowler territory. Nothing new. Don't bring anything of value

jwslam
03-27-2017, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Gestalt
I haven't locked a locker as long as I can remember.

Gyms are prowler territory. Nothing new. Don't bring anything of value
I'm not saying the lock is of any security, I'm saying the lock is an indicator that that locker is in use, instead of me having to open 40 of them to find one I can use.

Gestalt
03-27-2017, 09:15 AM
Also tells thieves that are short on time which one are occupied and more likely to have something good in it.

And your gym must be really busy. I usually end up with same locker.

riander5
03-27-2017, 09:54 AM

LOL I was about to say the same thing. Lock your shit up! And the only reason i say that is so i can find a fucking locker for my stuff faster haha

Mitsu3000gt
03-27-2017, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by J-hop

At world health your picture pops up when you scan, pretty sure GoodLife is the same.

Same at Anytime Fitness. If they are paying attention, they can instantly see if you're the correct person.

Maxx Mazda
03-27-2017, 11:29 AM
Been out of town for work the last couple days, haven't even had time to get a new wallet or ID yet... Heading into the gym right away once I stop at Canadian Tire and get a new lock that is. I'm going to speak with the manager and see if I can raise the concern of why that beater asshole was let into the gym in the first place.

Gestalt
03-27-2017, 01:46 PM
Pro gym tip. Get a fingerprint safe, the thin ones, bolt it under your car seat. Leave wallet and cash there

Then, nothing in your locker but skid marks.

SOAB
03-27-2017, 02:50 PM

i hate people that do this as well. usually, i get frustrated and just take their stuff out and use the locker.

don't care about your stuff? why even put it in a locker? just leave it on a shelf or something and let someone else use the locker.

Gestalt
03-27-2017, 03:20 PM
Touching someone's stuff is douchebag. But ballsy

I was driving home, and I just pictured this at my gym. Random guy who's probably been robbed at some point, is walking into the locker room, as some low life is helping himself to his stuff, and the excuse is that since the locker was not locked, he assumed it was not wanted.

That would be entertaining to watch in my locker room. :rofl:

jwslam
03-27-2017, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by SOAB
i hate people that do this as well. usually, i get frustrated and just take their stuff out and use the locker.

don't care about your stuff? why even put it in a locker? just leave it on a shelf or something and let someone else use the locker.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mitsu3000gt
03-27-2017, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
Been out of town for work the last couple days, haven't even had time to get a new wallet or ID yet... Heading into the gym right away once I stop at Canadian Tire and get a new lock that is. I'm going to speak with the manager and see if I can raise the concern of why that beater asshole was let into the gym in the first place.

Prepare yourself for some fake sympathy, and empty assurances things will change going forward :) The only person who MIGHT care is the actual owner of that particular franchise. If he can keep your business by offering a free month or two, that's a win for them and they can continue the status quo.

Lex350
03-27-2017, 04:49 PM
The crook should just go to Worlds Edgemont. I have never seen a gym where so many people leave their shit in a locker with no lock.

dirtsniffer
03-27-2017, 05:14 PM
For the record, no contract or signage will protect a business in the case of negligence.

There is a system in place to prevent unregistered people out off the facility. The owner has the duty of care to maintain and enforce the system.

every time you arrive you identify yourself and log in. You can reasonably expect every person to be held to the same level and the owner was negligent in the fact that they allowed someone in with being properly identified. Pretty clear that they are liable for any items that could be reasonably expected inside the locker. Things like wallets, keys, phones should all be covered. Large sums of cash or expensive jewelery might not be covered.

Maxx Mazda
03-28-2017, 03:40 PM
Update:

Spoke with the manager. Nice guy, he was the one I dealt with the day of the robbery.

I worked out before I spoke to him. I took my usual spot on the first treadmill by the door for a roughly 45 minute run. In that time, I kept track of how often the front desk was left unattended. By my estimation, roughly HALF the time, there was nobody there at the desk. The fob reader was left on the counter for patrons to scan in, and there was nobody there to verify who was coming or going. :banghead: Keep in mind, this was a Tuesday around noon, a pretty busy time.

In fact, after my workout, I went to the desk to ask to speak to a manager, and I had to wait for close to 5 minutes to speak to anyone, because there was nobody at the fucking counter! At one point, I saw 6 employees behind the desk, and yet for half the time, there were zero.

So, I when I finally met the manager (again, nice guy) I asked to follow up, if he had heard anything from the police, etc (which he hadn't) and raised my concerns about the desk being unattended. He assured me that beginning in May, all GoodLife locations were moving to a photo identification system as part of the membership. Time will tell I guess...

FraserB
03-28-2017, 03:44 PM
Should steal the fob reader from the front desk next time to prove a point.

Mitsu3000gt
03-28-2017, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
Should steal the fob reader from the front desk next time to prove a point.

Better yet, steal the manager's stuff every time to prove the point haha.

GQBalla
03-28-2017, 06:10 PM
Horrible but I always carry my keys. Wallet. Phone when I work out. I barely even change at the gym unless it's winter.

I also learned the hard way at Saits gym.

Sugarphreak
03-28-2017, 09:51 PM

Maxx Mazda
03-28-2017, 11:19 PM
As a matter of fact I just did. The one I bought to replace my old one is a Master combination lock. My old one wasn't the beefiest, but it wasn't a rinky dink luggage lock either. It was one of those 4 number barrel style locks. The new one is rated "level 4" on the package, hopefully it's more secure than my last one. Regardless, I'll be leaving valuables in my truck from now on anyways.

Mitsu3000gt
03-29-2017, 08:24 AM
At my old gym, the piece that you looped the lock through on the "lockers" were held on by exposed phillips screws :rofl: No need for a bolt cutter when you can just bring a screw driver and remove the whole door.

Neil4Speed
03-29-2017, 10:16 AM
This happened to my dad a few months back at Northland. Wallet, Coat, etc were all lost. He was going on a trip shortly after so he had a fair bit of cash on him (~400 USD).

About a week later, his stuff was found locked in a different locker minus the cash of course. I wonder if it was an inside job... Pretty ballsy and oddly sympathetic to bring back the stuff you had stolen the week earlier.

Sugarphreak
03-29-2017, 11:01 AM

Neil4Speed
03-31-2017, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Or it might be somebody just moved it from one locker to the other quickly so they could go through it in more detail later on without worrying about running into the person. Plus they wouldn't have to make a run for the door with armfuls of other peoples stuff.

Yup, very possible.

Gestalt
03-31-2017, 12:45 PM
Because I'm always losing keys and wallet, wife bought me those little disc Bluetooth trackers for Christmas.

Definitely would have found your stuff in a gym locker room.

Maxx Mazda
04-15-2017, 04:49 PM
UPDATE:

So I get this weird letter in the mail. No return address, nothing. Open it to find my stolen debit card and drivers licence. Didn't contain a note or anything from whomever sent it, but I'm guessing they found the cards in a parking lot or something that the thief discarded before tossing my wallet. Would have been nice to know where they were found, as I could maybe go back and retrace the loser's steps and see if I could locate anything else.

Thanks anyways to the person who returned the cards, although they've been replaced already.

Sugarphreak
04-15-2017, 08:37 PM

Maxx Mazda
12-18-2017, 08:59 PM
UPDATE:

Well, finally, 9 months later, they've instituted photo identification at GoodLife. Had my picture taken today.

Will it keep the losers out? Where there's a will there's a way, but I guess its another layer of that false sense of security.

zieg
12-18-2017, 09:39 PM
hmm, my location has been using photo verification since the fall. Have you been skipping too many days? ;)

Maxx Mazda
12-18-2017, 10:01 PM
hmm, my location has been using photo verification since the fall. Have you been skipping too many days? ;)

They introduced it for standard memberships this summer, but it's brand new for corporate memberships.

Hallowed_point
12-19-2017, 08:47 AM
That really sucks. For me, I keep my wallet, phone and house keys inside my car hidden somewhere. I think the odds of your car being broken into and the thief finding everything is substantially lower. I think it's criminal that gyms have those "key baskets" and then have the audacity to claim no responsibility.

Tik-Tok
12-19-2017, 09:18 AM
UPDATE:

Will it keep the losers out? Where there's a will there's a way, but I guess its another layer of that false sense of security.

Considering you can jump over the gate like it's nothing, and if there's no one at the front desk, I'd say it's highly unlikely to keep thieves out.

JRSC00LUDE
12-19-2017, 09:41 AM
What I find interesting about his thread being bumped is a string of Gestalt posts with zero spelling errors and more or less proper punctuation.

If a few more old updates come up we'll probably be able to pinpoint almost exactly where the fake troll persona started. :rolleyes:

suntan
12-19-2017, 09:49 AM
It's probably his kid.

JRSC00LUDE
12-19-2017, 12:31 PM
It's probably his kid.

Probably looks like the boss.

Xtrema
12-21-2017, 03:22 PM
Considering you can jump over the gate like it's nothing, and if there's no one at the front desk, I'd say it's highly unlikely to keep thieves out.

Well I notice there are less people ever since photo is enforced. That means there are people sharing memberships too.

Tej.S
12-21-2017, 11:37 PM
Too bad the photo isn't helpful if the employees aren't diligent enough to check who is scanning through.

This is why I hate commercial gyms (amongst other reasons). It's also why I've never put my gym bag in gym lockers. I just used to tell the employees to pound sand whenever they told me to put my bag away lol. Why should I abide by your stupid rule(s), when you can't even be held accountable when things go wrong due to said rule(s)?

J-hop
12-21-2017, 11:55 PM
See this is why I don’t understand why fanny packs went out of style

Hallowed_point
12-22-2017, 10:17 AM
See this is why I don’t understand why fanny packs went out of style

They didn't. At least not for the 80's to 90's corvette/Harley crowd.

J-hop
12-22-2017, 10:17 AM
Just so damn functional

NissanFanBoy
12-22-2017, 10:27 AM
I was a member of World Health for at least 10 years, I always wore shorts or pants with pockets, and if I went on the treadmill I'd put my wallet and keys and phone on the treadmill tray... Guess how many times I got "robbed".

This goes for hockey too, I always wear shorts underneath my hockey pants, never leave your wallet and keys in the change room.

Common sense, just like locking your car doors or not putting your wallet and keys by the front door. A bit paranoid? Maybe, but as this thread of proof, it happens.

JRSC00LUDE
12-22-2017, 10:28 AM
I was a member of World Health for at least 10 years, I always wore shorts or pants with pockets, and if I went on the treadmill I'd put my wallet and keys and phone on the treadmill tray... Guess how many times I got "robbed".

This goes for hockey too, I always wear shorts underneath my hockey pants, never leave your wallet and keys in the change room.

4?

lasimmon
12-22-2017, 11:01 AM

Common sense, just like locking your car doors or not putting your wallet and keys by the front door. A bit paranoid? Maybe, but as this thread of proof, it happens.

You play hockey with your wallet and keys in your pocket? Da fuck?

J-hop
12-22-2017, 11:15 AM
4?

Is it TPYR rules? I’ll go 3

Man lifting with a ton of crap in your pockets sucks ass.

NissanFanBoy
12-22-2017, 12:23 PM
You play hockey with your wallet and keys in your pocket? Da fuck?

Sure do, wear hockey pants that actually fit and they won't move around... Never had a problem and I've fallen on my keys a few times, I even keep my phone in there.

NissanFanBoy
12-22-2017, 12:26 PM
Is it TPYR rules? I’ll go 3

Man lifting with a ton of crap in your pockets sucks ass.

Seriously?... Why?... Unless you're doing retarded CrossFit exercises, I can't think of any lifting motions or machines that'll be a hassle...

It's just what I do, you all can continue lock your giant ass wallets and key rings with 50 keys on them if you want.

Btw... My key ring has my car fob on it and two other keys that's it.

J-hop
12-22-2017, 12:39 PM
Seriously?... Why?... Unless you're doing retarded CrossFit exercises, I can't think of any lifting motions or machines that'll be a hassle...

It's just what I do, you all can continue lock your giant ass wallets and key rings with 50 keys on them if you want.

Btw... My key ring has my car fob on it and two other keys that's it.

lol, doing a clean and jerk with your pockets full is just stupid. So is laying out a bunch of stuff beside your platform.

NissanFanBoy
12-22-2017, 12:47 PM
lol, doing a clean and jerk with your pockets full is just stupid. So is laying out a bunch of stuff beside your platform.

If you have that much stuff, like someone mentioned, there are fanny packs and other not fanny pack shaped "holders" that you can easily set near you.... Anything is better than putting your life's most important possessions into a locker/change room. I used to lots of people bringing their small backpack with them too what's the big deal?

J-hop
12-22-2017, 01:28 PM
If you have that much stuff, like someone mentioned, there are fanny packs and other not fanny pack shaped "holders" that you can easily set near you.... Anything is better than putting your life's most important possessions into a locker/change room. I used to lots of people bringing their small backpack with them too what's the big deal?

point is it is a pretty reasonable expectation to be able to put your stuff in a locker with a lock in a private facility without it being stolen.

Would be so irritating if everyone brought a bag in

JRSC00LUDE
12-22-2017, 02:56 PM
Sure do, wear hockey pants that actually fit and they won't move around... Never had a problem and I've fallen on my keys a few times, I even keep my phone in there.

I play hockey weekly and am still confused by this. I wear hockey pants and, a can underneath. WTF do you wear under them, jeans?! lol

suntan
12-22-2017, 03:19 PM
That's nothing, I carry a bag of rice with me whenever I workout. Never know when famine's going to hit.

J-hop
12-22-2017, 03:31 PM
I play hockey weekly and am still confused by this. I wear hockey pants and, a can underneath. WTF do you wear under them, jeans?! lol

Cut off jean shorts is my guess

Nevernude

NissanFanBoy
12-22-2017, 03:39 PM

Okay... So I have boxers, then cup, then a pair of cheap old Navy basketball shorts (the mesh type) with front pockets, then the hockey pants going over it... It's not rocket science... Give it a shot. I mean, like I said, my"keys" consist of key fob, house key, and an office key, I've landed on them before, don't feel a thing... Same with the wallet and the phone in the other pocket. Sure beats having to go back to the change room after worrying about whether it's been stolen or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Cut off jean shorts is my guess

Nevernude

Uh you know there are lots of sports shorts that have pockets right? Where the hell are you guys shopping???

cam_wmh
12-25-2017, 12:55 PM
Okay... So I have boxers, then cup, then a pair of cheap old Navy basketball shorts (the mesh type) with front pockets, then the hockey pants going over it... It's not rocket science... Give it a shot. I mean, like I said, my"keys" consist of key fob, house key, and an office key, I've landed on them before, don't feel a thing... Same with the wallet and the phone in the other pocket. Sure beats having to go back to the change room after worrying about whether it's been stolen or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh you know there are lots of sports shorts that have pockets right? Where the hell are you guys shopping???

Hahaha what a bizarre kit. Have you considered locking the dressing room door?

NissanFanBoy
12-25-2017, 01:40 PM
Hahaha what a bizarre kit. Have you considered locking the dressing room door?

Usually the case with hockey rinks is that the last guy (whose responsibility is to lock the door) forgets to lock the door. And just like workout gyms, it is not uncommon for deadbeats to walk on in looking for stuff to steal...even worse for rinks if you're an adult and play late nights where the only people in the building not on the ice is the one maintenance guy.

Maxx Mazda
12-25-2017, 05:04 PM
Then there’s those guys who need to bring their keys with them to every machine in the gym... We get it bro, you drive an Infiniti. You don’t need to flash your fob around and pretend you don’t wanna leave your keys in your locker.

NissanFanBoy
12-25-2017, 05:46 PM
Then there’s those guys who need to bring their keys with them to every machine in the gym... We get it bro, you drive an Infiniti. You don’t need to flash your fob around and pretend you don’t wanna leave your keys in your locker.

Haha.. That's a whole new thread, reasons why I quit a gym and just built one at home.