PDA

View Full Version : Calbridge vs. Morrison - New builders (Calgary)

FamilyGuy
05-01-2017, 03:44 PM
Hello folks!

Long time follower, first time posting.

We are in the market to build a new home and have narrowed our search down to two builders - Calbridge and Morrison.

I would like to hear your experiences and preferences from people who have dealt with these builders.

So far we have had great experience with both but this is pre-sale. I would like to know how things are once you start building, designing, quality, workmanship, walk-through, warranties etc.. After the sale is made and even after the home is taken possession of.

Appreciate your feedback.

:)

Bowen
05-08-2017, 08:20 PM
PM'd.

spike98
05-08-2017, 08:50 PM
Honestly, I have a calbridge home and the experience has been pretty shitty. I've lived in the house for 2 years now. The workmanship isn't the best and i notice new things every day. Nothing bad, just...not clean.

The first year of fixes was terrible and they would do poor jobs on the rework. I am STILL not happy with the terrible walk out patio job they did and re-did. It was like pulling teeth getting them to fix anything. They wont even own up to the cold spot in my suns room. There isn't enough insulation, and i have construction photos showing so, yet they still wont fix it.

In all honesty, id stay away.

JordanLotoski
05-08-2017, 09:36 PM
Calbridge all day long....Morrison is terrible in my opinion..I have quite a few clients that have built with Calbridge, 2 more building now and are all very happy with the end product

liquid1010
05-10-2017, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by JordanLotoski
Calbridge all day long....Morrison is terrible in my opinion..I have quite a few clients that have built with Calbridge, 2 more building now and are all very happy with the end product

Interested to hear what area this is? My luck has not been the same. Overall my experience was average.....

Build quality is good, however communication and follow-through have been poor.

JordanLotoski
05-10-2017, 12:36 PM
^^ Mahogany and Cranston