PDA

View Full Version : Possible taxi fraud?

soloracer
05-11-2017, 02:51 PM
A friend of mine was sitting in his vehicle in a parking lot with the window down and talking on his cell phone. A young guy, wearing trendy clothes and a backpack, comes up an says "Call me a cab". My friend tells him that he is on the phone. So this young guy stands there rolling his eyes like this is some great inconvenience to him. After about 20 seconds my friend looks at him again, still on the phone, and says "What?" The guy again says "Call me a cab". Again my friend says he is on the phone. Then the young guy says "I am not asking. I am telling you" My friend then tells him to F-off. To which the young man replies "You are rude" and walks away.

Question is, has anyone heard of something like this? Hard to believe that a guy wearing good clothes with gold chains and a backpack doesn't have a cell phone. Is it possible that he was hoping my friend would order the cab so that he could run out on the cab fare when he got to his destination? This way the only contact the cab company would have is my friend.

dj_rice
05-11-2017, 03:10 PM
Weird....interested to know as well

killramos
05-11-2017, 03:13 PM
More likely he wanted to steal the phone when he looked down to dial the number :dunno:

Just one of those situations that doesn't smell right, fuck off was the correct response.

If your friend wasn't in a car I would have assumed pickpocket by someone else behind him.

03ozwhip
05-11-2017, 03:22 PM
fuck some people have Balls. I have 0 patience for ignorant motherfuckers.

ee2k
05-11-2017, 03:25 PM
Maybe someone else was on the other side of the car to open door and grab something. Old trick.

sexualbanana
05-11-2017, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by ee2k
Maybe someone else was on the other side of the car to open door and grab something. Old trick.

Was his passenger window open?

Or, did he look to see if he plate was still on?

Outside of what OP suggested, that's all I can think of.

Thaco
05-11-2017, 03:39 PM
maybe he expected you to call the cab and then he'd have to somehow use your phone to explain something to the cab company and then he'd take off with the phone?

Or maybe just an entitled little fuckwad.

rage2
05-11-2017, 03:39 PM
Millennials... :rofl:

Thaco
05-11-2017, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by soloracer Is it possible that he was hoping my friend would order the cab so that he could run out on the cab fare when he got to his destination? This way the only contact the cab company would have is my friend. [/B]

cab company has no proof thats who actually got in the car, the cabs dont exactly card you to get in the car to verify you're the person who called.

JfuckinC
05-11-2017, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

Haha no shit, that would have got me going for sure :rofl:

D'z Nutz
05-11-2017, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

I know right! He should have grabbed that phone and called the cab himself! :rofl:

ercchry
05-11-2017, 05:12 PM
Maybe this is someone's poor attempt at some sort of prank show... you know, looking for that youtube fame? :dunno:

ee2k
05-11-2017, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Millennials... :rofl:

I concur ...

"maybe it was a prank show" one said. OMG am I being punk'd?

gwill
05-12-2017, 12:00 AM
this is the most ridiculous post ever. Maybe just maybe the person needed a cab.

Sugarphreak
05-12-2017, 12:46 AM

JfuckinC
05-12-2017, 08:15 AM
"Millennial" is the new user number lol

schurchill39
05-12-2017, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by gwill
this is the most ridiculous post ever. Maybe just maybe the person needed a cab.

Maybe, just maybe, the kid shouldn't have been a total dick about it.

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you"

sexualbanana
05-12-2017, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
"Millennial" is the new user number lol

Custom user title for all new Beyond members

gwill
05-12-2017, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by schurchill39

Maybe, just maybe, the kid shouldn't have been a total dick about it.

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you"

The op is parnoid and delusional if he looks at life and sees a scam at every thing he does in life.

This stranger said hello to me. What sort of scam is this?!? Someone looked at me weird in the mall... this guy was dressed nice in a suit. Is this a new scam? Whats he trying to do!! Help me im scared!

Some guy really needed a cab and didnt have a phone... pretty simple isnt it?

Thaco
05-12-2017, 08:54 AM

The op is parnoid and delusional if he looks at life and sees a scam at every thing he does in life.

This stranger said hello to me. What sort of scam is this?!? Someone looked at me weird in the mall... this guy was dressed nice in a suit. Is this a new scam? Whats he trying to do!! Help me im scared!

Some guy really needed a cab and didnt have a phone... pretty simple isnt it? not being a dick goes a long way, pretty simple isn't it?

Stuart
05-12-2017, 08:58 AM

Then he should act like a regular human and not an entitled little shit. You will find that the response is often a lot better that way.

SkiBum5.0
05-12-2017, 09:05 AM
gwill, call yourself a cab you lazy millennial!

rx7_turbo2
05-12-2017, 09:08 AM

Pretty rich coming from you :rofl:

If it was a cop in this story instead of a random citizen you'd be trying to figure out why the officer wanted to assault the individual, making wild accusations and jumping to ludicrous conclusions.

SKR
05-12-2017, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Pretty rich coming from you :rofl:

If it was a cop in this story instead of a random citizen you'd be trying to figure out why the officer wanted to assault the individual, making wild accusations and jumping to ludicrous conclusions.

Goddamnit, I was just going to say the same thing. Weird how that straightforward, no reading between the lines approach doesn't work if there's a cop involved.

rx7_turbo2
05-12-2017, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by SKR
Goddamnit, I was just going to say the same thing. Weird how that straightforward, no reading between the lines approach doesn't work if there's a cop involved.
Just wait for his inevitable "Officers should be held to a higher standard" response. ;)

kenny
05-12-2017, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I swear that this is a new trend of trying to get people to beat you up by harassing them so you can sue them.

ex. Burnaby dog kicker :rofl:

HiTempguy1
05-12-2017, 10:09 AM

:rofl:

ickyflex
05-12-2017, 10:12 AM

Have you ever thought of the approach. Perception is everything in life.

Had the individual come up and had asked politely and explained their phone is dead or whatever the case may be and they would appreciate it if you could call them a cab. Story would be entirely different.

JRSC00LUDE
05-12-2017, 10:13 AM

Walk up to a stranger today while he's doing something else, interrupt him and TELL him what to do for you and if he doesn't listen TELL him what to do again.

See how that goes for you. :rofl:

shakalaka
05-12-2017, 10:36 AM
Probably been said already but I think all cabs have inside camera's now. So they don't care who called in if someone bails out on the cab fare. Sounds like this entitled douche needed some help but had no sense of how to ask someone for a favour.

soloracer
05-12-2017, 12:28 PM

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they are NOT out to get you. ;)

Hallowed_point
05-12-2017, 01:24 PM
It sounds to me like this was a case of attempted taxi fraud. How ghetto is that.

Lot's of scams going around. I had some odd homie g type white dude at the TD in bridlewood give me this sob story about getting drunk and not being able to drive his bosses car home (needed money for a cab he claimed.) The drug thing in this city is getting ridiculous.

I had some scrawny millennial puke at a flames game try to troll me and my gf at a flames game when we were taking pictures by making dumb faces photo bombing. He tried to stare me down :rofl: But you know what..it's not worth it. Too many cell phones and world star idiots these days never mind getting a lifetime ban from the saddle dome because of some entitled prick. Kids these days have some serious balls, "I'm not asking, I'm telling you." What a clown. That kinda talk will get your ass beat.

gwill
05-12-2017, 06:56 PM

Just wait for his inevitable "Officers should be held to a higher standard" response. ;)

And here i was wondering why Phil isn't here telling people not to jump to any conclusions...

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Walk up to a stranger today while he's doing something else, interrupt him and TELL him what to do for you and if he doesn't listen TELL him what to do again.

See how that goes for you. :rofl:

Doesn't that make someone an ahole not a scammer? Its funny people think its a scam when its just an idiot kid being an idiot.

rx7_turbo2
05-12-2017, 08:20 PM
Its funny people think its a scam when its just an idiot kid being an idiot.
You take MASSIVE leaps to crazy conclusions when it involves CPS in any scenario. But here you want to just give a guy the benefit of the doubt and take it at face value. Alrighty then :rofl:

phreezee
05-12-2017, 08:41 PM
Classic distraction tactic

http://thenewswheel.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Beverly-Hills-Cop-Banana-in-Car-Tailpipe-scene.jpg

phil98z24
05-13-2017, 06:26 PM

And here i was wondering why Phil isn't here telling people not to jump to any conclusions...

Doesn't that make someone an ahole not a scammer? Its funny people think its a scam when its just an idiot kid being an idiot.

Thanks for thinking of me. :love:

...but seriously. I was doing something I find important (work and golf, not at the same time) And also, I don't really care to weigh in. Sorry to disappoint you. ;)