benz_890
05-12-2017, 12:50 PM
The media could not be played.

JfuckinC
05-12-2017, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by benz_890
The media could not be played.

Happens to me on my work computer..

Yah that was weird though, like the dodge was blocking the lexus(?) because he musta been going slow in the fast lane?

Hallowed_point
05-12-2017, 01:00 PM
That was an interesting maneuver. It should make everyone think twice as far as how we behave on the roads these days as a lot of cars are running dash cams. What bothers me though is how someone's edited footage can make someone look like a nut when we don't get to see everything that led up to it prior.

sexualbanana
05-12-2017, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
That was an interesting maneuver. It should make everyone think twice as far as how we behave on the roads these days as a lot of cars are running dash cams. What bothers me though is how someone's edited footage can make someone look like a nut when we don't get to see everything that led up to it prior.

Dash cams face forward so it's unlikely anything relevant was recorded beforehand

dj_patm
05-12-2017, 01:22 PM
People on this god damn continent.

They CANNOT be inconvenienced by 2 minutes to take the next exit and loop back. Okay so lets say he doesn't get on to Glenmore there, God Forbid he goes through Deerfoot meadows and hits Blackfoot to Glenmore. That adds what, maybe 3-5 minutes to his route?

Instead they ALWAYS have to cut across, slam on their brakes, swerve or whatever it takes to get to their preferred route, safety be damned.

Fucking unbelievable.

quick_scar
05-12-2017, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by dj_patm

They CANNOT be inconvenienced by 2 minutes to take the next exit and loop back. Okay so lets say he doesn't get on to Glenmore there, God Forbid he goes through Deerfoot meadows and hits Blackfoot to Glenmore. That adds what, maybe 3-5 minutes to his route?

Instead they ALWAYS have to cut across, slam on their brakes, swerve or whatever it takes to get to their preferred route, safety be damned.

Fucking unbelievable.

Pretty sure this was not just a missed exit but rather road rage between the truck and car. That is why the cops are interested in speaking with the drivers.

Hallowed_point
05-12-2017, 01:29 PM

Fucking unbelievable.

I see this all the time on the glenmore to 14th street exit. Yep, slam on the brakes and swerve over to the exit while hopefully not hitting anyone.

Nufy
05-12-2017, 01:34 PM
Meh....

Looks like a standard Tuesday afternoon to me...

btimbit
05-12-2017, 01:39 PM
So basically the police are looking to speak with anyone that's driven on Deerfoot, ever

Tik-Tok
05-12-2017, 01:53 PM

I see this all the time on the glenmore to 14th street exit. Yep, slam on the brakes and swerve over to the exit while hopefully not hitting anyone.

"Good ruck everybody else!"

Xtrema
05-12-2017, 02:07 PM
This Lexus style exit happened to me once on Crowchild. You guess it, FOBs.

How long before we should hand driving exam back to the government bodies instead of private for profit instructors.

Chester
05-12-2017, 02:18 PM
Guessing the dodge and lexus were road raging against each other before they even came into the frame of the dashcam.

revelations
05-12-2017, 02:19 PM
This was a road rage incident - both parties at to blame and should be slapped.

ercchry
05-12-2017, 02:27 PM
Have you guys never played "escape the roid raging hick in the ram" before? :rofl:

The Lexus was on D for sure, notice how he was content when he thought the ram was exiting Deerfoot, then the ram cut back in, so he dipped out last second to end the battle, also notice how he slowed right down before committing to glenmore to make sure the ram wouldn't be able to follow

Swank
05-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Chester
Guessing the dodge and lexus were road raging against each other before they even came into the frame of the dashcam. Looked to be the case to me too, once you re-watch it with that in mind it's a whole different video.

tirebob
05-12-2017, 02:37 PM
I was going to say it looks like the Lexus is trying to avoid confrontation with the truck... At least at the point everything comes into the dash cam. His cross over at the end looks like he is trying to escape... Not just take an exit.

max_boost
05-12-2017, 02:46 PM
lol wow.

Hallowed_point
05-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Ram owners are a whole nother level from my experience. Sorry, the 1500 is not meant for drag racing stock. They're no slouches but man, a lot of the owners are crazy around here. I'm biased against ram owners. Something about that hemi just makes the owners do crazy sh*t I find. Fun passing them though :D

dj_patm
05-12-2017, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by quick_scar

Pretty sure this was not just a missed exit but rather road rage between the truck and car. That is why the cops are interested in speaking with the drivers.

Ahh okay that makes sense.

Guy in the comments on FB says he saw this play out and that the lexus hit the truck and the truck was chasing him down.

Take it for what it's worth.

mazdavirgin
05-12-2017, 03:33 PM
Ram owners are a whole nother level from my experience. Sorry, the 1500 is not meant for drag racing stock. They're no slouches but man, a lot of the owners are crazy around here. I'm biased against ram owners. Something about that hemi just makes the owners do crazy sh*t I find. Fun passing them though :D

Yeah but the 1500 is faster than your accord from a roll.

Disoblige
05-12-2017, 03:45 PM

Guy in the comments on FB says he saw this play out and that the lexus hit the truck and the truck was chasing him down.

Take it for what it's worth.
If that's true, the Ram owner is an idiot. Capture plates, remember driver profile, let the car go. Call police.

Manhattan
05-12-2017, 03:50 PM
Looks like road rage to me. Truck was tailing the Lexus super aggressively. Lexus driver probably got scared and tried to get away from the truck by pulling that dangerous maneuver at the end.

tonytiger55
05-12-2017, 04:04 PM
Good driving by the big rig.. anticipated the idiots.

That could have gone so badly when you think about it... :eek:

Nismorphed
05-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Was this a lafarge truck ?

speedog
05-12-2017, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Nismorphed

Nope.

OTown
05-12-2017, 11:33 PM

I lol'ed.

But it sure puts some perspective on why Lafarge is wanting its system so much. So many idiots on the road with zero respect or consideration for others.

Buster
05-13-2017, 02:28 AM

lol. took me a minute.

BokCh0y
05-13-2017, 10:11 AM
Oh wow road rage for sure!!!

The ram didn't even touch the brakes when the Lexus crossed him, very lucky the Lexus didn't get nailed when he cut in front and exited. Surprised the ram just didn't jump the curb and continue. But totally looks like the Lexus was trying to get away.

theken
05-13-2017, 02:40 PM
We don't have dash cams in Calgary yet (lafarge) that shot happens to me daily, a fucktard did the same thing to me Friday from glenmore to Deerfoot. Except he stopped half in my lane as there was no room to Get over on to Deerfoot.

randy.b
05-13-2017, 09:24 PM
Sometimes little cars just need to get out of the way